New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

Heard a rumour that this shirt will only be around for a year. As of next year the club will bring out a new home and away shirt at the start of every season, like what County and pretty much everyone else does.

Any truth in this?

A good way of the club making more money. That would me around £80 a season just on tops. Not a fan of that idea.

As others have said, I'll have to wait to see it in the flesh before I make a proper judgement, but I think it's alright.  I don't hate it and I certainly think it's better than last season's (not difficult though!), but I do think some of the designs submitted on here were better and stripes would still be my preference (though that hooped design looked alright).  Again as others have said, had the middle stripe been solid red or black in the middle in might have looked even better.  Also, it might just be the light but it looks like a different shade of blue and is there no black in it at all?

All in all, by no means our worst kit ever, but not what I would have gone for.  A 6.5/10 from me.

Edited by Renegade

It's odd, I was speaking to someone at the club yesterday and strangely the most recent and other non striped strips sell far better than the striped ones. Last home strip was the best selling ever bar the 'named' one. Going by people's view on here stripes are the massive prefrence.

I can only assume that either many of the stripe fans don't bother to buy the strips or or the majority of srtips sold are to a demographic not on CTO. I don't know the breakdown but I'd imagine that there's far more kids and jnr strips sold than adults. Obviously it seems the kids like the different designs and if that's your biggest market I suppose it makes sense to keep it happy..

• Agree 1

I am sure it will sell well. As our support is made up of more and more of the younger generation each year then a new top to be purchased is a new top whatever the design.

Never been a big fan of Errea`s products over the seasons and having now seen it up close my opinion has not changed any - the socks and shorts are ok.

Just out of interest is the Errea deal a year on year rolling contract or was a multi season contract signed up to?

Went in to buy another shirt today (my wife has claimed the first one) and a guy dressed head to foot in Celtic gear came in the shop. I thought to my self " They better not be selling him tickets for the Celtic game". Imagine my shock when he bought a new shirt for his ICT supporting son. Fair cheered me up.

• Agree 11

Went in to buy another shirt today (my wife has claimed the first one) and a guy dressed head to foot in Celtic gear came in the shop. I thought to my self " They better not be selling him tickets for the Celtic game". Imagine my shock when he bought a new shirt for his ICT supporting son. Fair cheered me up.

From small acorns...

Now that's what you call a good dad.

• Agree 1

In light of revealing our new sponsor, a couple of kits I wouldn't mind seeing being made our own. Stupidly simple and in distant hope that Subway were to use their logo minus the slogan, I'de be more than happy with either home kit. Based on current season templates though and assuming we're remaining with Errea.

2wcelu8.jpg

a4py5l.jpg

xcj0jn.jpg

Remember these beauties? I certainly would rather swap either of the top two for the current mess tbh! And going by the comments from people at the time these were shown, im not the only one. In fact the praise shown for both these shirts were greater than what I've seen the past couple of days.

This reminds me of a club called FC United (oh no not them again). They allow the fans/co-owners to design AND vote for their favourite shirt. And they also feel that £36 is a just price for a piece of polyester.

Just imagine us, the fans, were allowed to design and vote for our favourite shirt. We would have been given one of these true ICT shirts. But instead we were given a knock off Rangers top by our 'know-all' board and have been given the priveledge of shelling out £45 for it...

Ps. Its more likely that the last home shirt was popular because the team were doing well and not because of the design.

• Agree 3

In light of revealing our new sponsor, a couple of kits I wouldn't mind seeing being made our own. Stupidly simple and in distant hope that Subway were to use their logo minus the slogan, I'de be more than happy with either home kit. Based on current season templates though and assuming we're remaining with Errea.

2wcelu8.jpg

a4py5l.jpg

xcj0jn.jpg

Remember these beauties? I certainly would rather swap either of the top two for the current mess tbh! And going by the comments from people at the time these were shown, im not the only one. In fact the praise shown for both these shirts were greater than what I've seen the past couple of days.

This reminds me of a club called FC United (oh no not them again). They allow the fans/co-owners to design AND vote for their favourite shirt. And they also feel that £36 is a just price for a piece of polyester.

Just imagine us, the fans, were allowed to design and vote for our favourite shirt. We would have been given one of these true ICT shirts. But instead we were given a knock off Rangers top by our 'know-all' board and have been given the priveledge of shelling out £45 for it...

Ps. Its more likely that the last home shirt was popular because the team were doing well and not because of the design.

Not a fan of the new strip then? I quite like it and treated mysel to it today.

I have no problem with the new shirt. Infact i prefer it to the last home shirt as there is clearly a lot more red which is a good thing. I'll probably end up buying it at sompoint aswell as ive purchased every shirt since 2001.

However the point im trying to make is when i compare the new shirt to what we could have had, then i feel maybe now is the time for fans to have more of an active say in the design of a new shirt. What do people think?

I have no problem with the new shirt. Infact i prefer it to the last home shirt as there is clearly a lot more red which is a good thing. I'll probably end up buying it at sompoint aswell as ive purchased every shirt since 2001.

However the point im trying to make is when i compare the new shirt to what we could have had, then i feel maybe now is the time for fans to have more of an active say in the design of a new shirt. What do people think?

Personally I've no interest in having a say it's really not that huge an issue to me. Even if you give fans a say you'll still end up with people not happy, perhaps more so as they never got 'their' design.

ETA- I'm also a wee bit confused, you refer to the new strip as a mess in your previous post and go on quite a rant, now you say you don't have a problem with it.

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

If striped tops would sell as well as the non-striped tops I'm certain the club would go down that route. The fact is they don't and at the end of the day ICT is a business aiming to make money and if the who are going to buy the top prefer non-stripes then that's what they'll provide.

• Agree 1

Is sacrificing the creation of an identifiable club identity worth it to sell a few more jerseys?  A shame if that's the case.  If so, what is ICT?  A business yes, but is this a football club or just some franchise?

If stripes look so terrible, why do you see kids many kids in Barcelona kits?  Stripes have never done the likes of Newcastle or Sunderland or Argentina any harm and until now, I didn't realise it had done us any harm either!  In fact here's an idea, maybe if say, St Mirren or even Juventus switched to say white tops they'd sell more kits and thus make more money.  After all, kids like them and making money is the only thing the matters apparently!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Is sacrificing the creation of an identifiable club identity worth it to sell a few more jerseys?  A shame if that's the case.  If so, what is ICT?  A business yes, but is this a football club or just some franchise?

Exactly. Ofcourse, clubs of all shapes and sizes.. want to make profits but how much are we willing to sell out and sacrifice to do that? I'm not saying we are in that frame but if that at somepoint along the line, is, then  - although extreme to say - at what point do we become a business with a trade.. rather that a football club. 

I don't believe there are any folk out there that actively hate stripes or constantly crave solid blue and more so, that they just don't mind at all what we are. Close knit community club where fans are happy to buy kits to show who they support and in turn, support the club just because it's the norm. 

If folk say last seasons home top was the best seller to date, then how significant a difference in takings is it from the next closest? or the next closest striped top? Is it enough to justify chopping and changing our kit design every few seasons to haul a few more pennies.. rather than hammer home an identity? Certainly feels like we're a "do and take whatever fits our fancy this year" outfit. 

I like the stripes and I don't think they terrible at all but others mustn't like them if they don't sell as well. Quite a number of people I've spoken to actually seem to like the fact we don't repeat the same strip year after year with tweaks and change things up instead. Though of course there is milage too in having a consistent 'brand image'. If they did go with a consistent look who's to say it would be stripes anyway? At the end of the day the most important thing about the shirt is the club crest.

Surely though by selling more strips and having more kids (and adults) wearing them out and about helps develop the club's identity and gets ICT better ingrained in the local psyche. Quite frankly keeping kids interested in the club is the only way ICT will live on in the future and if having strips that they apparently like helps to do that then great.

Is sacrificing the creation of an identifiable club identity worth it to sell a few more jerseys? A shame if that's the case. If so, what is ICT? A business yes, but is this a football club or just some franchise?

If stripes look so terrible, why do you see kids many kids in Barcelona kits? Stripes have never done the likes of Newcastle or Sunderland or Argentina any harm and until now, I didn't realise it had done us any harm either! In fact there's an idea, maybe if say, St Mirren or even Juventus switched to say white tops they'd sell more kits and thus make more money. After all, kids like them and making money is the only thing the matters apparently!

That's a good point and its good to build up the ICT brand. Perhaps stripes every 2nd kit change. I think its ICTs good work with the youth that sell the brand moreso than the design.

There are otherways to promote Ict. I popped in to the Celtic shop today, the shop is mainly shirts wall to wall and some tat onthe wall behind the counter, I hope I didnt stand out too much in a royal blue t shirt, I wanted to see what they sell, I think we can promote our colours in other ways too, selling the right kind of gear in the shop.

Edited by 12th Man

If changes every single season are required to keep the money rolling in then we are in trouble because it means that the fans are still not trundling through the turnstiles  to keep the club alive, functioning with energy and building the rainy-day funds.

Of the three tops shown I Iike all of them but those in the two heavy red accents would look a lot better if they were narrow stripes instead of block ones ,IMHO.

When a color is used as an accent, especially when it is a color of energy and vibrancy (red) it is better to use it strictly as an accent for the club colours, namely blue and not as a predominant one competing for a place in the scheme of things against the ICT blue.

You can see the neat contrast on the dark coloured strip except for the fact that there are, IMHO, still too many red stripes. Cutting down on the number will make this away kit look very classy indeed.

Just a thought or two.