Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, FC Copenhagen

Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, Anderlecht

Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, FC Basel, Steaua Bucharest

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli

Group G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

My prediction is that Man U, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Madrid, Galatasaray, Benfica, PSG, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea, Steaua Bucharest, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Porto, Athletico Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan will make the last sixteen.

Sadly I think Celtic will struggle to get a Europa place. That is one bad group for them.

GROUP A: Man United + Bayer Leverkusen

GROUP B: Real Madrid + Juventus

GROUP C: PSG + Benfica

GROUP D: Bayern Munich + Man City

GROUP E: Chelsea + Schalke

GROUP F: Dortmund + Arsenal

GROUP G: Atletico Madrid + Porto

GROUP H: Barcelona + AC Milan

In that order, i'd be pretty surprised if that doesn't happen to be honest.  It seems pretty straight forward.

Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk
Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus
Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain
Group D: Bayern Munich, Manchester City
Group E: Chelsea, Schalke
Group F: Borussia Dortmund, Napoli
Group G: Porto, Zenit St Petersburg
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan

Some groups are too easy to predict.

3rd place for Celtic will be like a triumph. 2nd - unbelievable; 1st - impossible

I reckon it'll actually be tight between Ajax, Celtic and Milan.  But still think Celtic will finish bottom, Ajax are quite strong at the moment and will do well while Milan aren't as strong as before but still have the quality to qualify.

Group A: Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus

Group C: Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos

Group D: Bayern Munich, Manchester City

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke

Group F: Borussia Dortmund, Napoli

Group G: Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

This is why it is so important for teams to get into the group stages.  I would be over the moon if I was a celtic supporter.  They are playing against 3 superb clubs with great histories.  Whether they are bottom of the group or not, they will have had 3 fantastic nights at Celtic Park, not forgetting the excitement of this week's win to get them there.  It is what their season is all about.

It must be great for our players to see what Celtic are doing in Europe and to reflect that we are deservedly ahead of them in the league.  It should give us belief, as fans, that we too can make it into Europe next season and get a win or two and perhaps a shot at a well known European side.

Success for Celtic in Europe is good for Scottish football.  Good luck to them I say.  They sure as hell will need it in that group.

• Agree 3

This is why it is so important for teams to get into the group stages.  I would be over the moon if I was a celtic supporter.  They are playing against 3 superb clubs with great histories.  Whether they are bottom of the group or not, they will have had 3 fantastic nights at Celtic Park, not forgetting the excitement of this week's win to get them there.  It is what their season is all about.

It must be great for our players to see what Celtic are doing in Europe and to reflect that we are deservedly ahead of them in the league.  It should give us belief, as fans, that we too can make it into Europe next season and get a win or two and perhaps a shot at a well known European side.

Success for Celtic in Europe is good for Scottish football.  Good luck to them I say.  They sure as hell will need it in that group.

Well said, I'm far more excited now knowing they are in the toughest group out of the lot than if they were playing Benfica, Marseille and Bucharest.  Will be some great games to watch but whether or not they'll be able to pull off some shockers again is another story.

I hope they do well, but the whole CL is a farce - 4th place teams, closed door seeding system, its all about the final 8 being 2 from Spain, 2 from England, 2 from Germany (minimum). Celtic should be happy to be there and getting Eurpoa League from that group would be an achievement. Best thing about the draw is its a chance to show was the Barca results last season a fluke, as they never stop talking about it!!!!

Wouldn't it be refreshing to have an Anderlecht v Ajax final (or something similar) for a change but it just ain't going to happen.

Actually Ajax v Celtic - two previous winners who don't have the financial clout of the modern day monster clubs would bring some life into what has become a fairly well scripted competition.

As with all Scottish clubs in europe I hope the wee Celtic cause a few upsets again and go as far as they can. Those additional ranking points make all the difference you know ;-)

• Agree 1

group A - Man Utd, Real Sociedad, Shathker Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen.

group B - Real Madrid, Juve, Galatasaray, FCK.

group C - PSG, Benfica, Olympiakos, Anderlecht.

group D - Bayern Munchen, Man City, CSKA, Viktoria Plzen.

group E - Chelsea, Schalke, Basle, Steau.

group F - Dortmund, Napoli, Arsenal, Marseille.

group G - Athletico Madrid, Porto, Zenit, Vienna.

group H - Barca, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic.

Only down side to Celtic getting into Champs league is the amount of money it brings them, carries them further away from the rest of Scottish football. They money they get will not be spent in Scotland, as it seems they are spending it in Isreal and Germany already, on more foreign imports. Does that help Scottish football? keeps out more Scottish kids.

• Agree 1

I think some people aren't aware of just how bad AC Milan are these days. Celtic will still have a tough set of fixtures but I wouldn't be that surprised to see them finish second.

Celtic do spend money though on the Lennoxtown facility and youth development, there are a lot of Scottish players who have been through the Celtic youth set up playing at SPFL & higher level, sadly to compete in the CL they need 'instant' quality which means buying foreign talent and with lower resources than those they try to compete against at that level they have to trawl for bargain basement. I'm sure if there were SPFL players deemed to be up to CL level and priced at a realistic level then Celtic would buy them.

We cant expect just because they make money in the CL they should donate it all back to develop talent in Scotland for other clubs. Fact is the Scottish national team would probably struggle to get out of most of those CL groups, thats how powerful club football has become over national.

Celtic do spend money though on the Lennoxtown facility and youth development, there are a lot of Scottish players who have been through the Celtic youth set up playing at SPFL & higher level, sadly to compete in the CL they need 'instant' quality which means buying foreign talent and with lower resources than those they try to compete against at that level they have to trawl for bargain basement. I'm sure if there were SPFL players deemed to be up to CL level and priced at a realistic level then Celtic would buy them.

We cant expect just because they make money in the CL they should donate it all back to develop talent in Scotland for other clubs. Fact is the Scottish national team would probably struggle to get out of most of those CL groups, thats how powerful club football has become over national.

Not doubting how much they spend on their youth, in fact its more than ICT's annual budget. Point Im making is they go sign some of these imports, keeping out the developed youth, and not really giving the young lads a chance. Rangers were the same with their CL money. Thing is every import is preventing a young Scot from progression, and experience, and are they better than they have. Will this Nir Biton be any superior to Murray Davidson, Gary Warren ( i know he isn't a Scot ) etc.

Edited by bauhaus

A: Leverkusen - ManU - Real Sociedad - Donetsk

B: Juve - Real - Gala - Copenhagen

C: PSG - Benfica - Olympiakos - Anderlecht

D: Bayern - City - Plzen - CSKA

E: Chelsea - Basel - Schalke - Steaua

F: Dortmund - Arsenal - Marseille - Napoli

G: Atletico - Porto - Zenit - Austria

H: Barca - Milan - Ajax - Celtic

Only down side to Celtic getting into Champs league is the amount of money it brings them, carries them further away from the rest of Scottish football. They money they get will not be spent in Scotland, as it seems they are spending it in Isreal and Germany already, on more foreign imports. Does that help Scottish football? keeps out more Scottish kids.

That may be so but it also brings us money