Who is our new Goalie?

CELTIC1CALEY3

And what would you suggest happens to the current goalkeeping coach Laurence? Dont think our club could afford two of them.

Alex you are always having a pop at me again - Have you nothing better to do?

Find someone else to sound off against with your puerile views

You are not telling me Steve Harper is not better than anything we have in the goalkeeping dept. at the club or in the e SPl  for that matter other than Celtic who have a worldie in goal When players get to a certain age they are looking for a coaching role, a bit of experience will help him in his future development. I don't know if he has his badges.

Saying we can't afford Harper I agree, that is why I said get him to do some coaching, and I said " coaching"  not just goalkeeping, *we sure need a good coach, our set pieces are all over the place, our throw ins are rubbish",  I thought that could be an incentive. 

Go and have a pop at someone else for a change.

You talk to me like I'm dumb or something. I have been around a long time. I was a Senior Fire Service Officer for a very long time. I ran a whole Time Fire Station for years. I don't need preaching at. I know wages are a big thing in a football club, I wasn't born yesterday.

End of rant

Wasn't having a pop at all. Just asking a genuine question. This club already has the coaches it needs so, unless we get rid of the partnership we have, there's no way we can afford to slot in any others. As for your last paragraph......I may not have been around quite as long as you but I aint no spring chicken either. Oh! And my Emergency Response Team Leader Certificates are all still valid.

I doubt Harper would be keen, I'm sure he'll have a lot more lucrative and local offers. But Marsella appears to be on the road a lot, and so there could be a part-time position, but with the finances as they are, it seems unlikely. Don't have enough keepers to coach! esson could coach himself!

it is a slight worry, If Esson gets injured. * I like stating the obvious*

A female goal keeper would create financial problems for the SPL. The new governing body would need to apply a new rule that each club had to create a female changing room and showers. It might also create havoc with our Captain's mind!  

We could save some money though, she could wash and iron the kit in her spare time.

Has Robbie Thomson been released by Celtic?

Cant find any confirmation that his contract has expired or has been released. Would love to see him at the club and there have been rumours for a while that we have spoken to him.

Always a possibility that his contract will expire at the end of June and will then speak to clubs.

Going by what the press is saying today then Terry has identified and spoken a target and is awaiting word back however a signing is unlikely to be made prior to pre-season training starting on Thursday.

And what would you suggest happens to the current goalkeeping coach Laurence? Dont think our club could afford two of them.

Alex you are always having a pop at me again - Have you nothing better to do?

Find someone else to sound off against with your puerile views

You are not telling me Steve Harper is not better than anything we have in the goalkeeping dept. at the club or in the e SPl  for that matter other than Celtic who have a worldie in goal When players get to a certain age they are looking for a coaching role, a bit of experience will help him in his future development. I don't know if he has his badges.

Saying we can't afford Harper I agree, that is why I said get him to do some coaching, and I said " coaching"  not just goalkeeping, *we sure need a good coach, our set pieces are all over the place, our throw ins are rubbish",  I thought that could be an incentive. 

Go and have a pop at someone else for a change.

You talk to me like I'm dumb or something. I have been around a long time. I was a Senior Fire Service Officer for a very long time. I ran a whole Time Fire Station for years. I don't need preaching at. I know wages are a big thing in a football club, I wasn't born yesterday.

End of rant

Laurence I don't think Alex was having a personal go at you, he's not that type of of poster in my experience.  And there was certainly nothing puerile in his response.

However regarding your comments about Steve Harper I have to wonder if you've been on the sauce or are just on the wind up.

Firstly we do not need a full time 'keeping coach, our current situation seems to suit everyone at the club very well and the extra expense could not really be justified I feel.  Secondly Steve Harper is not up to much in my opinion.  Sure he played in the EPL but so did Peter Enckleman, Steve Simonsen and Massimo Taibi (sp?) that does not mean they are better than what we have.  Harper has played an average of around 10 or 11 games per year over the past decade or more and has hardly set the heather alight during these games.  But lastly Fraser Forster being world class - PLEASE!!!  He's not even the best keeper in the SPL.  Hell he's probably not even the best keeper at celtic.  He's certainly the poorest keeper to play for either of the twins of evil in a very long time.

fireman%20sam.jpg

Cant find any confirmation that his contract has expired or has been released. Would love to see him at the club and there have been rumours for a while that we have spoken to him.

Always a possibility that his contract will expire at the end of June and will then speak to clubs.

Going by what the press is saying today then Terry has identified and spoken a target and is awaiting word back however a signing is unlikely to be made prior to pre-season training starting on Thursday.

He has been released

Going by what the press is saying today then Terry has identified and spoken a target and is awaiting word back however a signing is unlikely to be made prior to pre-season training starting on Thursday. He has been released

And signed for Stenny again according to his Twitter

Going by what the press is saying today then Terry has identified and spoken a target and is awaiting word back however a signing is unlikely to be made prior to pre-season training starting on Thursday. He has been released

And signed for Stenny again according to his Twitter

I couldn't see anything on his twitter about signing with Stenny again?

one of his latest tweets about a day ago says "off on my travels" with a little football icon next to it

found something back on the 3rd of June responding to a question about his future with "got a few things on the go...Hopefully get sorted soon!"