New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

Jhesus do you think that the rocket attack on the Air Malaysia plane will further delay the unveiling of the new strip. It is just like waiting for a Subway to be cut, filled and toasted.

And the end result is just as depressing :-SS

Edited to add:

I meant as the rocket attack not the new strip

Edited by ferben1994

The club will be wearing the new kit tomorrow at Starks park.  Can't wait to see it.

:stir:

seems unlikely as raith play in navy. reckon they will be in the white strip like when we play county.

Raith's current home kit is white, so quite likely. 

Are we the last club in the SPFL to launch our 2014-2015 kit?

I believe so now yes, goin by pie and bovril I cant think of any other team that has not at least previewed their strips now barrin us :-(

Clearly saving the best till last.

It'll be here when it's here. Dont see the issue really. Why does anyone need it before the start of the season anyway?

• Agree 1

Are we the last club in the SPFL to launch our 2014-2015 kit?

I believe so now yes, goin by pie and bovril I cant think of any other team that has not at least previewed their strips now barrin us :-(

Clearly saving the best till last.

It'll be here when it's here. Dont see the issue really. Why does anyone need it before the start of the season anyway? who wears the replica shirts? Mostly children and teenagers. If their teams top isn't out during the summer they maybe swayed by a premiership kit or a barca top that is available in the city centre.

Most kids like to have their top for the summer holidays, I loved those endless summer nights as a kid playing football and wearing my favourite new top. Having them for going away abroad and showing off your teams colours and being proud of it.

I think a few people on here forget what it's like to be a kid. Get the shirts out for the younger generation! We all know we can wait a few extra weeks but it's a bit rubbish for them.

Carry on the chat from Partick wearing the cancer logo. Would of been nice if we could do something similar with Prostate Cancer seen as the club was the first in the SPFl to back it. Even something similar like they have done down south. Doesn't always have to be about the donation front, the awareness side is just as important. 

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20140523/the-football-league-plays-numbers-game-in-support-of-charity_2305626_3852277

I do hope the new strip is out before the trip down to Birmingham but its not a huge deal if its not. A craola drawn diagram of what it will look like would be nice though!

Those (like me) hoping for stripes may be disappointed. It's blue but very diifferent.

P.S

The sponsors logo (with the "eat fresh") looks good on the shirt.

How much red/white/black is on it?

Good idea but what if the people who decide what it should look like don't actually buy it.

The latest designs have been the best sellers in 20 years and seem the most popular with the youth.

I like stripes but younger fans tell me they're old fashioned, ( george best etc)

Good idea but what if the people who decide what it should look like don't actually buy it.

The latest designs have been the best sellers in 20 years and seem the most popular with the youth.

I like stripes but younger fans tell me they're old fashioned, ( george best etc)

I see Glentoran charge £1 per vote.  Say every season ticket holder voted, that'd be at least £2,000 more in the bank for a start.  I don't buy that stripes look old fashioned.  Do Celtic's hoops look old fashioned and thus need changing?  Or what about Arsenal's red shirts with white sleeves number?  These may be "old" but they are essential elements of the club's identities.  Whether the more recent ones might have sold well is one thing, but we've been trying to create our own identity for quite a while now.  Continuing to look like a mini-Rangers, will do nothing to further that IMO.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Make sure you've got plans to be at the Fleetwood game  :whistle:

Teasing us with words rather than pictures this year, CaleyD :laugh:  I'm assuming Sunday will be the reveal....

Unless the Courier run a picture of the new kit, either tomorrow or Friday, with (probably) Richie Foran modelling it!

There will surely be stripes, surely! - if not, I fear there's an insidious effort to phase them out - in which case my mouse will be pointing in the direction of the Merger Talk thread!!!