SPL Transfers

I was just looking through the BBC's SPL page and looking at all the transfer news and I thought of starting a page here to chat about what players will come and go from the SPL. To start us off, I see a lot of new signings at Aberdeen, a lot of goings from DU and a lot more players to arrive in Scotland. Any thoughts?

Oh My! there's a big article  on Pat Stanton, formerly of Hibs and Celtic, by clicking on the link just above here.

What a player --effortless seemed to be his middle name. I can hardly remember ever seeing him dispossessed.

He wasn't  a fast player, not a speed merchant;   but his gliding, elegant  stride and his great passing was noted by many over the years.  And made him stand out. It's the likes of players of his caliber that injects confidence into a team.

Oh My! there's a big article  on Pat Stanton, formerly of Hibs and Celtic, by clicking on the link just above here.

What a player --effortless seemed to be his middle name. I can hardly remember ever seeing him dispossessed.

He wasn't  a fast player, not a speed merchant;   but his gliding, elegant  stride and his great passing was noted by many over the years.  And made him stand out. It's the likes of players of his caliber that injects confidence into a team.

In the words of Mrs Brown, that's nice ;)

Barry Robson signs for Aberdeen , got the makings of a decent midfield there for next season .

Yup, they have a few new ones such as Flood and I just heard that DU have bid for David Goodwillie! Hmmm interesting transfers going on

It's a loan bid

Ojaama and Russel both leave the SPL. Two good young players, was only a matter of time for Russel though. Dundee United will need Goodwillie if they are to have anything close to their strikeforce of last season. Prince Buaben and Morgaro Gomis linked with Aberdeen and Hearts.

Barry Robson signs for Aberdeen , got the makings of a decent midfield there for next season .

Aberdeen fans thought the same when they signed Rae and Hughes.

Don't know how the law is exactly in the UK, but he might have a case for cancelling the contract due to deliberate fraud. In Germany, this would definitely be the case. This whole plan of signing him and selling him on is against some FIFA transfer rules, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Think we should offer contracts to Messi, Kompany and Lewandowski, claim we have signed them then make an out of court settlement with Barca, City and Dortmund, imagine the compensation we'd get from them  :tongueincheek: .

Fair play to Saint Johnstone, they must be the only team in history to make money from another club for not signing their player. 

OTB's Hainault on trial at Aalen (2nd German Bundesliga). More interestingly, Thomas Piermayr was released by Wiener Neustadt, rumour says that he's heading to Lillestrom (Norway), but he could also end up at his home club Linz in the 3rd Austrian tier.

Edited by Rainbow