A Picture of Heaven

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Oh my.

I.H.E.   Unless you stop, I am going to have a bigger and bigger lump in my throat.

Charles I think you are correct in the dates.

What's that long road on the right of the picture? is it Fairfield Road by any chance?

Scarlet, it is Rangemore Road to the right of the High School crossing Dochfour Drive to Caledonian Road.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Canal was last drained in 2006 and that would sound about right.

Don and Bridgit opened the pub in the mid to late 90s and although the new owners had long since chased all the regulars and ICT fans out to our new home in the Innes at least a couple of years before I moved over here in 2003, it was still keeping its head above water for a while.

Looks like it was up for lease and you can see Carl skulking about in the photo below which says its from 2007 and in the second photo below which was apparently taken in 2009 it seems to have lost its chimney. This timeline seems to back up the comments on urbarred.com that suggest it closed in 2008. Looked very similar to the second picture when I last went past it in 2013. 

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/87207/details/caledonian+canal+inverness+muirtown+locks+lock+keeper+s+cottage/

60.jpg

The_Caley_Inn_-_geograph.org.uk_-_126574

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vince Robb's Bon Accord, I remember the lorries going around the streets with about 10 kids hanging on the back going round the doors selling the lemonade!

I worked there, in Anderson St, as a student during my holidays of 1971-72 when Vince's dad Tommy Robb was in charge and Roy Lobban was his number two. Thery gave me a van or a small truck to go round the Highlands getting new customers. The wages were £10 a week plus 5p per dozen commission. On one occasion Tommy handed me the keys of Vince's Cotrina to go on an errand and it was only when I found myself at the other end of the street that I realised how souped up the thing was!

Vince Robb's Bon Accord, I remember the lorries going around the streets with about 10 kids hanging on the back going round the doors selling the lemonade!

I worked there, in Anderson St, as a student during my holidays of 1971-72 when Vince's dad Tommy Robb was in charge and Roy Lobban was his number two. Thery gave me a van or a small truck to go round the Highlands getting new customers. The wages were £10 a week plus 5p per dozen commission. On one occasion Tommy handed me the keys of Vince's Cotrina to go on an errand and it was only when I found myself at the other end of the street that I realised how souped up the thing was!

Is Vince Robb still alive Charles?

I have a couple of 80s ties, the light blue one as sported by the blazers circa 80-86, and the centenary one, in dark blue. Both crackers.

That's unfortunate - but they must have been cheap Tesco crackers - some of the more expensive ones have useful, fun items like a plastic moustache...!

post-3020-0-27621300-1422990424_thumb.jp