ie

Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
post-2-0-58055000-1377957587.png

Just about the best I've ever heard a home crowd on the radio too - they've been singing for the last 15 minutes solid. Really encouraging stuff. 

Has been pretty good for a while now ... not sure if they changed the location of the mics they use for 'ambient noise' or something but definitely better than last year.

Sounds like a great performance again today.  McKay had plenty opportunities to get his hat-trick. I never have believed in giving a player a penalty out of sentiment for his hat-trick. But with Billy's penalty record, I would have stuck with Vincent.

F-T 2-0

P 5 W4 D1 L0 - 13 PTS - a very solid start to the season indeed :ictscarf:

Lets not forget 4 clean sheets from 5 with 10 scored and only 2 conceded, and those two being against Celtic at Parkhead.

We've talked before about McKay and penalties!! Fair enough I suppose to let him try for his hat trick, but personally I would have stuck with Vincent who scored the last one.

Apparently Butcher agrees. said in post-match interview that Vincent is the PK taker and that he bollocked him out for being sentimental and handing the ball to BM.

• Agree 1

Good display, kept the ball well, but should have had a heck of a lot more goals when you consider the amount of shots and chances we had.

Have to agree with Butcher about the penalty, and I was saying it at the time.  I think I'm right in saying Mckay's missed his last three penalties, and I've never been that convinced by his ability with them, even the ones that he's scored.  I wouldn't have him taking them again, unless quite a few players missing the next time one comes up.

• Agree 1

Thought there wasn't much between the sides in the first half, but we were clinical and Hearts' defending was catastrophic.

After the break it was one way traffic, and could have been a cricket score.  The Hearts players looked knackered after their midweek game, and badly missed Wilson in defence.

No-one should ever let McKay take a penalty ever again!  But until he messed up that one on one with the keeper I thought he had been sensational.

Doran and Ross really stood out for me - both were energetic and keen to get on the ball.  Doran in particular buzzed all over the park.  A brilliant performance.

Was it handball by Hamill?  I have no idea.  The referee had a dreadful game in general - Draper in particular was being pulled up for everything.

By the Kilmarnock game we'll have been top of the league for six weeks!!!!

We've never had it as good as this, have we?

• Agree 1

Thought there wasn't much between the sides in the first half, but we were clinical and Hearts' defending was catastrophic.

After the break it was one way traffic, and could have been a cricket score.  The Hearts players looked knackered after their midweek game, and badly missed Wilson in defence.

The wind behind Hearts in the first half possibly levelled the game a bit. Don't think we have dominated a top flight match as much as we did in the second half since Gretna were in the league.