Gregory Tade

Kingsmills

the non-existant Ivory Coast "caps".  

What/when/who?

When Tade first moved to Scotland it is claimed he bent the truth a little on his CV to suggest he had been capped for the Ivory Coast

Ah yes, the Daily Record quoted this interview from a French magazine:

“I had no money when I arrived in Scotland. My girlfriend and brother came over with me and they told me that if I wanted a good career I needed a CV that offered some guarantees, such as having been part of a professional set-up.

“So I tinkered with my CV, saying I had two caps for the Ivory Coast, and added a few lines about Nantes’ academy. This was done so recruiting clubs would take me more seriously – and it worked.

“It is a shame that I ended up taking this measure but I have no regrets. A bit of cheek always pays off."

Surely all that does is get him a trail somewhere, he still had to perform to get signed up and any team would have at least checked out his claims if they were unsure especially having International Caps?

You would think so! Although, to be fair, his claim wasn't so exaggerated as to make it unbelievable. Former Aberdeen dud, Eugene Dadi, has 1 cap for them! And Sol Bamba is a regular....

Thierry Gatheusi has a 1 cap for Cameroon! And Bert Vogts used to cap some real dross for Scotland!

I posted on a previous thread - Andre Martins - (who, incidentally, is onto his 3rd club since leaving us), about the classic Graeme Souness gaff in fielding a guy he'd signed without having seen. Souness inexplicably believed that Ali Dia was a great player, capable of being thrown into a Premiership game, on the basis that he was related to George Weah, former world player of the year.

In reality, Ali Dia was dreadful! Not even non-league standard. What I'll never understand is how he wasn't found out sooner! Did Souness not see him in training being unable to control a ball?

A DVD, showreal or word of mouth just isn't good enough. Thorough research, first hand viewing and experience in scouting is essential - that's why we're fortunate to have Steve Marsella at our club.

A DVD, showreal or word of mouth just isn't good enough. Thorough research, first hand viewing and experience in scouting is essential - that's why we're fortunate to have Steve Marsella at our club.

As good as Marsella is, going by reports in South America, the aforementioned Andre Martins is and continues to be a conman, sending videos of "himself" to clubs around the world.  The problem is the videos aren't of him!

As good as Marsella is, going by reports in South America, the aforementioned Andre Martins is and continues to be a conman, sending videos of "himself" to clubs around the world.  The problem is the videos aren't of him!

Good thing for him is that therenis another Andre Martins for Sporting Lisbon, not many Tades