Helping out Hearts

Fraz

If the situations had been the same then yes. As it was there wasn't a fans group trying to save Rangers. Just a few business people trying to make a killing. Nobody attempted to prevent a Rangers liquidation. They just blindly followed all they were being told.

I would give the Jambos nothing. Nothing at all.

These teams must be run in a sustainable way and not:

1 Rely on hand-outs

2. Live beyond their means

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

(give Hearts a hand-out and they will buy or loan players. Teach them not to over-spend and they will have a happy future)

Edited by draganict

1 Rely on hand-outs

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

(give Hearts a hand-out and they will buy or loan players. Teach then not to over-spend and they will have a happy future)

We are not giving Hearts a handout though. We are encouraging their fans to come support their team and, in return, will give those fans some cash towards their fighting fund. Besides Hearts are on a signing embargo so unable to buy players.

1 Rely on hand-outs

(give Hearts a hand-out and they will buy or loan players. Teach them not to over-spend and they will have a happy future)

An understandable position but let me put this to you....would you rather we brought 700 paying £20 per fan to get in or 2000 paying £15 net to get in?  Not to mention the increase in stadium income and the extra spent at pubs/clubs/shops.

I'm not saying that we still would not bring 2000 even if ICT didn't offer the cashback but this helps foster good, healthy competitive relationships between fans.  We will probably not forget the teams that helped us out under very difficult circumstances.

• Agree 7

They've made a very decent start to the season and have really cut into their initial points deficit. They're already on 'just' -8 points and will likely get to the 'fresh start' of 0 (zero) points by 9 or 10 games in, at the most.... giving them plenty of time to catch up. I'm sure there are already a few nervous glances behind from St. Mirren and others (but not us :smile:) at this stage!

If it wasn't for the points penalty, Hearts would be equal 2nd. Next week's game will be tough, especially with the expected large travelling support behind the visitors.

Barring their games against us, I hope Hearts have a decent season, and avoid the drop. It is not the decent supporters' fault that mad Vlad has taken them to the brink.

I didn't hear many Jambos slagging off Vlad in Princess Street when they were parading the Scottish Cup that poor Vlad had bought them. They didn't give a sh*t how much the trophy had cost.

All Jambos knew that they were heading for disaster through buying success through crazy spending but by saying nothing they were condoning the madness. Similarly Rangers and Dunfermline did the same thing. £13m for Torre Andre Flo - £9k per week for an crocked Stevie Crawford.

Even when they knew they were in a desperate situation Jambo fans still condoned spending money to get 2 LIVERPOOL players in to get them through a League Cup Semi Final.

Anyone who looks for sympathy from me with regards to Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline, Livingston, Gretna and Killie can talk to the hand cos the face aint listening!!!!!!!! 

CALEY TILL i DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragan, your anger is not misplaced. Nobody would convince you of otherwise. But who is at fault, the supporters? I don't believe so. They were led by a maniac, had no say, and yes, blindly followed their team. Should they have protested and forced the issue? Yes, I think so. But they are in the infancy, caught up by the new fad of wreckless owners. Fans will become savvy and less naive, but only because of what has happened to Rangers, Hearts, etc. we should be raging against Doncaster and Topping and Regan, they are supposed to enforce the by-laws. They are the enemy, not a madman, for his very definition excludes that, and not the people who trusted someone in good faith. Hindsight is. 20/20.

Dragan, your anger is not misplaced. Nobody would convince you of otherwise. But who is at fault, the supporters? I don't believe so. They were led by a maniac, had no say, and yes, blindly followed their team. Should they have protested and forced the issue? Yes, I think so. But they are in the infancy, caught up by the new fad of wreckless owners. Fans will become savvy and less naive, but only because of what has happened to Rangers, Hearts, etc. we should be raging against Doncaster and Topping and Regan, they are supposed to enforce the by-laws. They are the enemy, not a madman, for his very definition excludes that, and not the people who trusted someone in good faith. Hindsight is. 20/20.

Hearts fans positively embraced the madman and enjoyed the fruits of his actions.

They all knew his actions were detrimental whist creaming themselves with the artificial glory that came along with it.

I can assure you that I am not angry. I do not get angry about such trivial issues like bankrupt clubs. I am involved in business every day of my working life and the debt and cheating of Hearts is not a priority but I  have clear views on the honesty and integrity of the way clubs are operated.  My interest is i the long term future of MY club.

For example I  have been studying the accounts of ICT over the past few weeks and I intend to make comment on them soon.

Q. DONATIONS TO THE JAMBOS. - A. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE

CALEY TILL I DIE!!!!!

The people on here slagging Hearts are obviously not aware that under 15 years ago we were close to going out of business and without help from outside forces we would not have a team to support. And before the question is asked, yes, it was because our club was being badly run at the time and spending money we didn't have. Scottish football has a long and precious history that Hearts are very much a part of and, just like us at our time of trouble, the fans had little say in how a club was run. Support Hearts and Dunfermline at this time as it could be us next.

• Agree 1

The people on here slagging Hearts are obviously not aware that under 15 years ago we were close to going out of business and without help from outside forces we would not have a team to support. And before the question is asked, yes, it was because our club was being badly run at the time and spending money we didn't have. Scottish football has a long and precious history that Hearts are very much a part of and, just like us at our time of trouble, the fans had little say in how a club was run. Support Hearts and Dunfermline at this time as it could be us next.

No it will never be us!

The Highlands are ours forever

Dragan, you have posted elsewhere that fans should be doing more to take control of their clubs and having a say in how they are run....this seems to be in stark contrast to your comments and views on this thread.

ICT have protected their own financial position by ring-fencing the income from the average visiting Hearts support and are making a donation to a fans group who are helping to keep their club operating while another fans driven organisation attempts to find a way for their club to continue.

Nothing at all in any of that is damaging ICT....quite the opposite.  There's also no hint of supporting those responsible for Hearts getting into the position they have, nor is it supporting a return to a regime who are likely to run the club in similar fashion in the future (should they survive)....in fact, it's not supporting any of the groups looking to make a bid to take over the club.

Not only is your economic evaluation of the offer clearly wrong, your moral evaluation also seems to suffering somewhat as well.

• Agree 2

Dragan, you have posted elsewhere that fans should be doing more to take control of their clubs and having a say in how they are run....this seems to be in stark contrast to your comments and views on this thread.

ICT have protected their own financial position by ring-fencing the income from the average visiting Hearts support and are making a donation to a fans group who are helping to keep their club operating while another fans driven organisation attempts to find a way for their club to continue.

Nothing at all in any of that is damaging ICT....quite the opposite.  There's also no hint of supporting those responsible for Hearts getting into the position they have, nor is it supporting a return to a regime who are likely to run the club in similar fashion in the future (should they survive)....in fact, it's not supporting any of the groups looking to make a bid to take over the club.

Not only is your economic evaluation of the offer clearly wrong, your moral evaluation also seems to suffering somewhat as well.

Your post lacks cohesion and clarity. What are you trying to say? No matter how much you bleat my opinion will not change.

We have great board who apply a great deal of dilligence to the governance of our team.

Our role should not be to help finance Heart's successes of the past few years. It is none of our business. Have you conducted due dilligence on this organisation that you are proposing to finance. Do you even know who they are?

You clearly have not got any background in business or economics.

Edited by draganict

Your post lacks cohesion and clarity. What are you trying to say? No matter how much you bleat my opinion will not change.

We have great board who apply a great deal of dilligence to the governance of our team.

Our role should not be to help finance Heart's successes of the past few years. It is none of our business. Have you conducted due dilligence on this organisation that you are proposing to finance. Do you even know who they are?

Oh and BTW at no time, despite your inaccurate point,  have I made an "economic evaluation" of any offer. My evaluation is of a binary nature and it is that I would give then nothing! Nothing at all! No economic evaluation required Oh Wise One

1.  The offer protects ICT's financial position as income from the average visiting club is ring-fenced.  i.e. no split of income will be offered from the first 650 tickets.

2.  The club will benefit to the tune of £15 for every additional (full paying) Hearts fan that attends as a result of the offer.

3.  Your claims that this somehow supports a corrupt regime are unfounded.

4.  Yes, as a matter of fact I did do some due diligence on the 1874 Fighting Fund...maybe you should too before digging yourself a deeper hole.

5.  Qualified as a Financial Consultant aged 18, held position as Senior Compliance Auditor, Senior Risk Management Officer, Head Analyst (Change Management), Project Manager (Change Management)...all for a major banking group.  Does that count as having a sufficient background in business or economics to allow me to comment on this subject?

Oh and BTW at no time, despite your inaccurate point,  have I made an "economic evaluation" of any offer. My evaluation is of a binary nature and it is that I would give then nothing! Nothing at all! No economic evaluation required Oh Wise One

You should have just said "I'd rather see ICT cut off their nose to spite their face" then everyone would have understood your stance on the matter.

• Agree 1

Hearts fans positively embraced the madman and enjoyed the fruits of his actions.

They all knew his actions were detrimental whist creaming themselves with the artificial glory that came along with it.

I can assure you that I am not angry. I do not get angry about such trivial issues like bankrupt clubs. I am involved in business every day of my working life and the debt and cheating of Hearts is not a priority but I  have clear views on the honesty and integrity of the way clubs are operated.  My interest is i the long term future of MY club.

For example I  have been studying the accounts of ICT over the past few weeks and I intend to make comment on them soon.

Q. DONATIONS TO THE JAMBOS. - A. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE

CALEY TILL I DIE!!!!!

And making money from opposition fans is one way to securing a long term future.

I look forward to hearing your views regarding the ICT accounts.