New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

Now you're all probably thinking, 'why on earth are we talking about this just now?'...However next season will be our 20th year and I believe the fans should have a say in what the new strip should be like.

The current away shirt was designed after consultation with CJT and from what I've heard the final design was submitted as early as December 2012. This could mean that the club and CJT are already or are about to talk about our new home shirt for next year. So its paramount we get our views in as early as possible!

I created this topic so fans will be able to express what they would like the new shirt to be and so CJT and the club could see the fans views.

Also FC United of Manchester present their members with 4 different shirt designs every couple of seasons. The fans then get to vote for their favourite with the winning shirt being the new home/away shirt. Would the club and CJT be prepared to do this for our special 20th year?

Now, I would normally ask for simple blue and red even and vertical stripes like the 95/96 shirt. NO fancy swooshes or diagonal stripes. NO more blue than red or vice versa, 50% blue and 50% red. However with the current red and black striped away I would be open to an all blue shirt with red/black trim like our 94/95 first strip. Also I would like to see a return to white shorts like we had between 94-97.

This was a kit that someone made in the "New Away Strip" topic (can't remember who) and I really like it as its simple and has more red in it than previous years. I think with like a crest round the badge saying "20 years" or something would be really appropriate. :ictscarf:

post-6917-0-37722100-1379709535_thumb.jp

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

Whether it's the 20th anniversary or the 100th anniversary, it should always be stripes IMO.

The first kit in '94 really looking back, was a disgrace for a merged club.  It really was nothing more than Caledonian kit and while some of the more recent kits still are too blue dominated and don't have enough red (IMO), they're all still better than that first one.  I wouldn't be keen on a recreation of that first kit.

• Agree 8

Pity is I think we had finally got an individual identity with the blue/red vertical stripes, and it could be tweeked every 2 years. We need to be known for a certain style, and then stick to it. Keeping changing to look like The Rangers bugs the hell out of me, and its something we are better keeping away from IMO.

RED AND BLUE, OR BLUE AND RED STRIPES, ITS A MUST.

I have come up with a few reasons why fans don't get input on strips.

Novelty: Most shirts are bought soon after the release date, the impulse factor would be lost

Too many kooks: those who don't get what they want may be less likely to buy

Designers: Even with a fan design, the finished article is different, and may lead to some umbridge

Big cheeses: sponsors, investors, manufacturer, board, players, etc. may have other ideas

Designers 2: often they hold the cards, and don't like being told what to do

Fair point Kirishma but I just thought it would be nice to have some fan involvement for our 20th anniversary.

Personally I'm not a fan of a 94/95 replica, I just put it out there as a suggestion.....and it's pretty evident already it wouldn't go down well anyway.

A blue red vertical even striped shirt like the 95/96 would be perfect imho! However I'll still like to see a return to white shorts. A blue/red striped shirt with blue shorts and socks is all to much like Barca/Palace, even Viktoria Plzen had that combo against Citeh. I'm pretty certain we would be the only club in Europe to have blue/red stripes and white shorts, and if we are to make an assault on Europe, it would be nice to have our own identity in that sense!

Taking this years Barcelona top as an example, I think our top next year should be like that with Red and Blue stripes and a black collar with a special crest for the 20th anniversary!

Edited by ICTRoughi

Ahhh yes a special crest. We could go out for all gold like Swansea did last year.

@Kirishma. Its not the fans who desing the shirt. At FC United, their kit suppliers (O'niels) present 4 Different types of design to the fans whom then vote on which one they want. So in our case Errea would draw up 2/3 different Designs then we vote on what we want.

• Agree 1

I also like these...football_shirt_22558_1_376x450x0.jpghttp://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/169/thumbs/football_shirt_1218_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_29626_1_376x450x0.jpg

And the one which Ritchie and Gil (his biggest contribution to the team no less) so expertly modelled was great too.

Can you see the running theme yet?

As much as I like the idea of celebrating the clubs 20th, surely the club would choose to honour our 25th - quarter century - birthday. Can't see them putting in the effort for both and it would appear a little more common place..