Inverness CT -V- Hearts

Scotty

Another great 3 points on board and the highlanders are 3 clear at the top. We controlled the match and were quick to win back the ball if we lost it. Hearts with only two experienced players on the field did there best but with there game mid-week there tank was empty after half hour. Brill and the 4 boys at the back were solid. With Raven and G.Shinnie both bombing down the wings when they could in support. We created alot of chances in front of goal and sadly could only finish two of them but its still a good sight to see your team create chances from all angles on the pitch. Vnicent did what any other player would do is hand the ball to your team mate who is on the hat-trick to complete it. After strong words from TB think the pens will only be taken by vincent lol.

Bring on the Killie - PRIDE OF THE HIGHLANDS :ictscarf:

Hamill is potentially subject to two appeals - one by Raith that he fell down like Neil Lennon did against Juanjo, and yesterday.

He potentially cheated against Raith to get a player sent off and feigned injury yesterday against Aaron who was booked - two incidents potentially of cheating.

However, he looks incredibly hard done by from TV evidence. There is a sense of justice in some respects but also one of injustice and an appeal here should be successful in my opinion.

Great Quality football!

We need to start counting the passes. There seemed to be a period of 30+ continuous passes in the 2nd half!!

I just wish we could see more people coming to watch the best football I have ever seen in Inverness.

It is quality football yes, exciting & entertaining just fab & top of the Scottish football leagues, couldn't be doing better.

yes I was hoping for a goal after the 30+ passes it would have been Brazilian-esque!

Almost Pele like!!

Hats off to Butcher he has assembled a squad with the emphasis on passing and the togetherness amongst the players is quite evident

Only negative on Saturday was that we failed to score more than the two we got but its another three points on the card regardless

Yes it's still very early days but I reckon this team providing we don't get hit badly with injuries will be fighting out runners up spot with Motherwell meaning a venture into Europe next season

Regarding the fan base it's time some folk realised that 2500-3000 is what it is. Most Invernessians don't see ICT as their local team for various reasons but its pointless bringing up the same moan on every match thread

Dougal

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/inverness-ct-v-hearts-report-r1066

The £5 cash back offer swelled the away support to what looked to be over a thousand Hearts fans and they got right behind their team and were in good voice throughout the entire game, matched by a vociferous home support to make this an entertaining encounter.

I was perplexed to see a penalty awarded at the time, as was everyone else, including the players.

Having seen it on tv its clearly the wrong decision, justice was done with the penalty being missed but the red card should be overturned. It was the wrong decision.

I don't know why the authorities have such stupid rules.  The TV replays clearly showed the decision was wrong so why should Hearts even have to appeal?  You can't put things to right during the game and an incorrect decision and a sending off can seriously alter the course of a game.  That being the case, why punish the club even further for an "offence" that those administering the punishment know was not committed?  Its a waste of people's time and money.

These things happen so fast that I would be loathe to criticise the referee in this case, but when he sees the footage he will know he got it wrong.  Why can't referees be asked to add statements to that effect to their report so that the decision is then rescinded and the disciplinary panel then has no "offence" to punish.

• Agree 1

Hats off to Butcher he has assembled a squad with the emphasis on passing and the togetherness amongst the players is quite evident

Only negative on Saturday was that we failed to score more than the two we got but its another three points on the card regardless

Yes it's still very early days but I reckon this team providing we don't get hit badly with injuries will be fighting out runners up spot with Motherwell meaning a venture into Europe next season

Regarding the fan base it's time some folk realised that 2500-3000 is what it is. Most Invernessians don't see ICT as their local team for various reasons but its pointless bringing up the same moan on every match thread

Dougal

Not sure one can say Butcher has assembled a full  squad. ??  He certainly has a fine first 11. Not much on the bench though, unless somebody knows different?

If we ge injuries or suspensions what can we do about it. The squad seems wafer thin to me. I am told rightly or wrongly that free transfers and loan players can be signed after the deadline if the club has room on the registration forms. We really ought to be looking for back ups. This is not a troll I am genuinly concerned  with the bench.

Not sure one can say Butcher has assembled a full  squad. ??  He certainly has a fine first 11. Not much on the bench though, unless somebody knows different?

If we ge injuries or suspensions what can we do about it. The squad seems wafer thin to me. I am told rightly or wrongly that free transfers and loan players can be signed after the deadline if the club has room on the registration forms. We really ought to be looking for back ups. This is not a troll I am genuinly concerned  with the bench.

:amazed:  :amazed:  :amazed:

Dougal

Hmmmmmmm. Think we've got a lot more on the bench than last year. Good young local players such as Polworth, experience such as Esson. New up and coming players like Williams, Greenhaugh, Adgensen and still Watkins and Allen to come in properly! So not sure what your problem is here Lawrence tbh.

Dougal

You're either a troll, or extremely stupid.

• Agree 2

Dougal

How many of the squad players have you seen play?  I'd hazard a guess at none.  Until you have been to U20 games, seen players play/train, I would stop talking about something you know nothing about.

Dougal

Hmmmmmmm. Think we've got a lot more on the bench than last year. Good young local players such as Polworth, experience such as Esson. New up and coming players like Williams, Greenhaugh, Adgensen and still Watkins and Allen to come in properly! So not sure what your problem is here Lawrence tbh.

Have to agree ocg. The bench this year actually gives Butcher some options when for most of last season there was little in the way of players to change a game or shape of the team.

If we get injuries or suspension??? We have the smallest budget and therefore one of the smallest squads in the league - how is this Butcher's fault?

Of course we will be weakened when these happen but probably only Celtic carry enough players to cover injuries now.

Dougal

Hi Dougal  Im not highlighting your post because your Dougal and want to pick holes. but. 

The fans we have are the fans we have and Im sure every one of us are appreciated by the club but looking for positive ways of luring fresh fans to the matches isn't a bad thing.

ICT really are a joy to watch right now and it would be good if others could experience a good day out too. We had some Watford fans here last week and by their feed back on here they had a good day out.  I had a few Americans in front of me at a recent  game, Im assuming they were neutrals, as the game wore on they were standing up clapping and cheering at a good performance, more happy customers. 

As for most Invernessians  not seeing ICT as their local team I think that is an opinion of a person above a certain age who cant see past the old firm, you only have to look at  the support for the team after the County match to see how things are changing.

Dougal

How many of the squad players have you seen play?  I'd hazard a guess at none.  Until you have been to U20 games, seen players play/train, I would stop talking about something you know nothing about.

no need to get shirty , I said unless you know different. I was only expressing my perception. I am pleased you are happy with the squad, it gives me some comfort

Dougal

You're either a troll, or extremely stupid.

You are extremely rude