Where do the ICT support originate from?

dougal

Ok I've stolen this thread or a similar one from Over the Bridge but it makes good reading and it would be interesting in my opinion to see where our core support resides

Quite surprised by the large number of County supporters that don't seem to have any ties to Ross-shire

1 Where were you born? My Answer Raigmore hospital Inverness

2.Where did you spend your childhood? My Answer Inverness

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? My Answer Late 70's/early eighties

4 What is you current location? My Answer Inverness although I did spend a number of years in Nottingham and the surrounding area

Could have made a poll like the County lot have done but think its better this way as it doesn't allow anonymous voting

Dougal

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? My Answer Late 70's/early eighties

Oh dear, I see where this will end up going............................

This could be an interesting topic to try understand the demographic of ICT fans and whether due to the nature of us being a relatively new club has resulted in a smaller pool of local fans as many have historical links to the OF (certainly the older generation) and understand whether the fans are made up of younger guys, or indeed new influxes into the area. Then use that data to draw conclusions on how to progress and help promote the club to take it forwards. Sadly the questions seem ambiguous and loaded.

Edited by bdu98196

1-Raigmore aswell 1987

2- Beauly for 3 years, Muir of Ord

3- 1992/93

4- Currently Edmonton, lived in Cyprus, Romania, London (upminster area), (Stanmore Area) and Epping Forest area. Occasionally still Muir of Ord

1 Where were you born? Raigmore 88

2.Where did you spend your childhood? Skye, Invergarry and Fort William.

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? When ICT were in the 3rd division, got free tickets from either the Fort Augustas soccer 7's or via the schools, i forget which. 

4 What is you current location? Fort William, moving to Inverness next week.

• Agree 1

1 - In a house in Culcabock. Seems a bit odd when Raigmore was just along the road, but it wasn't my decision.

2 - Inverness until age 11

3 - 1980, Caley 0-2 Hibs pre season friendly

4 - Perth, after spells in Kelso, Sheffield, Lille, Leeds, Strasbourg

1. Nairn

2. Nairn

3. Nairn County against Caley/ Clach/ Thistle late 60's with my Dad and Brother.

4. Nairn again after a long spell in West Yorkshire. Came back in '94 for CT first league season (well not for that but it was a happy coincidence).

Now the exotic part ;)

1. Bavaria

2. Bavaria

3. August 1997 during a holiday, I can't remember the result or  who the opponent was, but a big young defender was very impressive and got MotM. I think his initials were RT.

4. Just returned to Bavaria for a while but hope to make the switch to Ticino (Switzerland) permanent in October

1 Where were you born? Raigmore

2.Where did you spend your childhood? South Laggan

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? Caledonian in 1990

4 What is you current location? Fukuoka, Japan

Edited by Kirishima

I would love to know how your 'current location' is pronounced! I'm assuming It's a real place and you weren't simply annoyed at being asked where you currently reside?!

• Agree 1

Raigmore like

Charleston ghetto

Aged 7 and beyond

Charleston ghetto still...there is no escape

Edited by AJS

1. Aberdeen in 1973

2. Inverness from 1974

3. Thistle from about 1979, 1980 - can't remember what the first game was, as I just used to squeeze through a hole in a fence from Broadstone Park  :blush:

4. Glasgow since 1991

Must have been some helluva sized hole (and fence!) to squeeze through from Broadstone Park! That bit of road's Broadstone Avenue....pedantic? Me?!

I would love to know how your 'current location' is pronounced! I'm assuming It's a real place and you weren't simply annoyed at being asked where you currently reside?!

:)Fukuoka: Foo-koo-oh-ka. As an aside, the town/train station is Takeshita. (Ta-kesh-ta)

• Agree 1

1-Callander, (5 Cross street if you are wanting to put a plaque up,  ;-) )
2-Callander,  (The CPYT, Camp Place Young Team)
3-1994, No connection to Caley or Thistle. Living in Carrbridge and it was easier to get to than Stirling Albion.
4-Batley, Via  Dewsbury, Lincoln, Aviemore, Carrbridge