CJT Youth Group?

Joonya

I'd like to invite any youngsters of this forum (or even their parents or other forum goers) to give some suggestions as to what you would like CaleyJagsTogether to do for you to allow you to be more involved with the club and meet more people in your age group.

So far, Fraz and Myself are only seeking ideas at this stage, although we are already looking into possible activities that could commence before the start of the new season. Ideas such as a regular 5-a-side kick about or computer game tournements (FIFA, Guitar Hero etc) are ideas we have ourselves.

The club already has the Hot Shots activity for the wee kiddies, yet there's not much for teenagers and young adults.

The more ideas we have, the more activities we can plan.

• Agree 1

I believe the likes of Millburn Academy astroturf, Charleston academy and of course Bught Park are places we would consider for a 5-a-side event.
It may be possible to use the Sports Bar at the stadium for the computer games events, although we appreciate that something closer to the centre of town may be prefered. Perhaps the social club as has been mentioned.

The idea is to make gatherings of youths a regular as possible affair. get them doing things and meeting new people. It's also a chance to get these youths involved in the club some way or at least feel like they are as big a part of CJT and the club as any adult.

Should we not just make this into some sort if activities days? I think having a FIFA tournament and then a kick about would be ideal for my age group. I was just thinking why don't the different age groups sit together on the supporters bus once we possibly have these activities that may help us know each other more? I think if we all know each other then we will be able to speak more and sit together at matches. Just an idea but I love the thought of this.

• Agree 1

HeScoresWhenHeWants - If you know of other lads or lassies that you think may be interested in different activities, feel free to ask them their opinions and ideas and relay them back to me.

Also, feedback from anyone in the upper teenage range through to early 20's can contribute ideas.
Maybe you like paintball or things like that?
As a Highland Marcher I enjoy heading out for walks and I will probably look at doing something around Culloden Forest or even just along the canal and get some sort of barbecue organised for warmer days in summer.

HeScoresWhenHeWants - If you know of other lads or lassies that you think may be interested in different activities, feel free to ask them their opinions and ideas and relay them back to me.

Also, feedback from anyone in the upper teenage range through to early 20's can contribute ideas.

Maybe you like paintball or things like that?

As a Highland Marcher I enjoy heading out for walks and I will probably look at doing something around Culloden Forest or even just along the canal and get some sort of barbecue organised for warmer days in summer.

Yeah, I have asked a few of my friends if they would be interested and they said they would be. I haven't heard of any other suggestions from them though and I don't have any more either. The paintballing may be really fun though, I think most of us would enjoy that. The idea about the BBQ is too a very good idea, and yup along the canal might be good. I am liking the sound of these ideas, should be fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

No news yet on any dates for activities for the new Youth Group we are looking at, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have something organized for a kick about.

In the meantime, if there are any lads (or lassies) keen for an hour-long kick about on a Thursday evening, then why not pop along to Millburn Academy where Davie and John hire out the all-weather pitch.
Numbers have dwindled in recent weeks as some of the regulars now play in the Inverness Welfare League, meaning we could do with a few more faces.
It's £2 per person and paid on arrival.

(Not too sure if Davie has age restrictions mind. I shall ask him to clarify)

Edited by Gringo_Jnr
  • Agree 1

No news yet on any dates for activities for the new Youth Group we are looking at, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have something organized for a kick about.

In the meantime, if there are any lads (or lassies) keen for an hour-long kick about on a Thursday evening, then why not pop along to Millburn Academy where Davie and John hire out the all-weather pitch.

Numbers have dwindled in recent weeks as some of the regulars now play in the Inverness Welfare League, meaning we could do with a few more faces.

It's £2 per person and paid on arrival.

(Not too sure if Davie has age restrictions mind. I shall ask him to clarify)

Will they mind an old duffer turning up matey?

Seemingly some young ladies have asked about a girls 5-a-side also.

The CJT Youth Group is for all youths, not just boys. So if any girls want to join in on any of the activities that are eventually organized, then feel free to tag along. (Granted if there are events not permitted for certain ages, as an example if there is a games night where the games are age restricted, then we'll let people know in advance)

So far nothing has been set in stone. As was mentioned before, it's merely an idea-gathering session at the moment.
There is a CJT Board Meeting at the start of next month, whereby we'll be discussing all the options around getting these activities off the ground.

One thing we need to remember is the Health and Safety and security aspects of organizing these things, as well as the costs involved and also making sure we have a decent number of personel able to oversee the events as they happen.

Any more news on this?

Seemingly some young ladies have asked about a girls 5-a-side also.

The CJT Youth Group is for all youths, not just boys. So if any girls want to join in on any of the activities that are eventually organized, then feel free to tag along. (Granted if there are events not permitted for certain ages, as an example if there is a games night where the games are age restricted, then we'll let people know in advance)

So far nothing has been set in stone. As was mentioned before, it's merely an idea-gathering session at the moment.

There is a CJT Board Meeting at the start of next month, whereby we'll be discussing all the options around getting these activities off the ground.

One thing we need to remember is the Health and Safety and security aspects of organizing these things, as well as the costs involved and also making sure we have a decent number of personel able to oversee the events as they happen.

:wink:

Last night saw the Monthly meeting of the CJT Board members, to which there was a discussion regarding a Youth Group set up and the activities we'd like to be able to put on...

The general idea, as has been mentioned before, is to get teenagers and Young adults together and more involved with the club.

Because CJT is operated by volenteers and already subsidize funding towards Supporters Buses, the Street League and other projects throughout the year, there was a discussion as to costing, when best to host activities as well as who would organise them, who would run them and how many people would be needed etc to make it all viable. Venues and activities were also talked about.

Overall, it seems that a Sunday afternoon (2pm-4pm ish) would be the best time to host such activity days. This is because most of us work during the week, have prior commitments in evenings, and the obvious matchday's occur on a Saturday.

Depending on the activities that get arranged would depend on how much we ask people to contribute to attend.

There will be no activities organised for July, but I personally hope to have a few activities organized and penciled into my diary for the month of August, and posibly into September.
Depending on how successful, or unsuccessful, these activities prove to be depends on how regularly or irregularly we put activities together.

What we'd like though is more ideas for activities. So far, going by feedback, we seem to only have interest in 5-a-side matches and computer games sessions.
What else would people like to see?

• 4 weeks later...

We've gone in to a wee 'stall' at the moment, as other circumstances outwith CJT have taken up valuable time. (eg I've recently started a new job and am adjusting to my hours changes and jugging about other commitments)

One thing we have been looking at closely is buying games consoles and games of which we will be able to use for computer games gatherings.
In terms of fixing dates and venues, there's nothing yet set in stone.

To be fair, the school holidays haven't helped, as days are taken up with the family.

• Agree 2