A pub on every corner!

Sneckboy

Terry Butcher formerly managed at Griffin Park - the home of Brentford FC. I'm just glad he prefers glasses of red wine in the hills above Loch Ness rather than the pints of bitter easily afforded nearby the London club....

Brentford's ground literally has a pub at each corner, something no other club can 'boast'!  :ohmy:  I'm glad I don't support them as I'd never make it to the game!

There's also advertising on TOP of its stands?!? Apparently, it's under the flightpath of Heathrow airport! (We need to get an ICT scarf around nessie's long neck!)

Here's a good 'clickable' link showing the location of the pubs relative to the stadium. I bet loads of punters drink in all 4 before and then after the game!

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/interactive/2013/mar/15/brentford-football-club-pub-each-corner-interactive

• 2 weeks later...

falkirk fc web page

Where To Drink? Being on the outskirts of Falkirk there is not much in the way of choice of places to drink. Neil Stewart informs me; 'The nearest pub is the Mill Inn on Thornhill Road, which is around a five minute walk way, going towards the town centre. There is also the Tam Bain in Mary Street, Laurieston, which is around 10 minutes north of the stadium'. Kevin Dunn adds; 'There is a bar called Pennies at the old ice rink, just off the Grangemouth Road. Go up Grangemouth Rd towards the town centre and you will pass the college and the old ice rink (which is now an indoor football centre) on the left hand side. The pub is just down the right hand side of the old ice rink, near to the Saturday market'.

falkirk fc web page

Where To Drink? Being on the outskirts of Falkirk there is not much in the way of choice of places to drink. Neil Stewart informs me; 'The nearest pub is the Mill Inn on Thornhill Road, which is around a five minute walk way, going towards the town centre. There is also the Tam Bain in Mary Street, Laurieston, which is around 10 minutes north of the stadium'. Kevin Dunn adds; 'There is a bar called Pennies at the old ice rink, just off the Grangemouth Road. Go up Grangemouth Rd towards the town centre and you will pass the college and the old ice rink (which is now an indoor football centre) on the left hand side. The pub is just down the right hand side of the old ice rink, near to the Saturday market'.

Isn't that from Football Grounds Guide?