Helping out Hearts

Fraz

Win, win, win situation.

Spoke to a couple of Hearts fans today in the central belt  and they are all for it.

Good to hear of Posters trying to help out the club if they can and isn't it about time the club contacted the Auchterarder chippie for sponsorship, Tels been promoting that plaice for years. 

850 tickets sold for away end and probably a few hundred more intending to pay at the gate. Offering the £5 donation per head to the fighting fund now seems like a good idea for our coffers as well.

Yes but isn't it five pounds per head provided it relates to at least 650 full-paying adults  minimum. not kids.

Question is : how many kids are included in that large figure.

Personally speaking, I  think it would be great if they just paid Hearts the 5 pounds per adult regardless of how many kids come up.

Goodwill would be massive.

• Agree 1

So Hearts brought about 1,000 then?

That means another very poor turnout from the Inverness public. Maybe 3,000 maximum?

So sad! What is it--the price too high in these difficult days?

They did Scarlet, but I don't know if it's the cause for concern that a lot of people think. Maybe about 3 000 is our core crowd. If we keep that going, and increase it in "high interest" games that might be as good as we get. What matters to me is how good that 3 000 are, and today they were very good indeed.

• Agree 5

The question I would ask is. Would Hearts have done the same had it been the other way round and ICT were in financial trouble?

I very much doubt it in my opinion

We have set a dangerous precedent now.Will we. be doing the same when the newco Orcs return for their first game in the Highland Capital?

Dougal

1100 away fans is a good turn out for us, we are also in competition with County for away supporters heading North.

Hearts fans forked out for an away cup game and then have a 6 hour round trip for another away game a few days later.

Hearts will get an extra £2000 to £2500 for their fund due to ICTs kindness but the extra number of fans turning up will cover this and more, also made more money on pies and bar.

I would say we made more money by doing this than not.

Hearts will get an extra couple of grand from us 

Hearts also get extra revenue due to the publicity of this kind gesture as Hearts fans who weren't making the game donated £5 directly to their fund.

We did our bit to try and help keep a big club in top flight football and yes we could apply this to all clubs in the same position and give them cash back when the 650 fans bar is reached.

I can remember County laying on free busses for Motherwell to make on the gate money from their fans.   :ponder: