Inverness C.T. -V- Hibernian

Scotty

A good performance, though I have seen us better this season!

While Vincent seemed to be putting in a better shift this week as opposed to the last three games, I did think that we seemed to play better without him, with Ross down the middle and two out and out wingers on the field.  Mckay was good once again and on another day could've had four or five, while I thought Ben Greenhalgh (who didn't look up to much the last time I saw him play against Celtic in a reserve match) was outstanding.  Pace, distribution, work rate were all very good.

Overall, a good win and a hundred times better performance than Tuesday night in Dundee!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Very comfortable victory. Hibs had no threat at all up front. In fact, they were woeful. Other than a brief period after we took the lead and we resorted to a bit of hoofball, they offered nothing

If there's any criticism of Billy it's that he misses as many as he scores! He could have easily had a hat trick today, same as in most games I've seen him in this season. Other than that though, his all round game just gets better and better, and he must be a nightmare to play against.

Foran and Meekings were my stand outs today. Both were immense.

Hibs were guff, on that display they have less fight and leadership than midden, think they will have a hard season.

Brill had little to do but an outstanding save from our backline (warren I think). In spells we played well but at other times it was the long high ball tactic which doesn't work.

Billy seems to score hard goals but miss when one on one or from the spot, if only he could he start tucking more of those chances away too.

overall a good days work and back on top but we still are short of the earlier displays thus season. Crowds seem to be getting a little better too.

Another great win the day putting us back on top were we belong. Really thought hibs would have put up a better fight than what they did. Brill didnt have much to do the day but its always good to know he's there if the ball gets past the GREAT WALL of our defence. Meekings was stand out for me the day solid and good to see Warren back after the knock he took last week.

Crowd seems to be getting better hopefully that will keep up for the rest of the season

Superb performance and result. Much healthier crowd as well. That must be a few hundred extra turning up today to see that. Hopefully this is the turning point with the attendances.

Some really classy football on show today against a rank rotten Hibs side. What great character the players showed bouncing back after the last league game. Onwards!

Because it wasn't Ross he wanted to take off! He just called him over to the touchline to give him instructions, but Nick carried on walking thinking it was him being hooked.

Yeah , i just listened the Radio report :smile:

What happened was they told Steve Marsella to take Ross off so he put up number 11 for Nick Ross but he wanted Ross Draper off. Oops

Lots of plus points today although we had to wait till the 2nd half for most of them.  TBH there was not too much difference between the sides in the first half although we just had the edge. Greenhalgh got his chance and took it very well.  Both Polworth and Agdestein looked useful when they came on.  The minus point was the fact that they didn't come on sooner.

Terry has stated before that he has not had the chance to give the subs a decent bit of match time because the games have been too tight.  Today though we were 3 up on the hour mark and whilst the one substitution had been forced on us earlier, it was a golden opportunity to have given someone else 30 minutes.  Personally I think the one player who was poor today was Ross and Terry should have taken him of earlier and got a look at someone else.  I am often bewildered by the substitutions and was very surprised to learn after the game that he never actually intended to take Ross off.

Billy's 2nd was brilliant.  My MOTM.

After three less than convincing away performances we were back to close to our entertaining best today with Foran and Doran particularly outstanding if the latter was a little more composed in front of goal he would be the best player in the land. That said, some of the Hibs defending was woeful and in contrast to our own back four who must be the best we have ever had in the history of our club with all due respect to legends like Tokely and Munro.

Another encouraging aspect of today was that the home support seemed, by quite a margin, to be the highest of the season and, if this sort of entertainment and success goes on, will only increase.

The only slight disappointment was Nick Ross's 'simulation'. We don't need to resort to that. Last season was sensational and I, for one, am begining to dream that this one could be even better.

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game, the first half was pretty scrappy but for a period in the second when we were comfortably in the lead I thought we were passing the ball with a lot of confidence like earlier in the season. Looked as if Vincent got injured when he got the first knock and both teams kept playing. Was just a few minutes later d he went down again thought the guy Greenhailgh looked good in the second half after he got into the pace of the game. MOM for me was Meekings outstanding and bossed the hibsplayers, he always seemed a strong guy but seems to have got even more muscular this season and what a great save from brill from ravens header