Ben Greenhalgh - Football's Next Star

Ayeseetee

I saw an interview with him from one of his previous clubs, where he mentioned his own name.  IIRC he pronounced it "Green-Hal", where the Hal rhymes with Mall (as in the road in-front of the Queen's house).

Here it is (2.33 he says his own name) - 

• 10 months later...

So what has happened to Greenhalgh?  Someone on here said that he was going to be released after he came back on loan from Stenhousemuir, but their season finished a while ago and there's been nothing.  Also, his name wasn't in the list of released players in that article the other week along with Evans, Cooper, Pepper etc.

I do recollect talk when he signed that his deal included a clause where a second could be added somehow.  Has he left the building?

Still no concrete news on Greenhalgh?

I suppose we're like all football clubs when it comes to this sort of thing. Plenty 'fanfare' and triumphalism when a guy signs up....but an almost reluctant silence when they're later moved-on!

Reminiscent of newspapers with front-page headlines screaming out that (for example) George Michael and Alex Salmond enjoyed an illicit night of gay sex - then a few months later (after being taken to a libel court) they rescind the claim, realising that at the time, Alex was at a conference in Stirling while the singer was on stage in Philadelphia!

Not to worry, a grovelling two-line apology buried at the bottom of page 12 will do.

Come-on media team! There's no word on our pre-season games yet from the website - yet the likes of Clach and Deveronvale from the Highland League have our games listed on their sites!

Sorry to rant, I'm just a bit frustrated as I've spent the last few hours tediously 'transferring-across' and amending our club's wiki page for next season and have had lots of it 'rejected' by (admittedly correct) officious mods due to my lack of credible sources.

However, I managed to locate material and it's all in place now. Sadly, none of it was from the official ICT website, which is still a relatively poor information source, particularly for a top-flight club!

Thank goodness some of the people from earlier in this thread aren't scouts after some of the gushing praise over two minutes of footage!  One person's "lost for words", another claims he's "amazing"!  Holy moly!

• Agree 1

Still no concrete news on Greenhalgh?

I suppose we're like all football clubs when it comes to this sort of thing. Plenty 'fanfare' and triumphalism when a guy signs up....but an almost reluctant silence when they're later moved-on!

Reminiscent of newspapers with front-page headlines screaming out that (for example) George Michael and Alex Salmond enjoyed an illicit night of gay sex - then a few months later (after being taken to a libel court) they rescind the claim, realising that at the time, Alex was at a conference in Stirling while the singer was on stage in Philadelphia!

Not to worry, a grovelling two-line apology buried at the bottom of page 12 will do.

Come-on media team! There's no word on our pre-season games yet from the website - yet the likes of Clach and Deveronvale from the Highland League have our games listed on their sites!

Sorry to rant, I'm just a bit frustrated as I've spent the last few hours tediously 'transferring-across' and amending our club's wiki page for next season and have had lots of it 'rejected' by (admittedly correct) officious mods due to my lack of credible sources.

However, I managed to locate material and it's all in place now. Sadly, none of it was from the official ICT website, which is still a relatively poor information source, particularly for a top-flight club!

Why would the club make an announcement on a player leaving when they are still under contract?

Thank goodness some of the people from earlier in this thread aren't scouts after some of the gushing praise over two minutes of footage!  One person's "lost for words", another claims he's "amazing"!  Holy moly!

I dont think the name of the show he won helped.... going to reserve my judgement in the future ben got this huge thread yet marley watkins is miles better!

But like I said marley did not win a sky sports reality football comp or play under Mourinho at inter also the pics of him with ronaldo it was too much to live up to.

Edited by Ayeseetee

• 4 weeks later...

A reporter from the Press and Journal has tweeted saying Greenhalgh has been released.

Wish to point out that i said this months ago 

:notworthy:

I actually thought he had a bit of talent actually and maybe could've come good.  Hughes didn't seem to rate him much though.

Wonder if he'll disappear into the lower echelons on the English game now.

• Agree 1

I had a look in the Press and Journal today and it featured a report on the match between Aberdeen and Brechin.  I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like him in the photo playing for Brechin.  I looked at the squad list as well, but most of the Brechin team were trialists.  Maybe that's where he's off to.