Dundee Utd -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Listening to the BBC commentary, I feel that was a game that would have been a draw last season.Great result, and even the BBC are taking notice of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23646096

<quote>

1655:

What about Inverness CT then? Two games, two wins and sitting top of the new Scottish Premiership table. Not too shabby...

</quote>

Great win! Can anyone remember the last time we won our first two games?

Just checked on Soccerbase....never in Premier(ship)

Div2 days in 1998:

0-1 away to Partick

2-1 home to Livvy

Actually that was a stunning start...6 wins and a draw in first 7 games...would I be tempting fate if...

Great result today. Well done Terry & Co.

• Agree 3

ICT were EXCELLENT today, all over the pitch. Totally controlled the game, and I'd give MotM to Draper who played a big part in that. I lost count of the number of tackles he made. Very impressed with Vincent too.

The only possible criticism would be that we weren't clinical enough in and around the box and should have sealed the win earlier. And I suppose it should be mentioned that Brill gave us a couple of scary moments when trying to dribble the ball round attackers rather than take the safety first approach.

Utd on the other hand were rubbish. Disjointed, lethargic and just didn't have our fluidity or clear gameplan. Having said that, they should have snatched an undeserved equaliser when Goodwilie  somehow put it wide with the goal gaping. But then Shinnie also seemed to miss a sitter after Billy surprised everyone by squaring it when through on goal.

Great performance and great travelling support too.  :cheer01:

• Agree 1

Terry sounded really animated  in his interview. Says Richie's "bad" tackle was not deliberate.

He also said his goal for the end of the season was to "still be here."

Should we read anything into that other than a spur -of- the- moment response, I wonder?

Certainly, if this form continues for any length of time, there will be a few clubs from down south which will again be eyeing him up with serious intent.

This season has started very well and could become very interesting indeed.

Fully vindicates his hard pre-season training sessions , it seems. :clapoverhead:

More importantly... was the stewarding an improvement?

No problems with the stewards at all. They left us to it. Standing, singing, jumping around were all permitted. Big thumbs up.

• Agree 4

Superb display, however should have been all over by HT. Mr McLean was his usual petty, baffling self and seemed determined to ruin the game.

Hey ho, still sitting pretty top of the pile and will take a bit of shifting if our first two performances are anything to go by :-)

Great performance today. All over the pitch.  No real weaknesses and totally committed.

We simply bullied United . Better in every department.

Also good stewards no bother what so ever from any of them. One even stopped me when I was going in on my own and handed me a spare complimentary ticket somone had given him.  Braw !

And Terry at the end .........superb.

BRAW DAY !

• Agree 1

Today was a major test and we deliver another 3 points and a clean sheet at a ground where we have limited success usually, to hear that we bullied a team containing the likes of Goodwillie, Rankin and Mackay-Steven is very promising and the rare good start can only add to the confidence in the team, nice to hear the supporters were given the chance to actually support today too. 

Excellent display today. No failures in our team and the passing at times was great to watch. I am really looking forward to this season.

The stewarding today was by human being's with common sense, and not the normal Tannadice zombies!!!!

Edited by finmack
  • Agree 1

Amazing performance from ICT! I haven't seen them so comfortable like that for ages and I have to say everyone played well again. I thought Ross Draper was outstanding and so was Gary Warren when it came to battles with Goodwillie. We really deserved the 3 points again and tbh DU were pretty poor throughout the 90 mins. Sean Dillon espiecially kept giving us the ball back and today none of their players really turned up. I do have to thank Goodwillie though for his lack of finishing when it comes to 3 yard open goals;) Overall, great day out, saw Gary Warren get booed for "kicking the ball" at a baby seagull that was blocking play and another great result to keep us top! Even better, County have no points and lost to flamin PT! Anyway, Bring on Motherwell and Iain Vigurs!:D

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants
  • Agree 1