Motherwell v ICT

ictrmd

Motherwell vs Inverness CT

Motherwell: G, Smith, Corrigan, Craigan, McLean, Hammell, Paterson, McCormack, O'Donnell, Foran, Hamilton, McDonald

Subs: Meldrum, Kerr, Leitch, Clarkson, McGarry, McBride, Kinniburgh

Inverness CT: Brown, Tokely, Dods, Munro, Golabek, Wilson, Duncan, Morgan, Keogh, Dargo, Bayne

Subs: Fraser, McCaffrey, McBain, Hart, Fox, McAllister, Sutherland

Referee: D McDonald (Scotland)

--------------Brown--------------

Tokely---Dods---Munro--Golabek

Wilson--Duncan-Keogh---Morgan

----------Dargo---Bayne---------

Nice to see that CC is finding out what he has for next season

Maybe Golly, Keogh & Bayne are being given the chance to prove they still have something to offer the squad for next year?????

RESULT YA HOO three points for us. Wish we could have been there. Sounds like the team have played very well for each other. We will wait for highlights and hopefully it wont be a blink and miss it moment on the TV. Reckon it could have been more than the one. :) :)

Russeldinho MOM IMO :D

Also thought Granty was rock solid. Hard working but not very inspired performance overall I thought. Poorer than usual travelling support, only 1 bus. 150 tops.

Thought the whole team was good, for once we got a few decisions go our way. But still thought that Morgan was poor, and we seemed afraid to shoot at goal, instead trying to run it in to the net.

McCallister was once again poor.

I thought we played quite well for short spells, kept the ball down and we did win but there is a lot of work to be done. There was no real contest. Motherwell never got in to the game. They played like they have given up on their season already. Cant really form an opinion on MacAllister yet. He had a chance on goal but seemed to bottle it and make the wrong decision. For the rest they were reasonable but not outstanding. Golly, Dods, Rossco and Barry had fairly solid games. Morgan made some good moves at times but cancelled them out with some poor passing. Bayne wasn't too bad at times. Dargo was Dargo but not much ball coming to him. At the end of the day we got the three points but we didn't really have to fight for them. Broonie had, I think, two saves to make. Motherwell put no pressure on us but at the same time we never took advantage of their poor play.

Cool, If we win all our games 1-0 then we will be SPL champs.

Well done to the team and Charlie. Radio had us having three good chances in first half, never heard the second, but three points and another away win will do for me. :thumbup:

was at the game today and would agree with some of the previous posts - we seemed to be afraid to hit a decent strike on goal. I can remember a few opportunities where all you wanted to happen was for the player in posession to just belt it.... they ended up passing it wide which allowed Motherwell to regroup.

Did anyone else find it bizarre that the amateur stewards at Motherwell allowed home fans to sit in amongst us?!? There was never going to be any trouble obviously but I can't think of it ever having happened before. Also, what about those daft wee backless seats that they subjected us to?

I'll put a more in depth report up later but as I'm getting set to go back to Aberdeen the day ( :( ) I'll need to be quick just now. Thought we were solid at the back and coped well with MacDonald et al. Going forward we created a fair few chances but it was just a shame we couldn't take more of them. Munro, Wilson, Keogh, Dargoals and even Duncan all had good chances. We could have been 3 up by half time.

Wells sending off was merited. He should have been sent off initially I felt for what appeared to be a kick at Duncan on the floor and then shoving him in the face but MacDonald was his usual incompetent self. We did get a fair few favourable decisions our way as well I must admit.

Poor away support - as already mentioned in the regio of 150 - 200 absolute max. Saw Mantis though and he messed up my hair! :evil: :wink:

Quality moment invloving Ian Black and a couple of young ICT fans at half time. One lad went up and got his shirt signed by Black and Proctor, who was with him, offered to sign it as well. The wee guy was well excited and says 'Aye go one then!'. I think then his brother wanted the same thing done so he goes up to Blackie and asks him to sign it was well. Before Proctor even gets a chance to sign it he is away and says he doesn't want DP to sign his top - he only wants Blackie! :lol:

One of them even asked Black if he was going to United and he said no :D And no I didn't ask him to do it for me! :wink:

Bayne, Keogh and Golly all came in for Wyness, Black and Hastings respectively. Standard 4 - 4 - 2 formation. Brown in goals, back four of Golly, Dods, Munro, Tokley, midfield four of Morgan, Duncan, Keogh and Barry 'Frosty Tips' Wilson with Bayne and Dargoals paired up front.

Well were first to threaten when a clever through ball released O'Donnel who forced Brown into a good save. His parents nearby were suitably impressed with Scotland’s number 1, 2, 3, 4 (delete where applicable). Bayne was getting stuck into the Motherwell back line with Craigan in particular struggling to cope with Super Bayne. All too often fouls were given against the Inverness hitman when in fact it just seemed like a good old struggle for the ball. Bayne soon found himself to be a target for the Home support who booed most of his touches incensed that a yellow card was not shown to Bayne. The best of his challenges came when he collided with the Well keeper Smith who had come to clear a ball and the two flew hard into the challenge. A ticking off was all that it merited.

Alan Morgan then showed that he might be the best crosser we have since the days of Robson when he sent in a couple of delicious balls to test the Well defence. On was so tricky that Smith came but the defence was taking no risk and the ball was cleared right in front of the keeper. The ball only feel to Morgan again who sent in another tasty ball but no one came in at the back post to take advantage of the static back line.

Liam Keogh then nearly cost us dear. A tangle with MacDonald should have resulted in a free kick to Inverness but as he grew frustrated Keogh tugged MacDonald’s jersey to send him crashing to the turf. Hammel stepped up but sent the ball high over Browns bar much to the relief of Keogh. ICT made the break through soon after with a long ball from Golly, which I thought was intended for Bayne, was missed by both the ICT striker and his marker but it ran onto Dargo who coolly drew Smith from the goal before dinking to his right and sweeping the ball home in a manner that Henry would have been proud of. The Away support erupted as Dargoals celebrated his 18th goal of the season in front of them.

ICT soon had a chance to extend the lead when another break from defence cut Motherwell wide open. Duncan led the charge from midfield feeding Wilson on the right who cut infield before testing Smith with a powerful shot. The rebound fell to Duncan who got good contact on the ball but it didn't trouble Smith. The Home support was already getting restless demanding more from their team. A right old stramash took place in the ICT box as they struggled to clear a corner. The ball eventually being blasted over from close range.

A corner on the left for ICT again saw a chance go begging. Munro rose highest to power a header in but the ball went just over the top of Smiths goal. A really good chance to extend the lead. Dargo had another chance as well as he was released through the middle but saw his chip fail to gain enough height to beat the keeper.

Into the 2nd half and Wells hopes were hit when Fitzpatrick was sent off for two fouls in the space of 2 minutes. With Duncan breaking on the far side Fitzpatrick got involved in a challenge with Duncan while he was on the ground, appearing to kick the ICT man as he lay on the pitch. Duncan wasn't happy and leapt to his feet to tell him exactly what he thought of the challenge. Fitzpatrick then shoved Duncan in the face and MacDonald arrived on the scene to produce a yellow bottling the deserved red that he should have gotten. In the end it didn't matter. About 1 minute later Fitzpatrick arrived late on Wilson (the papers said Tokley I thought it was 'Frosted Tips') and sent him sprawling. He knew even before MacDonald arrived what he had done and he was walking.

As sometimes happens being reduced to ten men galvanised Motherwell and they started to play some nice football. Especially with the introduction of Kerr into the midfield. However ICT seemed to still create the best chances with Wilson driving to the edge of the area and deciding to pass instead of shot on his weaker left foot. The move died there. Keogh too passed up a chance to shot opting to pass the ball again as ICT pressed for a killer second. At the other end MacDonald was getting involved in all sorts with the ICT defence appearing to dive on no fewer than 3 occasions but MacDonald never booked him on any occasion. Morgan at times seemed to go to ground quite easily and was treated to a chorus of boos and whistles as he left the pitch to be replaced by McBain. Hart came on for the tiring Wilson and MacAllister came on for Bayne who had worked hard up front all day. This signalled a more defensive stance from ICT appearing to change between a 5 - 4 - 1 with McBain covering the left back slot and changing to a 4 - 4 - 2 as we broke up field. MacAllister still looked nervy and got an earful from Tokley after a poor pass. He also had a chance to play in Dargoals to get a 2nd but opted to shot instead and his shot was smothered by a late Well challenge. Motherwell had one other late chance to salvage a draw but Mclean sent the ball wide from close range.

At the full time whistle MacDonald was on the receiving end of the Home fans frustrations and understandably so. Some decisions were baffling and we definitely benefited from some of them however the sending off was spot on and that really killed of Motherwell’s chances of getting anything from the game. For ICT though we need to be more clinical in front of goal. We could have been 3 - 0 up at halftime and game over but we had to battle more than perhaps Christie would have liked.

Bring on United!

"deciding to pass instead of shot on his weaker left foot. The move died there. Keogh too passed up a chance to shot opting to pass the "

yer oo button is only half working, good report though.