Helping out Hearts

Fraz

Noticed on P&B that we are apparently donating £5 for every Jambo over the average 650 attendance to their fighting fund. Personally if it gets more through the gate and is a net gain for us all the better. Plus the Sevconians will be seething.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130823/ict-to-donate-cash-to-hearts_2241384_3434859

All ok with me, aslong as they donate all 3 points back to us as a good will gesture.

Should probably put out the olive branch to The Rangers / Sevco FC, and say the same for when they return to the top league, ensuring they get their old allocation of tickets!!!!!!

Any away team that fills the away end should get a free pie each

Fed up with seeing empty away end.

Hearts usually bring a few. Last week we had last years runners up and they looked like they came in a mini bus.

Lets hope County stay up, worth a few bob, and a bit of fun.

Oh so we are going to help the team that cheated us by bringing in Ngoo and Wilson just before the semi-final. Och lets give them funds so they can start over-spending and cheating again. Maybe the money could go towards paying Danny wilson's signing on fee.

I would give them absolutely zilch AND i hope they go down.

Wish the club would GET A GRIP and start smelling the coffee. We owe the cheating Jambos nothing!!!!

You really are clueless, this news spreads to Hearts fans who now decide to make the trip next week, it's an extra £15 in our pocket that we wouldn't get by putting out this gesture.

• Agree 1

You really are clueless, this news spreads to Hearts fans who now decide to make the trip next week, it's an extra £15 in our pocket that we wouldn't get by putting out this gesture.

No you are clueless. Do you really think some Jambos are sitting down to base their thinking on spending £80+ on a trip to Inverness based on their club getting a rebate of £5 per head for every Hearts fan over a crowd of 650? DAH don't think so!

If you are that bothered I will settle the delta myself but put it in our own coffers. Get real!

You obviously have not got a degree in economics! (or a PHD in Reality). Have a think about it before calling someone clueless.

Edited by draganict

They dont deserve any sympathy at all. Gloating and boasting for the last 10 years due to them buying cups and european places. Its the hearts fans that thought they got there by pure talent. It was bought talent. They deserve punishment. In my eyes, you are just as clueless as most Hearts fans

They dont deserve any sympathy at all. Gloating and boasting for the last 10 years due to them buying cups and european places. Its the hearts fans that thought they got there by pure talent. It was bought talent. They deserve punishment. In my eyes, you are just as clueless as most Hearts fans

Well said Rival. You made the point exceptionally well.

Hope we pump Hearts on Saturday. The thought that they might get away with years of financial doping by not being relegated this year is pretty hard to stomach. They deserve at least a year in the lower leagues. 

As for the donation - lets not make any mistake here; the chairman is only doing it because it benefits us, he doesn't give a toss about Hearts.

whats wrong with some of you people? ICT & Hearts have always had a good relationship. Hearts have always been appreciative of ICT's efforts when commemorating the Hearts players who died in the wars and this is another gesture of that goodwill. 

If it fills the away end then whats the problem! More money in the ICT coffers for food & drink etc; more money in the pubs tills around the city, more hotel rooms booked etc etc

This is why i hate football! All this negative BS.

• Agree 4

All teams lost people in the war. The Highlands lost many of of their loved ones during both wars. What the f@ck has the war got to do with Hearts cheating? 

Hearts have been found out and cheated us out of a League Cup Final place through financial cheating. If you hate football why are you reading a football thread!!!!

• Agree 1

I'm no expert but Hearts were punished for entering admin by way of points deduction. It's a savvy move to 'support' hearts this way there is literally no cost to us or Hearts. If their fans appreciate the gesture (and going by P&B they do) they bring along more we make more money for our club and they get a few extra quid, win-win as far as I can see. For talking sake if they fill the away end at around 2.2k (unlikely I know) they make around £8k, we make around £23k. Not bad for all involved.

It's a sound business decision imo we need all the cash we can get, what have we got to lose?

Edit- Spelling

Edited by fraz
  • Agree 2

Are people still seething over the League Cup semi-final? And I think its perfectly logical to love my club but hate football!

If you want to know why see Sevco, Gareth Bales transfer & the Special One's media-w*nk fest for details!

Edited by BornCaley
  • Agree 1

I hate the cheating too Dragan, but a lot of my ire is directed towards the SFA and the late SPL. In stark contrast to, say, glasgow amateur football meetings, where any infraction is swiftly dealt with and penalties harsh and unsympathetic, the SFA/SPL have allowed this to happen. They have been so obsessed with competing with the English Premier model that they allowed egomaniacs access to clubs (Di Stefano, Romanov, Murray, Whyte, Flynn, Massone, et al) and have done hee-haw then or since to protect supporters from these madmen.

Yes, hearts were cheats but ICT perhaps takes the line of being the bigger man, inspirederhaps by Terry?

• Agree 1

Good lord. Dragan, this is about looking to help an integral part of the football scene in Scotland (which Hearts are) who are currently in a dire state. It makes no comment about how they got there, what mismanagement or "cheating" took place. It certainly doesn't assist the Lithuanian paymasters who have caused the clubs woes. It could just as easily be Dunfermline etc, and I think its an admirably altruistic stance from Kenny Cameron and the Board.

It does us no harm whatsoever, and certainly won't dilute any desire I have to play them off the park on Saturday - that's where we repay them for the semi final.

• Agree 2

Hearts and Aberdeen have historically been our best "customers" in the SPL. They have to be the most vociferous and biggest travelling supports throughout as well. As some have already highlighted it is not their fault that they were put on the brink of extinction by a true psychopathic narcissist. If the shoe was on the other foot I am sure that the favour would be reciprocated. The only problem is that we would only take half the feckin support, at least, down the Gorgie Road that I expect them to take to Sneck. I expect the away end to be close to being full next Saturday because the Hearts faithful will appreciate the donation and will turn up in their feckin pyjamas in order to get the spondoolachs to save their beloved club. Not fer the first time this season I have nothing but admiration for our management - but their is also business thinking behind it cos e.g £20.00 a head on an ordinary Saturday and 600 travelling fans would rake us in £12K - lets say 1400 of them - minus the fiver a head - and we make £21K - and lets not forget the pies etc.

And as fer the semi final - we fecked that up on our own :sad: 

• Agree 1

Hi guys, just a visiting Hearts fan looking in but I wanted to post a reply to this post.

I think this is a brilliant gesture AND a good piece of business for ICT.  It looks like we will be taking a good travelling support wherever they go this season but there is a good chance the away crowd will be boosted if the home team do something like this.  There is nowt wrong with rival clubs taking advantage of us as we are more than willing to spend the money if even a wee bit come back to Hearts is some way.  St. Johnstone and Partick Thistle also offered money back for each away ticket sold and were rewarded with a bigger than average away support in each case.  

As mentioned, Hearts and ICT have always had a good relationship and I think we will bring 2K+ up next weekend.

Last but not least, the money refunded all goes to the 1874FF (fighting fund) NOT directly to HMFC.  It is being used to help with things like stadium repairs and other critical issues.  Here is a link to their website http://www.1874fightingfund.com/

Once again , thanks for a great gesture from a very well run club.

• Agree 8

Oh aye!!  Well done for a brilliant result at Parkhead yesterday, shame you could not hold out for all 3 points!!!

Thanks Heartsofgold. Can I just ask that as many people as possible purchase their tickets in advance to avoid huge queues on the turnstiles next weekend.  Also worth noting that the roundabout at the stadium has had traffic lights fitted, meaning long delays, so either get there early or take a route through the City Centre and round the shore road which shouldn't be as busy.  We have a sports bar at the stadium and of course our social club in Greig Street welcomes away buses as long as you book for either to ensure enough staff to accommodate the numbers.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Inverness, but I do hope that the 3 points stay in Inverness :-)

• Agree 2

Personally I wouldn't blame the Hearts faithful for the state of their club any more than I'd expect our fans to be blamed if the shoe was on the other foot. The 1874 are trying their best to save the club and bring it into an element of fan ownership. They are also trying to ensure that matches can still be played at Tynecastle. Our club, St Johnstone and St Mirren, I believe, have all put it to those fans that if they can muster a good travelling support their fighting fund will benefit. In the early years of our existance in SPL Hearts took a big following to Inverness. That has, in recent years, dwindled to an average 6 - 7 hundred. This gesture, if the Hearts forums are true, will see the away end full and our own bank balance increased by a considerable amount.

This gesture will boost the 1874 fighting fund. It will also improve the relationship we have with Hearts FC and the relationship between fans. For me its a win win situation.

It would be very easy to say that clubs should be allowed to go to the wall, and I respect the viewpoint of those who deem that to be the correct thing, but without clubs there wont be leagues. I believe it is our duty and right, as fans, to voice opinions and concerns and to make it known to those running clubs that buying success is not the way forward. When clubs are run wrongly and get into difficulty its the fans who suffer. Its the fans who lose out. We, as Inverness Caledonian Thistle Fans, can do a lot to promote how our club is being run and how we are achieving success without breaking the bank. If we can do it, if St Johnstone can do it, if St Mirren can do it then so can others.

• Agree 2