Tudor-jones a hibee

Council Juice

Jones might have had a good long shot, but he only scored with it twice!

That's why I'd rather have strength than him with his doddering two goals! Na I'm joking, he was good in midfield and yeah your right, two goals but tbh he was the only one that could really shoot and score last season from 25-35 yards other than Shinnesta v St Midden

Yes and how many of these shots invariably tended to go over the bar...eh? If he had been able to control his shots he might have become deadly.

Methinks he feels that going to Hibs will lead to higher things for him down the road--that is, if the Hibs can  pull themselves together and, also, so far I haven't really seen a huge difference in their play or performance with Fenlon in charge.

Looking way back through the years don't you think that Hibs could be a very good side but were also unpredictably poor. When Pat Stanton was in the team now THAT was a good team and Eddie Turnbull's influence was serious. No pun intended but I do remember them beating Kaiserslautern 4-0 on an evening  and Turnbull's goal was all of 40 yards and the goalie never got a sniff... I don't think he even saw it coming. Probably one of the greatest goals I ever saw. 

Anyway I see Willo Flood is going to the Dons. Pity ICT could not have picked him up. A human dynamo with drive and skill aplenty.. He always seems to be involved in what is going on. As one of the McFlannels' family was wont to say.."He's a wee boogie-woogie bachle". D/U are now singing his song...."Willo no come back again?".... :wink:

Willo Flood is bang average. Most United fans didn't seem to be bothered he was leaving. Aberdeen are odd though. Getting rid of the likes of Hughes and Rae (average "name" players) but then go and get Robson and Flood in. Strange.

Willo Flood is bang average. Most United fans didn't seem to be bothered he was leaving. Aberdeen are odd though. Getting rid of the likes of Hughes and Rae (average "name" players) but then go and get Robson and Flood in. Strange.

He's a lot better than bang average.  Flood has won a player of the year award with Utd and if the fans are now saying they are not bothered then that just reflects the typical reaction to fans when good players leave.  Of course they are bothered.  Flood played very well against us and it could be that had he not been in the Utd side for our last home game, the result would have been different and we would be looking forward to Europe with OTJ still in the squad.

As for OTJ, I am sorry to see him go.  He was more effective than many gave him credit for.  He certainly looked as though the work rate was not as good as some but he read the game well and generally his distribution was good.  I did, however always feel he should have delivered more in an attacking sense, particularly with his poweful shot which seemed to come from very little backlift and which therefore could catch keepers off guard.  He's a bit like Shane - seemed to promise a good bit more than he delivered.  We just have to hope that neither delivers on the promise at our expense.

• Agree 1

He's a lot better than bang average.  Flood has won a player of the year award with Utd and if the fans are now saying they are not bothered then that just reflects the typical reaction to fans when good players leave.  Of course they are bothered.  Flood played very well against us and it could be that had he not been in the Utd side for our last home game, the result would have been different and we would be looking forward to Europe with OTJ still in the squad.

I think he's bang average. Really don't think much of him as a player. And I don't think that OTJ would have stayed if we had gotten in to Europe actually. I think he would still have gone for this "new challenge" with Hibs regardless.

Sheez, do people honestly believe OTJ is moving from a settled top six side to an out-the-first-round-and-rebuild Hibs side for the challenge?  Money.  'Nuff said!  There's the same challenge at ICT (although the biggest challenge is staying fit enough to justify his contract - not sure he'll manage that).

Flood?  Good player.  Not a great player but would get in every team bar Celtic.

• Agree 1

He feared going stale at ICT.

He won't have to worry about that at Hibs, he will be run ragged due to their ineffective defence collapsing after 10 minutes into each match.

It will certainly be "challenging"!

Sheez, do people honestly believe OTJ is moving from a settled top six side to an out-the-first-round-and-rebuild Hibs side for the challenge?  Money.  'Nuff said! 

Pretty much spot on. Obviously OTJ isn't going to come out and say this in the press but his half baked story is somewhat hard to swallow.

He moved for money - fair enough, he's got a family to provide for, a shame really as I would have liked him to stay but I think getting Doran on a 3 year contract may prove to be a more astute move.

As for Hibs, in my opinion without Griffiths they are truly going to struggle next season and I doubt Fat Penlon will be there by Christmas.  Think where they would've been without his goals this season.  It can't harm Hibs having OTJ with them but he's not going to fix all their problems.  And if he gets another injury...

(BTW) I sincerely hope he does not get injured, just has a howler every time we play them and scores a hat trick when he plays the tinks.

Onwards and upwards...

• 4 weeks later...

You'd think by reading one of the Hibs fans forums that he was the new Bobby Moore! Comments like 'wins every header', 'a huge presence' and ' looks really good' just goes to show how fickle we fans are and how we give all our players the benefit of the doubt initially!