Kilmarnock -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

Managed to avoid hearing the score and watched it 'live' on Alba. A game where neither side seemed to get out of second gear. Killie's close marking prevented us from playing the type of football we've come to expect this season, except in odd spells. Even though Killie probably had more possession, I never felt they looked dangerous. Their goal had a fair bit of good fortune in it. We were solid enough at the back with Brill being extremely competent when needed. Thought Foran and Doran were our best, with the latter deserving his Alba MOM. We complain about our support being quiet at home but, unless it was just how it came over on TV, I hardly heard a peep out of the Killie supporters all throughout a game of very liitle atmosphere.

Still, another good 3 points and the dream continues.......

Thanks for letting me on you're forum.

I'm not a cally fan-i live in SW England don't really support any club,but it is such a breath of fresh air to see you're club doing so well.

Even down south people are talking about "butchers club doing well"regular topic of conversation in some clubs/bars i go to.

One thing that is poor though,you're attendances,being top of the league/challenging for a euro spot i would have thought you're home matches would have 6/7000 in-why only 3-4000??

So sad for a club that is doing really well/punching above you're weight.

Good luck

• Agree 4

Highland apathy I'm afraid, it's an ongoing battle to get people through the gates. We only get 6000 plus when Celtic are in town or local derby with Ross County and Aberdeen, otherwise it's hovering just over the 3000 mark.

The Immortal one has written this weeks report after yesterdays visit to Kilmarnock :clapoverhead:

http://caleythistleo...ct-report-r1069

Can anyone shed any light on Billy's reluctance to celebrate his goal???

I think the players knew that they hadn't been playing that well. Terry mentioned it in an interview that he asked the players to stick their hands up if they thought they had had a good game and apparently none of them did. Also, Mckay seemed to be somewhat isolated up front for parts of the game. There wasn't much support from the centre of midfield which is where I feel we really miss Andrew Shinnie.

Edited by RiG

I was going to remark that wee Billy may not have showed much enthusiasm after the goal becos he must be a little cheesed off with his lone role up front. Vincent was as good yesterday as anyone else on the park but he is more of a defence minded midfielder than a Shinnieesque one. It does look like he isn't employed in that role anyway and the system is there to allow Foran, Ross, Foran and Draper to move up and Vincent covers, we can't complain as it certainly works.

I would love to see us in a 4-4-2 for a period of a game at least where we partner McKay with Agadstein - but we are not going to get the luxury of that until we have an injury or a suspension. Hopefully that is Plan B.

From the reports and TB's comments, it sounds like we didn't really get out of 2nd gear?  If thats the case winning away in that fashion bodes well for the rest of the season.....anyway all set up for my visit for the Partick game, despite Sky moving it back a day...well excited

Just saw the highlights, the opener was the best-played goal I've ever seen from ICT. When Meekings played the long ball for the second I thought "WTF! Back too hoofing days?" only to see in the replay that it was an intentional side-footed pass. So I don't mind that the rest of match was poor, great teams don't need more than 2 or 3 good situations to win their games.

Not always going to be the perfect game, creating chance after chance, but its 3 more points.

Long may it continue, sometimes you just have to dig in for a result and ignore the call for pretty stuff on the park. More than happy where we are and story so far.

Crack on lads!

:clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

Does anyone know if Derek Adams gave an interview after the United match, I was looking forward to hearing it.

Adams, there's no need to feel down.

I said, Adams, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, Adams, 'Dingwalls a crap town
There's no need to be unhappy.