New signings

Jamesd18800

So yeah another pre season comes to a close and the transfer window is close to closing... and we have made a lot off signings, Butcher has been busy for sure... but who are you all looking forward to seeing the most in the famous Caley thistle strip? I personally am intrigued to say what the fuss is about with this footballs next star Ben Greenhalgh who won a contract at Inter Milan during a reality tv show... but question is should he just be in big brother or will he sparkle the Spl under the watchful eye of Terry and Mo!

Edited by Jamesd18800

Me too, I think Ben Greenhalgh will be a good signing but I'm looking forward to seeing all of them as I watched a lot of pre season games and they all look good. The new striker we just signed is a Norweigen U21 international with strength, he is also 6 foot 1 so he should be really good support to Billy McKay upfront, maybe provide a few goals aswell. I like the look of Vincent and Williams,Vincent can hold the ball up really well in the middle of midfield and Williams can run at defenders with pace. This season will be a huge success (again) IMO and I really like the look of this team. Pace, strength, good aerial ability, stamina, goalscorers, good set piece takers and hopefully lots of goals! BRING. IT. ON.

• Agree 1

I would imagine that all of the new signings are keen to impress and given that there are a few of them it becomes an interesting dynamic in the race to stand out.

I would be surprised if Terry and Mo have not unearthed at least a couple of gems, but hopefully more!

Curtis Allen is who im most intrigued to see. His record was probably the most eyecatching of all the new boys and it will be fantastic to see him step up to this level.

Edited by AJS

This year I don't think there were any panic buys or second-choices, Terry has got who he wanted, when he wanted. I'm looking forward to seeing the Viking actually, I have a feeling he was rated very highly by Poyet and I think we will see a lot of him.

I don't think that Terry has been relying solely on his scout(s).

With his past record and contacts I feel certain that he has a few Managers calling him to suggest players. This is great for these clubs -- if these lads come on loan they get vital and valuable experience and no doubt these lads have also not overlooked the value to their careers of playing against some good SPL teams.

Further, ICT's stock is now rising through-out the land and playing for a successful team, or one showing all the signs of developing and improving , must be a lure for these and other managers.

Yes?  No?

• Agree 1

Not strictly focusing on the new players TBH, as I feel those here previously have more key roles -

For me, I'm interested to see how Doran can step up and if he can fill the Shinnie role or playmaker in the team, also want to see the status with Esson - hasn't played much pre-season and I felt last year he wasn't as strong as Toni when he was fit. Hopefully some of the young Scottish lads will make an impression, for me this is Nick's make or break year at the club and this level, same with Pepper.

With the new boys, its to see how they all step up, but I'd like to see one of the strikers perform and help Billy out with scoring, especially the Norweigan U21, hopefully fo a good pedigree. Also agree about Greenhalgh - having won a national TV 'talent' show in the past he's already 'known' so time for him to prove he's the real deal.

Edited by bdu98196

So yeah another pre season comes to a close and the transfer window is close to closing... and we have made a lot off signings, Butcher has been busy for sure... but who are you all looking forward to seeing the most in the famous Caley thistle strip? I personally am intrigued to say what the fuss is about with this footballs next star Ben Greenhalgh who won a contract at Inter Milan during a reality tv show... but question is should he just be in big brother or will he sparkle the Spl under the watchful eye of Terry and Mo!

Greenhalgh never won a contract with Inter. he won a place in their academy. There's a big difference.

Greenhalgh never won a contract with Inter. he won a place in their academy. There's a big difference.

The following sources seem to say different Alex, looks like it was a 6 month professional deal (playing mostly with the reserves) that he won rather than a place in their academy. That was followed by another 1 year contract of which he was loaned to Como

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2012/february/16/ben_greenhalgh.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football%27s_Next_Star

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4999628/Never-lose-passion.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/caley-swoop-player-who-works-1738676