Our Captain

DALNEIGHCALEY

Bonding sessions?. .Need a drunken outing twice a week?  Are you sure?  And are you kidding me?

Isn't excessive drinking a poor way to treat your body and keep in top condition?

I'm passing no judgements, I mean I was born in a different era, but I am  astonished; especially at a club with the good reputation of ICT ?

How about holding the old pals club meetings at alternate homes instead off  the possibility of in -public farces?

Oh well, I guess I am just an aging, puritanical Pimple , completely out of touch ....or just touched maybe..?

But guys, if the crowds are down already, what effect will something like this have on future attendances? Just asking? Just bl..dy asking? :ohmy:

I'm actually quite surprised football clubs are as liberal with alcohol as they are.  You'd think they'd be clamping down on it as after all it is one of the most harmful and destructive substances in society.  I know last season, Zdenek Zeman banned his Roma players from drinking coffee during pre-season and if it were cigarettes or other substances, I doubt we'd be so happy about it.

From what I understand, and I'm not naming any names here, the way some of the players go about drinking doesn't seem to be very healthy at all.  We aren't talking here about one or two glasses of wine on a Saturday night, we're talking about a full-blown can hardly walk and incomprehensible slurred words type of thing at weekends, and that's something that needs to be curtailed.

• Agree 1

Richard Foran is 33 years old and has a wife and child.  Why's he out in the Nedhole that is Miami?!  

You don't hear of Gary Warren getting involved in such shenanigans!

Nonetheless, such antics won't be good for team spirit and all that stuff.

I'm 33 with a wife and child and I'm in Miami every weekend showing the youth how its done...

post-4861-0-32442300-1374608517.jpg

• Agree 2

Can't comment on the incident but whats the problem with a 33 year old having a night out with his colleagues. I'm 56 and I do it. Saturday night was probably the last chance they'll all get for a good night out before the season start.

• Agree 4

Theres nothing wrong with some pre season partying but regular sessions during the full season would be a bit mad as it can surely only ever have a negative effect on your career, it is only a short one! Im not bothered at all that Richie was lifted(unless of course it was something pretty awful), these things do happen on nights out and i really cant see the dressing room being impacted in any way.

i really cant see the dressing room being impacted in any way.

Perhaps when the whole story comes to light, we'll be able to more effectively come to a conclusion over that issue.  Wouldn't surprise me if Foran comes out looking the better after this kerfuffle though.

Interesting that a lot of people seem to gloss over my dressing room comment and dismiss it out of hand.  Do they really just think they're all going to be all sad because Richie got arrested for some reason?  Come on.  I didn't just put it in there for fun.

Again mods, treading carefully!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1