Anybody got an attic full of old books

If anybody has some old books to sell contact me and I will give you a price, or my wife will to be more precise.

I don't want encyclopedia's  or modern fiction. If the authors name is bigger than the title.

phone 

01479 831086

Large collections no problem in fact preferred

sellbooks@aol.com

I once went to the Doctor because I felt something sticking out of my back.

He said, "My,My! Youv'e got a tick and I will have to give you an injection to prevent Lime disease."

I replied " But Doctor but I was not under any tree, only in the attic, and now I am under stress not trees "

" Och", he says, "that explains it, you had an attic of asthma and went to a cool , dry place. Where was the attic into which you entered?" 

"Just round the corner from Laurence's Southern Scottish abode" I replied.

"Did you go there by public transport or in your atticulated vehicle " he replies.

"Neither, just walked it so that my hair could be tick-led by the local zephyrs blowing in from the sea, don't  you know"

"Atta boy, I see you have the right spirit. The tick must have emanated from Laurence's dusty tomes then?  Well, you're all done and good luck with the Tick, Dick."

"Uh uh! Doc," I quipped. "I'm from Canada on holiday and I think, from your tone,  you meant dick-head.... eh?"

"Precisely, because you certainly have taken up a dick-ens of my time so your Boeing 747 leaves in 30 minutes...eh?

And now I'm going down to the Caley park to  get some sanity back into my life. Have a nice flight Canada Goose --or is it Donald Dick.?"

"Neither I retorted " I'm a little, lively, lesser loon, living a lonely life longing for love on a lovely large lake near Toronto, Ont. on a large estate owned by a fella named Scotty. Got some nice chicks there though.......... :canada:

• 2 weeks later...

I  recently found a football programme in a box of books I bought.

Scotland v Bulgaria it was a warm up friendly before the Scotland team's campaign in the FIFA world cup in the Argentine,

Dated February 22nd 1978  Hampden Park Glasgow

I don't really deal in football programmes so if anybody would like it I can leave it for them in the supporter's bar , or anywhere else for that matter before the St. Mirren game.  Free and gratis.

First come first served.

Laurence

Edited by Laurence

I ONCE FOUND AN OLD DOCUMENT RELATING TO A HOUSE PURCHASE TRANSACTION IN THE 1700'S.IN MY ATTIC IN MY HOUSE IN Edinburgh A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO.

I AM THINKING OF OFFERING IT TO THE SCOTTISH MUSEUIM OF ANTIQUITIES.

Anyone want to buy it though ?

I ONCE FOUND AN OLD DOCUMENT RELATING TO A HOUSE PURCHASE TRANSACTION IN THE 1700'S.IN MY ATTIC IN MY HOUSE IN Edinburgh A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO.

I AM THINKING OF OFFERING IT TO THE SCOTTISH MUSEUIM OF ANTIQUITIES.

Anyone want to buy it though ?

Hi Interesting

Why not get advice on this?

try this Link

http://www.freemansauction.com/content/show_dept.asp?dept=72&id=5

My sister moved into a house last year and went up into the attic only to find a fully kitted out cannabis farm. The neighbours did say that the previous occupiers had an awful lot of visitors.

She hasn't come down yet.

• Agree 3

If anybody has some old books to sell contact me and I will give you a price, or my wife will to be more precise.

I don't want encyclopedia's  or modern fiction. If the authors name is bigger than the title.

phone 

01479 831086

Large collections no problem in fact preferred

sellbooks@aol.com

Old Bibles???

• 2 weeks later...

To Alex MacLeod

At the moment I have some very  rare old bibles , I can't move on

When I was in my Sussex book shop I did have a couple of contacts and I managed to sell to sell them on

I appreciate your interest but I really am not at this time able to take any more. Next time I go down to Brighton I will try to locate my previous contacts; if successful I will come back to you. The bibles  people are interested in are ones with brass hinges and clamps, usually  early protestant, around the turn of the 17th 18th century, ( or earlier ). 

Very early common prayer books before Queen Victoria I can sell to the same source, but as I said, I have lost contact with the people I knew some time back.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy