Mikey diamond

maimie

Can someone ensure there is plans for a minutes silence tomorrow for Mikey?

I contacted the stadium and was told there is no policy for a minutes silence for fans as there would be one 'every few weeks'

I was told the request was put to Kenny, but i'm sure there is someone here who would be better placed to ensure this is done.

• Agree 1

Very sad news.  I with with Mikey on the train to Elgin and he was all excited about London.  We were surprised not to see him at the game and this explains why.  He was confident that he had recovered from his illness earlier in the year and was getting on with it.  Get a wee chant for him boys.

• Agree 1

Can someone ensure there is plans for a minutes silence tomorrow for Mikey?

I contacted the stadium and was told there is no policy for a minutes silence for fans as there would be one 'every few weeks'

I was told the request was put to Kenny, but i'm sure there is someone here who would be better placed to ensure this is done.

I recall us having a minutes silence / applause in memory of John MacDonald, who passed away the previous week at Rugby park, before a match.

• Agree 1

Gutting news, he was ICT through and through and also just a lovely guy. Away days will never be the same without him. I think a minutes silence will be very appropriate for tomorrow, a reward for a man who barely missed a game home or away. 

• Agree 7

Got to echo the calls for a minute's silence. I'm not sure the club has any supporters that were more committed than Mikey. As Govan Jaggie says, we travelled back from Elgin with him a few weeks ago, and although he didn't look great, he was on good form. Shocked to hear this, and condolences to those closest to him.

• Agree 1

I understand the clubs response to the calls for a minutes silence. However feel mikey is one of the rare fans who perhaps can be meritted this honour.

Alternatively, us as fans can show our respect to mikey by chanting 'one mikey diamond' (as ive seen suggested elsewhere) as the teams enter the field of play. Perhaps also during or even after the game also.

Rest peacefully mikey. You shall be missed

• Agree 7

I understand the clubs response to the calls for a minutes silence. However feel mikey is one of the rare fans who perhaps can be meritted this honour.

Alternatively, us as fans can show our respect to mikey by chanting 'one mikey diamond' (as ive seen suggested elsewhere) as the teams enter the field of play. Perhaps also during or even after the game also.

Rest peacefully mikey. You shall be missed

Could not picture who he was until I looked at the facebook page linked above, but recognised him instantly from that. Let me echo everyone else's sentiments and also offer my own condolences to friends and family.

I can totally understand the response from the club so the idea of the fans showing respect to Mikey by way of a chant is probably a better idea and perhaps one that could be co-ordinated with the club so they can maybe do a tannoy announcement a few minutes before kick-off and ask everyone to join in? Too late to get it into the programme, but maybe a few flyers in the concourse that would let folk know what was going to happen could be arranged ..... Thinking about it, getting the crowd to roar for him, and that spurring ICT on to victory in the first game of the season would be a very fitting tribute ! 

• Agree 2

Gutted to hear the news about Mikey. A genuine, good guy who is one of the most dedicated that there's been in terms of following the club. Can understand the clubs stance, but Mike was one of the few people I think would merit this gesture. If a minutes silence/applause isn't put in place for before kick off then another idea could be if anyone knows what age he was, could do a minutes applause and have a chant for him during that minute of the game tomorrow?

• Agree 1

Very sad news indeed. Mickey always had time for a chat and was one the first Caleyfans I encountered   He was Caley and always will be Caley. he will be safely missed. 

Let's all sign " One Mickey Diamond" tomorrow. 

RIP Mickey. 

• Agree 1