New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

Noticed with both St Mirren & Ross County that they have the big Cabrini logo on the sleeves....pretty sure they'll not be on the match worn shirts as they breech the current guidelines in terms of amount of advertising space that can be used and the logo is bigger than the SPFL badge, which is also a no no.

Check the state of St Mirren's new home kit!

Not too bad

Looks a bit like the corridor carpets in the Isle of Mull Hotel.

Congratulations Fraz, you win the Most Random Post of the Month Award for May!

• Agree 1

Do you think we'd sell more shirts if gave one of the players a crazy number?

You know, give Mckay the number 1 or something!

Give him the number 3 million and then it would double up as a price tag for any scouts watching him

:happy:

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 1

Do you think we'd sell more shirts if gave one of the players a crazy number?

You know, give Mckay the number 1 or something!

Current best selling shirt numbers in Toronto - who have had numbers ranging from 1-96 over the years - are #4 (Michael Bradley) and #18 (Jermain Defoe). In the past, #14 (Danny Koevermans/Dwayne DeRosario) and #22 (Torsten Frings) were popular and I have seen quite a few #30 Julio Cesar goalie shirts this year even though he only played 7 times on loan for us and may go back to QPR after the World Cup.

Leads me to believe its most definitely the person inside the shirt that dictates popularity rather than some silly numbering. 

Aye, but as good as Billy Mckay is, he's not quite as good or as famous as Defoe is he?  Same with Bradley - Draper's not *quite* as good!

I always like to see one unusual/crazy number in a team.  The Athletic striker Toquero wearing number 2 for example or Zamorano wearing 1+8!  There's a keeper in Peru that wears number 3 as well!

I always like to see one unusual/crazy number in a team.  The Athletic striker Toquero wearing number 2 for example or Zamorano wearing 1+8!  There's a keeper in Peru that wears number 3 as well!

Joe Bendik, TFC current keeper wears #12 and previous first choice goalie Stefan Frei wore #24, even Julio Cesar wore #30. Chris Konopka, the 3rd choice keeper wears #1 !!!

Strangest number at TFC was 96 worn by Jeff Cunningham who had scored 96 MLS goals when he signed for TFC. He only scored 3 goals for us in 2007/08 to take him up to 99 but was traded after missing a goal-line sitter that have taken TFC to the Concacaf Champions League group stage. I have never seen any fans with #96 at TFC !!!! Think he went to a 'normal' number after that .... In 2011 he wore 33 for Columbus but now apparently on trial for a team in Vietnam after a stint with the San Antonio Scorpions. Only other weird number fact seems to be that TFC has had 4 players wear the #13 shirt including current captain Steven Caldwell. 

Hicham Zerouali wore #0 (Zero) at Aberdeen.

Derek Riordan wore #1 when he first signed for Hibs as #9 and #10 were both taken (Fletcher/Nish)

Ossie Ardiles wore #1 at the 1982 World Cup (numbers were allocated alphabetically - except for Maradona's)

Mexico's Jorge Campos liked to wear #9 as he started as a striker

Lizarazu wore #69 at Bayern (claimed it was because of his year of birth - 1969, and height - 1.69m)

Victor Baia wore #99 in the Champions league for Porto

Hooper of course wore number 88 for Celtic and Wanyama wore 67.  It'll be interesting to see if their shirts sold more on average as a result.

This brings me onto another point.  Why do we never have a number 13?  I know McAllister wore it one year and I think Golabek did in a friendly once but apart from that, there's never been another I don't think.  It's just nonsense.  We can have a number 23 but not a number 13.  Why?  Reminds me of that thing the comedian Mitch Hedburg said once:

"If the number 13 is unlucky, so should the letter B be, because a B looks like a scrunched together 13!"

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Joe Bendik, TFC current keeper wears #12 and previous first choice goalie Stefan Frei wore #24, even Julio Cesar wore #30. Chris Konopka, the 3rd choice keeper wears #1 !!!

Strangest number at TFC was 96 worn by Jeff Cunningham who had scored 96 MLS goals when he signed for TFC. He only scored 3 goals for us in 2007/08 to take him up to 99 but was traded after missing a goal-line sitter that have taken TFC to the Concacaf Champions League group stage. I have never seen any fans with #96 at TFC !!!! Think he went to a 'normal' number after that .... In 2011 he wore 33 for Columbus but now apparently on trial for a team in Vietnam after a stint with the San Antonio Scorpions. Only other weird number fact seems to be that TFC has had 4 players wear the #13 shirt including current captain Steven Caldwell. 

Hicham Zerouali wore #0 (Zero) at Aberdeen.

Derek Riordan wore #1 when he first signed for Hibs as #9 and #10 were both taken (Fletcher/Nish)

Ossie Ardiles wore #1 at the 1982 World Cup (numbers were allocated alphabetically - except for Maradona's)

Mexico's Jorge Campos liked to wear #9 as he started as a striker

Lizarazu wore #69 at Bayern (claimed it was because of his year of birth - 1969, and height - 1.69m)

Victor Baia wore #99 in the Champions league for Porto

Riordan actually wore 01 (10 backwards). I am sure you can all make up your own jokes..

This brings me onto another point.  Why do we never have a number 13?  I know McAllister wore it one year and I think Golabek did in a friendly once but apart from that, there's never been another I don't think.  It's just nonsense.  We can have a number 23 but not a number 13.  Why? 

Don't think its a case of 'can't' have #13, its not banned or anything, think its a case of superstition for some players or teams and they just don't choose to wear the number. 

This brings me onto another point.  Why do we never have a number 13?  I know McAllister wore it one year and I think Golabek did in a friendly once but apart from that, there's never been another I don't think.  It's just nonsense.  We can have a number 23 but not a number 13.  Why? 

Don't think its a case of 'can't' have #13, its not banned or anything, think its a case of superstition for some players or teams and they just don't choose to wear the number. 

I know that, I just think it's silly that people still have these superstitions in this day and age.  It's like people who number their house 12A!  I think in China number 4 is considered unlucky.  People scared of these things need to get a life.

I know that, I just think it's silly that people still have these superstitions in this day and age.  It's like people who number their house 12A!  I think in China number 4 is considered unlucky.  People scared of these things need to get a life.

It's interesting the myths and legends behind these things though. One theory I've heard is it comes from the stories of the Norse gods.

Twelve of the gods were invited to celebrate the feast of Freya - the midwinter festival which marks the return of the light.

Loki, the trickster god wasn't invited but he gatecrashed -making thirteen.

To show his displeasure, he tricked the blind god Hodur into shooting the god of spring Baldur the Bright, with an arrow made of mistletoe.

With no spring, the endless winter of Ragnarok started.

Friday = frjá-dagr in old Norse - so Friday 13th is considered particularly unlucky.

• Agree 1

It's interesting the myths and legends behind these things though. One theory I've heard is it comes from the stories of the Norse gods.

Twelve of the gods were invited to celebrate the feast of Freya - the midwinter festival which marks the return of the light.

Loki, the trickster god wasn't invited but he gatecrashed -making thirteen.

To show his displeasure, he tricked the blind god Hodur into shooting the god of spring Baldur the Bright, with an arrow made of mistletoe.

With no spring, the endless winter of Ragnarok started.

Friday = frjá-dagr in old Norse - so Friday 13th is considered particularly unlucky.

Thursday is Thor's day, but he and Loki love one another  really.

post-4861-0-81920900-1402345876.jpg

Getting slightly   :offtopic01:  here though...

Eusebio wore #13 in the '66 World Cup - didn't seem to do him any harm (Golden Boot)!

Think I'm right in saying that Michael Fraser was the only the player in SPL history to change his squad number mid-season.  When Mark Brown went to Celtic, he obviously had the number 1 jersey and Fraser wore 21 (IIRC).  Fraser's first game as our first choice was at home in a 3-0 win against Hibs (he wore gold as I recall) and then wore 21 in a 2-1 defeat to Celtic the following week (Wilson had a cracker of game!).  The following week he turned out wearing the number 1.  I can't think of any other player who's changed number mid-season.  In-fact, I didn't even think you'd be allowed!

Edited by Renegade

I remember Buffon had to revise plans to wear the number 88 shirt (at lazio I think) due to supposed fascist links. To do with H being the 8th letter in the alphabet. 88 = HH, Heil Hitler. A load of nonsense I'd imagine. He probably just liked the number.

I'd chose 69....