New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

As I said on another thread I had no particular affiliation to either Caley or Thistle pre merger, however I do think our history should be respected and that the club should have more of an identity when it comes to our strip, blue and red stripes for me all day long  

• Agree 1

I think it would be cool if we had an alternating home kit so blue this year then the next home kit would be red and black etc. I don't think any other teams do anything like it.

There is a very good reason why no club does anything like that.  A clubs home colours should be instantly recognisable.

• Agree 2

...this constant changing of kit is pathetic.

...can't we find an identity, a unity, a consistent set of colours that we're recognised by?

These bits sum it up for me.

It's clear the majority consensus is for Red & Blue stripes.

Why is this so hard for those who make the decisions to understand?

I hope this is a wind up.

When asked who I support I always say Inverness, down in England mostreply with Inverness Caledonian Thistle? Clearly having one of be longest names in football sticks in people's minds. Until we have blue and red polka dots I personally won't be happy. We could avoid this whole debacle by just playing shirts v skins and not bothering with a strip.

• Agree 1

The last home kit was a good one but despite being a former Caley fan I would go down the identity route with more red and go for the blue/red stripes which is unique currently in Scottish football.

ado-den-haag-thuisshirt-2014.jpg

This is the new Ado Den Haag home kit, it would be a cracking kit for us if using in that template the green was swapped for blue and the yellow swapped for red with both white and black used in the fine detail.

Edited by Snafu
  • Agree 3

I quite like the Ado Den Haag strip as it is.  No blue and no red.  Change the name simply to Inverness FC and we can move forward supporting the new club with a clear identity of it's own with no one whinging about whether the identity of one of the merged clubs is more prominent in the kit or the name than the other.  Having a name that is a constant reminder of the past, keeps the pot stirring and gives us an identity crisis - and folk on here wonder why the wider football community doesn't take us seriously enough!

I quite like the Ado Den Haag strip as it is.  No blue and no red.  Change the name simply to Inverness FC and we can move forward supporting the new club with a clear identity of it's own with no one whinging about whether the identity of one of the merged clubs is more prominent in the kit or the name than the other.  Having a name that is a constant reminder of the past, keeps the pot stirring and gives us an identity crisis - and folk on here wonder why the wider football community doesn't take us seriously enough!

I never realised there was an identity crisis regarding the club and how it is perceived by our own fans on what other football fans think about the club.

Never realised we were a joke club either considering what the club has achieved in its short history. We have earned respect from a lot of people involved in football and from supporters from other clubs.

I been away from the site for a few months and what's changed?. Have the Dingle County supporters and the 'flat earthers' got folks this rattled over the club's identity?

I wear the ICT colours with pride, f**k 'em.

• Agree 5

I quite like the Ado Den Haag strip as it is. No blue and no red. Change the name simply to Inverness FC and we can move forward supporting the new club with a clear identity of it's own with no one whinging about whether the identity of one of the merged clubs is more prominent in the kit or the name than the other. Having a name that is a constant reminder of the past, keeps the pot stirring and gives us an identity crisis - and folk on here wonder why the wider football community doesn't take us seriously enough!

I never realised there was an identity crisis regarding the club and how it is perceived by our own fans on what other football fans think about the club.

Never realised we were a joke club either considering what the club has achieved in its short history. We have earned respect from a lot of people involved in football and from supporters from other clubs.

I been away from the site for a few months and what's changed?. Have the Dingle County supporters and the 'flat earthers' got folks this rattled over the club's identity?

Am takin it your not the same snafu thats all over every rangers thread on pie and bovril

I quite like the Ado Den Haag strip as it is. No blue and no red. Change the name simply to Inverness FC and we can move forward supporting the new club with a clear identity of it's own with no one whinging about whether the identity of one of the merged clubs is more prominent in the kit or the name than the other. Having a name that is a constant reminder of the past, keeps the pot stirring and gives us an identity crisis - and folk on here wonder why the wider football community doesn't take us seriously enough!

Am takin it your not the same snafu thats all over every rangers thread on pie and bovril

Is that relevant ?

Here's the new Cheltenham kit - 

BtDG2_HIYAAZX7z.jpg

Something like that would('ve) look(ed) pretty cool IMO.

I am not sure that Richie would not be keen on the strip being two sizes too small, the tiara and the lipstick to match the top. However I am sure the rest of his team mate's smiles would match the photo.

I wonder, is the club going for a predominantly blue home kit lately and bringing in that "Thistle" looking away kit, to try and attract refuseniks to come?  If so, that ain't going to work.

I've said it before and will say it again.

I have had a sneaky feeling ever since seeing the new half n half club scarf that the new shirt will also be blue and red halves each, FC Basle-esque. If so, i would be delighted!

I've said it before and will say it again.

I have had a sneaky feeling ever since seeing the new half n half club scarf that the new shirt will also be blue and red halves each, FC Basle-esque. If so, i would be delighted!

Killie third kit template. I have spotted we have the same training tops as them but our colours.

• Agree 1

Spanish 3rd tier club, Cultural Leonesa have had a novelty kit for pre-season. A tuxedo themed top - it's been so well received that the club are going to use it as their change strip! Totally quirky and completely unique. It would be like playing against waiters!

post-3020-0-77398200-1406060673.jpgpost-3020-0-51035200-1406060692_thumb.jppost-3020-0-34123800-1406060706.jpg

• Agree 2