Song for Caley

wynthank15

Wrote a song for ICT two years ago and am hoping to getting round to recording it this year, free for the club should they choose to use it (lyrics below). As a new member would like to weigh in on some of the other subjects raised on the forum. The SPL clubs should reintroduce pay at the gate standing areas. When these were in operation at the TCS you could turn up when opportunity permitted and meet the same supporters every week who stood at the same area every week, that was lost when the all seated SPL was achieved and former well kent faces were spread around the stadium by season tickets.. I am sure this costs the club on those occasions where supporters make a last minute decision to go to the game. i also recall being told to sit down by the constabulary for standing at the back of the main stand during a game against Celtic, we challenged the Police about the whole away support standing we were told that "they will be sitting down in a moment" yeah right. I don't like the control whereby they want to know who is buying a ticket or try to check your bag/pockets which I resisted at Ibrox ( the guy knew by my look he wasn't going to dip my pockets) the security angle is ridiculous and mirrors what is occuring at sports events in the USA and elsewhere, I will not subject to someone abusing my right to privacy or touch me up, we should tell these people where to get off.

Anyway, rant over here's the lyrics, the chorus is sung to the tune that the French used to support their national side "Alle Alle Alle Alle Alle" which can be used as a chant in itself.

If anyone has suggestions re changes to the lyrics by all means I'd like to hear them.

Yes, we're proud of our colours of the red and the blue

and the history behind us, we're proud of that too

so be proud of our colours, and give of your best

for we're Caley Thistle, Caley Thistle

from Inverness

yes we're proud of our city , and it's history too

and the lads that we cheer for, in the red and the blue

so be true to our colours and give of your best

from Inverness

Chorus

Caley, Caley Caley Caley Caley

Caley Caley Caley Caley Caley

There's an eagle stands over each proud highland heart

and we fear no contender who visits these parts

so be true to our colours, when you pull on our crest

from Inverness

Chorus

• Agree 4

Guest Mahonio

Good on you wynthank 15, could and probably should be used as our anthem :).

Will you put up a video on youtube so we know the tune :)?

I've been trying to get my hands on a clean copy of "Bring it on Home" for years....most of the copies doing the rounds are either incomplete, poorly copied or have other noise over/under layed onto it.

If anyone has the cassette and is willing to let me borrow it to get a copy (or can pull me off a decent copy themselves) then I'm at every game and the stadium most days.  In return I'll look into making it available as an "official" MP3 download from the club website (copyright permissions etc. permitting).

I've been trying to get my hands on a clean copy of "Bring it on Home" for years....most of the copies doing the rounds are either incomplete, poorly copied or have other noise over/under layed onto it.

If anyone has the cassette and is willing to let me borrow it to get a copy (or can pull me off a decent copy themselves) then I'm at every game and the stadium most days. In return I'll look into making it available as an "official" MP3 download from the club website (copyright permissions etc. permitting).

I gave my tape to Mee years ago to copy! If you're reading this Mee pass it on. The original quality wasn't that great mind you.

Edit: there were different versions on each side. The longer version had a comment about ICT being in Europe

Edited by TheMantis

I like the "oh Inverness, .... Is wonderful, oh inverness is wonderful, it has a bridge and a castle, oh inverness is wonderful" and I think that should be the chorus of any new song. Also would like references to "going ballistic", somehow.

I think the club should do a songwriting competition!

I intentionally wrote the song to remind the players that they are playing for a club with a history behind them and what we expect from them. We are the kind of club who is likely to have players in and out regularly each season assuming we stay in the PL unlike the old days where we might have a settled team for a few seasons. The chorus is intentionally simple and can be used on it's own and sounds great when sung by a large crowd it also has a celtic feel to it. Listen to the French using it at international games in the 70's and 80's, it's the only chant they had.We need a song that will follow the club into the future a bit like (for it's a grand old team to play for)which incidentally is not a Celtic song it was stolen from Hibs.

Inverness is wonderful and bring it back home are not club anthems though they can still be part of a repertoire. Going ballistic may well be lost in the mists of time.We need a song that all supporters know and will rally behind or at least a chant that everyone knows the TCS is too quiet.

Will put the final polished version up on u tube (I don't have the technical ability but know people who have)once I get the whole thing produced which takes time, players, recording facilities etc

I intentionally wrote the song to remind the players that they are playing for a club with a history behind them and what we expect from them. We are the kind of club who is likely to have players in and out regularly each season assuming we stay in the PL unlike the old days where we might have a settled team for a few seasons. The chorus is intentionally simple and can be used on it's own and sounds great when sung by a large crowd it also has a celtic feel to it. Listen to the French using it at international games in the 70's and 80's, it's the only chant they had.We need a song that will follow the club into the future a bit like (for it's a grand old team to play for)which incidentally is not a Celtic song it was stolen from Hibs.

Inverness is wonderful and bring it back home are not club anthems though they can still be part of a repertoire. Going ballistic may well be lost in the mists of time.We need a song that all supporters know and will rally behind or at least a chant that everyone knows the TCS is too quiet.

Will put the final polished version up on u tube (I don't have the technical ability but know people who have)once I get the whole thing produced which takes time, players, recording facilities etc

Reference to history seems a bit lop sided with the chorus and reference to eagles  :smile:

Like it or not, ICT is developing it's own/new identity among a support in which the vast majority don't give two hoots about the politics of the merger.

Surely what's most important is the level and passion of the support and not what nickname they choose to use?

Appreciate that some of the comments are tongue in cheek, but it really is time for the disgruntled minority to accept the situation for what it is and let the club grow under whatever identity the current generation choose to project on Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

• Agree 2

I have a digital home studio so would be willing to mix or maybe do a remastering. Without the original master tracks this would be difficult.

However a new song might be easier and with a library of samples at my disposal I can put something together!