Josh Meekings

Guest NorthOfInverness2

Guest NorthOfInverness2

I was Watching Scotland vs Belgium the other night and I was thinking where could they improve. That is where I noticed the shocking, awful, terrible defender at Left back they have. I feel ashamed to be Scottish when we decide to pick players that are awful and refuse to play the better players we have to offer such as josh Meekings.
He is something like 22 years of age and has been rock solid for us this season and I have mentioned it before on another thread the best Left back in the SPL. So why is Strachan avoiding him? Of course he is not the only one that could take his place, there are many other good LB in the SPL that could easily play instead of that disaster of a man we are playing at this current moment.
Also I have noticed we lack a goal threat, Billy Mckay top scorer in the SPL in amazing form and I am sure he would be willing to do a bit for Scotland. Again why is he being overlooked for players like Kenny Milner who do not have it in them anymore?
 It has taken a million years for Caley to put a good team together, I remember watching the in the Highland league thinking, we will be a top Premier team one day, and now we are here, top of the league and just being ignored?
I think it's about time the Scottish FA open there eyes up and see that we are producing player with good quality and good enough for Scotland.

• Agree 1

Well the main obstacle I can think of, is that Josh Meekings...happens to English.

He also happens not to be a left-back.

Billy Mckay was on the bench for Northern Ireland just last night.

Edited by Renegade

Guest NorthOfInverness2

I just thought this point needed bringing back up as they are continuing to ignore our players when it comes to Scotland.

I just thought this point needed bringing back up as they are continuing to ignore our players when it comes to Scotland.

But the thing is mate, Josh Meekings isn't from Scotland plus he's not a left back. Your right he has been solid this and last season at centre back but where did you get the facts about him being a left back and Scottish? And also why do you think Billy McKay is Scottish? :/

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

If Ross County weren't playing so badly surely some of their local home grown stars would be in contention.What about Gordon,Sproule,Micic,Mustafi,Kovacevic,McLean,DeLeeuw,Maatsen,Luckassen,Klok and Carey .Of course your manager Adams wouldn't be eligible as he is Mongolian!

I was Watching Scotland vs Belgium the other night and I was thinking where could they improve. That is where I noticed the shocking, awful, terrible defender at Left back they have. I feel ashamed to be Scottish when we decide to pick players that are awful and refuse to play the better players we have to offer such as josh Meekings.

He is something like 22 years of age and has been rock solid for us this season and I have mentioned it before on another thread the best Left back in the SPL. So why is Strachan avoiding him? Of course he is not the only one that could take his place, there are many other good LB in the SPL that could easily play instead of that disaster of a man we are playing at this current moment.

Also I have noticed we lack a goal threat, Billy Mckay top scorer in the SPL in amazing form and I am sure he would be willing to do a bit for Scotland. Again why is he being overlooked for players like Kenny Milner who do not have it in them anymore?

It has taken a million years for Caley to put a good team together, I remember watching the in the Highland league thinking, we will be a top Premier team one day, and now we are here, top of the league and just being ignored?

I think it's about time the Scottish FA open there eyes up and see that we are producing player with good quality and good enough for Scotland.

post-4861-0-94760500-1378599419.jpg

• Agree 1

It's been going on for years mate, those SFA idiots didn't even call up ICT's Marius Niculae.

• Agree 1

Guest NorthOfInverness2

Also, how are things going at Ross County by the way?  Seem to be on a one way train trip on the Relegation Express from what I can see!

Unlike a certain other Highland team! 

obamasmug.jpg

I think we can survive but who knows what the season may bring?

Larry Lloyd was a stalwart for Brian Clough, yet has never been selected to represent Scotland. He may be retired, massively overweight, not Scottish and living in England but the fact that Strachan hasn't even been to Inverness to see him play is just typical.

No doubt if Lloyd was Scottish, half his age, lost 5 stone and was first choice left back for Real Madrid, Strachan would be right in there. Typical anti-provincial club attitude.

• Agree 1