super caley flag

InvernessCT19

The flag was originally owned by Doresboy (first pic below), not sure if it is still him who has it as I seem to recall him offering it up for someone to take to away games a few years later ..... I actually took that picture on 19th October 2002 at Recreation Park in Alloa !!!

PS - no thistle mentioned ....... (as seen in second pic with Mantis/Naelifts)

There's a few crackers from that day .... Govan Jaggie, Bronson and CaleyD all looking a lot younger, Uncle Albert looking the same age, and even Wanderer and the elusive Donview !!! Those were the days :cheer01:  

post-2-0-77573300-1375452995_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-00821700-1375453015_thumb.jpg

• Agree 1

The flag was originally owned by Doresboy (first pic below), not sure if it is still him who has it as I seem to recall him offering it up for someone to take to away games a few years later ..... I actually took that picture on 19th October 2002 at Recreation Park in Alloa !!!

PS - no thistle mentioned ....... (as seen in second pic with Mantis/Naelifts)

There's a few crackers from that day .... Govan Jaggie, Bronson and CaleyD all looking a lot younger, Uncle Albert looking the same age, and even Wanderer and the elusive Donview !!! Those were the days :cheer01:  

attachicon.gifDSCF2305.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF2311.JPG

I would quite happily take it to some away games this season. is the guy who owns it on here?

I think Bronson still has this flag and has unfurled it at many games.  The last time was at the semi final last season

when he was not allowed to take it into the Hibs ground,  We had one right set to with the stewards ans the police

were eventually called in.  In the end we lost the argument in  that the flag was not marked as being "Fire Retardant"

or whatever and was considered a health and safety risk,  So it has not been displayed since.

I recall Mikey Diamond being refused entry into St Johnstone two seasons ago, because the Steward said his flag wasn't marked fire retardant.   Mikey went round to the ticket office, complained (I don't think they understood a word he said) and the outcome was that he was allowed in, with his flag.    Hurray for Mikey - wouldn't let any steward stop him and his flag.

• Agree 6

The whole not marked "fire retardant" argument is quite laughable.  Where's the risk of ignition coming from in this day and age when smoking is banned from stadia?  How many people own clothing, hats & scarves that are worn to football that are marked "fire retardant"?

The next time anyone is challenged on taking a flag into a ground on the basis of it not being marked "fire retardant", start stripping off yer clothes and showing them the labels.....see how far you get before the point sinks in!

• Agree 2

If anybody wants my flag then it can go to a worthy cause - I am too feckin old - or perhaps stay in the bar too long to be bothered with it - it is deffo fire retardant as I have set it on fire an weed on it and it goes out.

Remembering to take it is always a start!