New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

What's the deal with the goalkeeper kits next season?  Are they doing to stay the same (albeit with Subway stuck on them)?

Also, would we not save money having Dean Brill use the black away kit instead of a separate black goalie jersey?  Hibs used to do this.

article-1246611-080C803F000005DC-187_468_48935066_makalambay_sns.jpg

New Home Kit should be revealed by mid-July (sooner if possible).

Crazy how long we take to release new replica strips I would have thought like season tickets the priority would be to get as many as possible sold ASAP so the money is in the bank and could be made available to Yogi for squad additions or ground improvements

Regardless whether it's the clubs fault or the supplier it's time for better communication between the two in future

Dougal

• Agree 3

Crazy how long we take to release new replica strips I would have thought like season tickets the priority would be to get as many as possible sold ASAP so the money is in the bank and could be made available to Yogi for squad additions or ground improvements

Regardless whether it's the clubs fault or the supplier it's time for better communication between the two in future

Dougal

:yawn01:

Dougal

:yawn01:

Typical reply to a very valid point
  • Agree 2

It's the only response that should be given to any troll.

Dougal can often be controversial and sometimes divisive but he is a regular contributor and, whether you or indeed I agree with it or not, seems to make a reasonable enough point. I really don't see how it can be dismissed as trolling.

• Agree 2

Dougal

Dougal, and those who liked your post. Has it ever crossed your mind that we dont take long to release a kit. Is it not obvious by now that mid-July is the time we have released kit since using Errea. All clubs have a time of year when they release such. We choose July.

How is it not? For someone who consistently goes against the current trend of thought, actively chases and discusses negative topics and to an extent puts a negative spin on most things.. Can he be taken seriously.

To what extent is a "contribution".. a contribution?

• Agree 1

It's the only response that should be given to any troll.

Dougal can often be controversial and sometimes divisive but he is a regular contributor and, whether you or indeed I agree with it or not, seems to make a reasonable enough point. I really don't see how it can be dismissed as trolling.

In that case, I suggest you research the term in relation to it's use in this instance...you may be able to see it then!

CaleyD you clearly dislike Dougal intensely but in this instance he makes an entirely valid point. The annual shambles surrounding the release of our strips is frankly an embarrassment to both the club and Errea. Ymip jr has given up asking when it's coming out and has splashed his cash elsewhere. Every club in the league releases their strip ahead of the school holidays and pre-season. Clearly the commercial department (sic) at ICT know better. Defending the indefensible.....as per.

• Agree 3

CaleyD you clearly dislike Dougal intensely but in this instance he makes an entirely valid point. The annual shambles surrounding the release of our strips is frankly an embarrassment to both the club and Errea. Ymip jr has given up asking when it's coming out and has splashed his cash elsewhere. Every club in the league releases their strip ahead of the school holidays and pre-season. Clearly the commercial department (sic) at ICT know better. Defending the indefensible.....as per.

Not true...last I checked less than half the teams had new shirts for sale.

No secret that our shirts were held up this season due to late change in sponsor/s. Not ideal, but it is what it is and I imagine most fans accept the importance of those deals to the clubs finances.

Those who choose to ignore the info to hand (not just on this subject) and constantly try to stir the shit are, IMO, Trolls...and should be dealt with as such under the forums guidelines.

I think a good few many people are just impatient, very impatient.

Bless, I know new club kits are the highlight to anyone's pre-season and just because one or two clubs being them out prior to ourselves, it's considered a shambles?

Frankly rediculous comment to make. Now, I'm no master in behind the scenes work at football clubs but why not contact the club if the eager few feel they can save us from the hilarity and embarresment and do the work to get our kits out when us fans so demand it. Go on.

Perhaps a wee sneak peek of the chosen design if available would appease the masses hungry for their new strip fix.

ETA: I couldn't care less about the release date, I just hope the sponsor doesn't have the 'eat fresh' tag line.

Edited by Fraz

I also think the late arrival of the strip is a poor show and it seems to happen on a regular occurrence regardless of a new sponsor or not. Its school holiday time and I am sure a lots of kids going away on holiday would love to have the new strip with them on their travels. However I am not sure how much of this is down to the club or Errea. 

Not true...last I checked less than half the teams had new shirts for sale.

No secret that our shirts were held up this season due to late change in sponsor/s. Not ideal, but it is what it is and I imagine most fans accept the importance of those deals to the clubs finances.

Those who choose to ignore the info to hand (not just on this subject) and constantly try to stir the **** are, IMO, Trolls...and should be dealt with as such under the forums guidelines.

Not true

Currently

Kilmarnock who are also with errea

Aberdeen

Dundee utd

County

Celtic

St mirren

St Johnstone

And Patrick have all released theirs makin us in the heavy minority of clubs to not even preview ours

Now I stop short of statements like it's pathetic but it's not great either

How many of them can you actually buy though? Kilmarnock I know isn't on sale yet (expected same time as us). St Mirren only just available for pre-order. St J's only just gone on sale....not sure about others.

Just to be clear...I too would love to see kits being available sooner.  I have also been one of those who has complained about it in the past....however, that was back when the club weren't always so great with the communication.

As I said already, we have a situation here which is not ideal, but there is good reason which is beyond the clubs (and Errea's) control.  Ignoring, or failing to recognise that, and just continuing to endlessly moan will change nothing.

Just to be clear...I too would love to see kits being available sooner.  I have also been one of those who has complained about it in the past....however, that was back when the club weren't always so great with the communication.

As I said already, we have a situation here which is not ideal, but there is good reason which is beyond the clubs (and Errea's) control.  Ignoring, or failing to recognise that, and just continuing to endlessly moan will change nothing.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes in getting a new shirt organised but as Subway were announced a the shirt sponsor nearly 2 months ago is that a valid reason for the delay ?

Personally, I don't think its 'delay', it always seems to be 'pecking order' although on this occasion we do seem to have an element of delay due to the new sponsor !!!

ICT are an extremely small fish in a far larger pond. We would sell what, maybe 1000 replica shirts a season if we are lucky? It may never be confirmed but IMHO Errea will always put us further down the list compared to teams where the sales will be higher ... and that likely includes Kilmarnock. Adidas? Nike? anyone else? different shirts perhaps but the same scenario .... money talks and these guys are all about money.

Where I do see the grumbles having legitimacy is the delay in showing the supporters what the kit looks like and maybe building some interest. That's largely a marketing decision, but I have seen situations in the past where Errea take months to provide anything other than a drawing (ie. a physical kit) and most supporters want to see the real thing, worn by one of the players not a conceptual drawing .....

In a perfect world we would have our strip announced at the end of the previous season, and available for sale during the off-season ..... but its not a perfect world !