New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

Good question givemeacccc

At FC United the clubs co owners vote for what the new shirt should be. There are usually 4 shirts to choose from. But even clubs like Darlington and Oldham get their season ticket holders to vote for the new shirt. I wish our club could do this. Another insentive to buy a season ticket.

Who makes the decision as to what the new strips look like? Is it the Chairman, manager, committee, fans, groundsman.........

I could be off base here but I believe the board make a final decision based on a few options Errea give them after the club give them a rough outline of what they are thinking. (eg. we want stripes, or we want a solid colour etc).  

We are not and never have been a big player who can dictate terms to Errea because of level of sales, so we will normally get a customised version of a stock design from their current catalogue ... The current home shirt for example is model "TorBay" (although having said that I cant find our current away shirt in any of the Errea catalogues). 

No. 2 of above looks nice. Does ICT suffer from a bit of an identity crisis? What is ICTs colour? Blue and Red 50/50 or 40/40 and 10 black? this season it was 90 blue... Still better that than being black and white like St.Mirren...hard to get excited over new strips for them I imagine.

I'm sure fans of all clubs worry what's coming for their next strip! Using St Mirren as an example, even though they're black and white stripes with black shorts, they've not been immune to the tweaking of tradition! Even the number of stripes gets altered on a regular basis and the colour of shorts seems to alternate from black to white.

They even had a half-and-half shirt as recently as 1995 - I'm sure that would've split the fans' opinions!

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

the Errea strip designer is quite good - shame about the limited options though !! Try the rugby shirts Rene, or the casual gear... you'll get some weird and eclectic designs there !!!