Merged: Barry Wilson (QotS)

CaleyBoy97

Barry Wilson has been offered the Queen of the South manager's job, and given 24 hours to make up his mind, according to the BBC.

Will be a blow for Wick Academy if he goes, but it could be a good opportunity for him.

Barry Wilson has been offered the Queen of the South manager's job, and given 24 hours to make up his mind, according to the BBC.

Will be a blow for Wick Academy if he goes, but it could be a good opportunity for him.

He is not taking the job!

Seems like a decent opportunity for him.  I'd expect him to take it.  Rossco to take over at Wick???

See other post he is not going, Rossco signed 2 year deal as player coach at Brora.

That's a very bold move by QoS.  Just one year in management at Wick and then being offerred a chance to manage in what will be a pretty tough division.  Despite winning the 2nd division by miles, survival in the 1st division will be the key realistic target for them.  If Barry does take the job I hope that he is not judged on unrealistic expectations.

I'll have to speak to my Wick source, the one who gave me the Graham Bayne story, tomorrow. Mind you he did tell me this morning that Rossco's 2 year coaching contract was at ICT, so I can't trust everything he says.

I'll have to speak to my Wick source, the one who gave me the Graham Bayne story, tomorrow. Mind you he did tell me this morning that Rossco's 2 year coaching contract was at ICT, so I can't trust everything he says.

Think your Wick source has been spending to much time in E Camps Bar!

Think your Wick source has been spending to much time in E Camps Bar!

Possibly  :blink:

And the BBC story has been updated to say Barry has ruled himself out for family and business reasons.