How much is wee Billy worth?

davieB

I noticed in yesterdays Courier that Tel said we'd had a few enquiries about McKay from a couple of Russian clubs, but they were derisory offers.

If he was to go before the window closes (hope he doesn't obviously) how much d'you think we'd get for him?

Priceless to us on current form, difference in the spfl between top 6 and bottom is goals and we are one of the few teams with a natural finisher.

Board need to be looking a £1m plus, he has a contract and by all accounts is happy so we dont have to sell him at all.

• Agree 2

Celtic are currently trawling Europe offering about £4m for any dodgy foreigner who might replace Hooper.  Billy scored more SPL goals than Hooper, is proven at SPL and won't have language difficultiesor  trouble settling in Scotland.

£5m!

• Agree 2

I'd say about £800k - £1.1M, I doubt he'll go before the window closes but I reckon we'll get a lot of offers for him in January. I think it might be tough to hang on to him until the end of the season although he signed a new contract last season. Johnny Russell was IMO pretty poor last season and still went to Derby for £850k so if McKay goes for less than that?

Clubs seem to pay more to bigger teams, even when it's like for like. I suppose that's similar to paying more for image than substance as many people do in shops and restaurants every day. But I think it would take an offer of 700,000 to get any of the board talking. Minimum entry offer.

The wee man totally lacked energy today. I was watching him when Celtic had the ball and he seemed very lethargic.

I think he may be carrying a knock. 

Possibly fed up as there was rarely an ICT player within 30 yards of him in the second half and he must have felt like he was chasing scud missiles.

What he's worth and what we'd accept are probably two figures well apart. I would think if a half mill offer came in we'd let him go. I believe we already have cover for him. The thing is though, we moulded him over a season before he became the scorer he turned out to be so we'd likely need to do the same for whoever steps in. That could lose us ground. The next question......who could afford him? Only Celtic in Scotland. How would he fair in England. Would he be a Don Cowie who was fairly successful down south or would he be an Adam Rooney who didnt fair so well? The lad is getting himself known with us. He's an International. A move away could affect his international status.

Remember, Marius Niculae went for (IIRC) £250,000 and he wasn't that good.  Mckay's worth at least £1million, and perhaps much more to us!

£400k (give or take) for NIculae

If I was ICT I'd take whatever we can get for Mckay right now.  It's clear that on current form he's only going to manage to secure us a European spot and that'll just end up costing us money in the long run.  Best to get rid before we get ourselves into that kind of trouble!!!

• Agree 2

Remember, Marius Niculae went for (IIRC) £250,000 and he wasn't that good.  Mckay's worth at least £1million, and perhaps much more to us!

If I was ICT I'd take whatever we can get for Mckay right now.  It's clear that on current form he's only going to manage to secure us a European spot and that'll just end up costing us money in the long run.  Best to get rid before we get ourselves into that kind of trouble!!!

Best to get rid! You are having a laugh. 4 games into the season and you proposing to "GET RID" of our treasured striker. You would take whatever we could get!!!!!!

A phrase that  includes the words "What planet?" springs to mind.

Best to get rid! You are having a laugh. 4 games into the season and you proposing to "GET RID" of our treasured striker. You would take whatever we could get!!!!!!

A phrase that  includes the words "What planet?" springs to mind.

Whoooshh!!!!!!!

• Agree 3

There seems to be a formula when making offers for ICT players.  I think the formula goes something like this........think of the going rate for such a player....then offer ICT 1/10th of that amount

• Agree 1

CaleyD says we should get rid for what we can get!

What would the Freddos sell for in the club shop? or we could donate them to Hearts to help them to repair their stadium with a caveat that they cannot spend it on signing Ngoo

FREDDO! FREDDO!