Inverness CT -V- Hearts

Scotty

I don't know why the authorities have such stupid rules.  The TV replays clearly showed the decision was wrong so why should Hearts even have to appeal?  You can't put things to right during the game and an incorrect decision and a sending off can seriously alter the course of a game.  That being the case, why punish the club even further for an "offence" that those administering the punishment know was not committed?  Its a waste of people's time and money.

These things happen so fast that I would be loathe to criticise the referee in this case, but when he sees the footage he will know he got it wrong.  Why can't referees be asked to add statements to that effect to their report so that the decision is then rescinded and the disciplinary panel then has no "offence" to punish.

Totally agree and it seems strange the SFA can use TV evidence to charge a player for an offence the referee has missed (witness the Dundee UTd player offered a 3 match ban for allegedly kicking a Celtic player) but cannot or will not use the TV evidence to rescind a decison that is so obviously wrong. Surely the SFA do not operate double standards!!.

Guys

The linesman flagged for an offence that he thought he saw. The ref awarded a red card. Incorrectly in my view. A mistake was made and the game carried on. The outcome was not affected on this occasion.

On the basis of TV evidence, Hearts will appeal and the card will be overturned. End of.

Or am I missing something?

• Agree 1

I don't know why the authorities have such stupid rules.  The TV replays clearly showed the decision was wrong so why should Hearts even have to appeal?  You can't put things to right during the game and an incorrect decision and a sending off can seriously alter the course of a game.  That being the case, why punish the club even further for an "offence" that those administering the punishment know was not committed?  Its a waste of people's time and money.

These things happen so fast that I would be loathe to criticise the referee in this case, but when he sees the footage he will know he got it wrong.  Why can't referees be asked to add statements to that effect to their report so that the decision is then rescinded and the disciplinary panel then has no "offence" to punish.

Totally agree and it seems strange the SFA can use TV evidence to charge a player for an offence the referee has missed (witness the Dundee UTd player offered a 3 match ban for allegedly kicking a Celtic player) but cannot or will not use the TV evidence to rescind a decison that is so obviously wrong. Surely the SFA do not operate double standards!!.

I believe the red card was overturned by the Ref (having reviewed the footage himself) prior to the appeal having to be heard, so Hearts technically didn't risk a penny...although they would have if need be.

If a club pays the fee and is successful in it's appeal then the fee is refunded.  This makes perfect sense as it stops clubs just appealing everything in the hope a decision might go their way.

The SFA will only look at missed offences which are directly raised with them and the reason no fee is sought from the complainant is because the source of the complaint is kept anonymous...which is understandable as it could lead to a situation where fans of one team create trouble with the opposition because their club "grassed" on them.