Should we build a fourth stand

Caol jag

It would be good to do something to tidy it up yes.

Building a stand would be folly. It's a moot point anyway we don't have the cash to build a proper shop, not likely we're gonna splash out on a stand we don't need and are never going to fill.

• Agree 1

Interesting. No demand/money for a new stand, or a shop/building. There must be some ideas on how it could make money...

Erect marquee tents and have pre and post match party, etc. 10 quid entry including a pie, and a pint, cash bar after. Only during less busy games. One for home, one for away.

I'm sure there are better suggestions...

The main one was built over 15 years ago, I would be almost certain that 1 big stand would've been cheaper to build than 2 wee stands.
And if you could forseen where the club was now almost 20 years ago you're a genius.

• Agree 1

Maybe we could put a wall there or something but it would look a bit old fashioned. A new stand though? We can barely fill out the two stands we already have apart from the occasional highland derby or when the old firm arrive. I've always thought of a new stand but as I say there's no way we would fill it out! Maybe an extension to the main stand were we could add an upper tier on both sides to those bits that have no shelter? It costs a lot of money though and would probably be a bit pointless.

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

I heard the only reason they didn't build a stand there was because there was. A gas pipe below the pitch and went throw that area

A gas pipe does exist over behind the ground which restricts the size of footprint for any development, but it's not the reason a fourth stand hasn't been built...the reason, as already given, is that it's not needed.

well our attendances have gone up so far even just from the different games this season then when we get top 6 this season then we will be able to put that money towards it also if need be we can let other teams to use it for their fans if they are gonna bring up a lot

Edited by caleydawson

well our attendances have gone up so far even just from the different games this season then when we get top 6 this season then we will be able to put that money towards it also if need be we can let other teams to use it for their fans if they are gonna bring up a lot

Have they?

Lets just keep put it back to the way it was in 2003, Maybe a roofed enclosure and then use it for the Scottish and League Cups. 

I have a whole list of ideas on how I would love to see that side of the ground developed...none of which is a new stand.  However, in the current economic climate they're all pretty much just wishful thinking.

I've often thought that erecting a screen would be a (relatively) low cost way to improve the ambience of the ground. This would be a simple column and profiled sheeting structure with some of the cost possibly offset by additional advertising space created.

External advertising is a bit more complicated due to the need to obtain Transport Scotland/Planning Approval.

It would even be possibly to include permanent facilities for cameras whilst also helping to stop free 'sightseeing' old firm fans watching the game.

A fourth stand for flags and visiting supporters :crazy:

Alternatively we could use any increase in revenue we may get to consolidate the club's financial position and invest in the playing staff in order to get the best product on the park.  In that way we at least have some chance of filling some the empty seats we currently have

• Agree 1