Inverness C.T. -V- Hibernian

Scotty

Another great win. I'm glad to hear that Josh Meekings had another good game. I'm convinced he will end up at a really big club. Just a couple of weeks ago, at Reading Golf Club I was introduced to a guest called Barry Hunter, an ex Reading player, who was described as Liverpool's chief scout. I 'Googled' him when I got home to check, and he is! He was very professional when I asked if he had his eye on any of our players, and wouldn't be drawn about specific names. However, for my money it would be Meekings, even ahead of McKay. Let's wait and see.

Very satisfying win. Got over the defeat then. :cheer01:

Pipped Celtic again at the top and took advantage , apparently, of a lack-lustre Hibs team to score more goals.

At the end of the season all these goals will count.

And another big plus for me is the upward trending crowd figure. AT LAST!  C'mon in folks. All welcome. :cheer01:

• Agree 1

Started well, then it went a bit stale for the rest of first half, 2nd half we played some good stuff and Billy took the third really well.

Ben Greenhalgh looked the part and got in some good crosses, all in all a most enjoyable result and team getting stronger each game.

Cheers lads :clapoverhead:  :ictscarf:

Thanks Doch4 great to see the boys playing so well. Two of the goals did have a bit of luck but then we were unlucky not to score a few more so what goes around comes around.From what I could see in the highlights we were well worth our win.Good to hear of some prodigals returning.Welcome back!

• Agree 1

Scored 3 but yet again should have scored about 9. Was eager to see what sort of a response we would get from the Aberdeen game and the boys stepped up when it mattered. Lots of Hibs keepers seem to gift ICT players goals. Malkowksi, Ma Kalamby, Andy McNeil and Simon Brown have all done at TCS in previous encounters and Ben Williams has just added himself to that list. 

Was nice to see Foran get another goal, seems to get himself into good areas despite his deep role in midfield. Billy scored his 2, the 2nd an absolute peach. Could have had a hat trick yet again today. Was a pity to see Vincent get injured. Thought Terry would go like for like with Polworth but Greenhalgh did not disappoint. Very promising signs in what I saw today. Quick, skillful and chases everything down, that header he made for Foran's goal seemed a complete lost cause and awkward to execute. Fair play to him. Hope Vincent's injury is not too serious but Greenhalgh has certainly staked his claim for a place in the side. 

Good crowd today and another atmosphere that Im sure left a great impression on the players and indeed big Terry. Happy to see us get back to winning ways and occupy top spot (hope the Celts enjoyed their hour spent above us  :wink: ).

• Agree 2

What we've got to do now is take the way we played yesterday and the other home games this season, and play like that away from home as well.  It worked against Dundee United, but lately we've gone back to lumping it up the park in the away matches.  We should be keeping the same mentality that we have at home for all games no-matter where they are IMO.

Just loving the new nets

They are sweet! Am I imagining it (quite possible) or did we have similar nets in the past at some point?

Edit- Spellin'

Correct.  About a decade ago we had ICTFC woven into the white goal nets IIRC.

• Agree 1

After Celtic won 5-2 to take a commanding lead at the top of the league, I rate yesterday's result one of the best in our history. Hibs were in a fine run of form, their front two having scored in all recent games, they had lost the monkey of not winning at the Caley Stadium last year, and were able to play on a top class pitch. 

ICT deserve a lot of credit for moving on from the Aberdeen defeat, coping with a tough cup tie, and then knowing Celtic had regained top spot so only a 3 goal victory would regain them top spot. Hard work and years of disappointments achieved that result.

Having seen Jonny Hayes try and do a Gordon Strachan 'messed up' free kick routine last week, it was actually quite funny seeing Nick hooked yesterday. Steve Marcella was actually mortified. I wonder if Terry apologised especially after this:

'' Butcher said: “I was only at Brentford about five minutes and Steve phoned up. I didn’t know him at all but I spoke to one or two people and they said, ‘Take him – he’s an excellent goalkeeper coach and has a great eye for a player as well’. “He travels a lot of miles, he’s an excellent coach and also an excellent scout – and a good friend as well.There have been one or two we haven’t got right but I wouldn’t smack him for being wrong – he’s a big guy and would probably batter me!''

It is always dangerous to receive praise in life!!! Terry probably said to him yesterday ''Hook Ross'' so that is exactly what he did. Terry meant Ross.....Draper so hopefully it ended in smiles for Steve.

• Agree 1

Luckily didn't affect result .Thought it was a strange decision as Nick was having a great game.

Don't think Ive ever seen Terry so angry ..he really has to watch his blood pressure. An easy mistake

but Im sure we won't see the same again .

Brilliant result after last weeks disappointment pleased to see the good passing game back .

• Agree 1

The first half bordered on tedium. The second half was in stark contrast and it was a rout in the end. We looked much better after Vincent went off, and I liked the look of Ben, willing to take on defenders and able to beat them at will, pace height and a decent cross :smile:

Terry probably said to him yesterday ''Hook Ross'' so that is exactly what he did. Terry meant Ross.....Draper so hopefully it ended in smiles for Steve.

Terry's explanation of events:

"I wanted Nick Ross to come out to the right hand side and I think my guys thought I wanted him to come off.

"When I say to him 'come out wide here' and he keeps walking past me and sits in the dugout.

"I said: 'what are you doing? I don't want you to play that wide. I went the fourth official Alan Muir and said 'that's the wrong man' but he said he couldn't do anything about.

Terry probably said to him yesterday ''Hook Ross'' so that is exactly what he did. Terry meant Ross.....Draper so hopefully it ended in smiles for Steve.

Terry's explanation of events:

"I wanted Nick Ross to come out to the right hand side and I think my guys thought I wanted him to come off.

"When I say to him 'come out wide here' and he keeps walking past me and sits in the dugout.

"I said: 'what are you doing? I don't want you to play that wide. I went the fourth official Alan Muir and said 'that's the wrong man' but he said he couldn't do anything about.

Perhaps something similar happened prior to the League Cup Semi penalty shoot out last season ?!!

What a wonderful day for the club on and off the pitch. Off it yes hibs brought a decent crowd must have been maybe 500 or just a tad more but sitting in the north stand there was a lot less empty seats and I hope that some of football the team has played will encourage these extra bums on seats to attend more games. Everything that has been said so far sums up the game really. The 1st half really was pretty even with us taking the lead thanks to a little help from Hibs keeper Ben Williams. Billy rolled it in and looked a constant menace to the hibs backline and should have scored a second but put his one on one chance past the far post. Hibs did create little but had Heffernan finished with the goal at his mercy then the game may have been different instead his sliced it horribly high and wide. After that not much to say with a lot of midfield play but neither side breaking each other down. But the 2nd was a really treat. Both goals were great and it could have been more. As stated Ben Greenhalgh looked really good when he came on always willing to run and try and beat the hibs full back. Apart from one bad miss and an attempt david raven own goal hibs were blown away on wards and upwards

Just seen the highlights on the Beeb online...Billy's 2nd goal was a cracker, good to hear Greenhalgh had a decent run out, we need plenty of players to step up to the mark over a long season. My gut feeling is that Vincent has been a great addition... He seems to sit in Tudor Jones position but has better distribution?

• Agree 1

^^^  Yeah! Butcher probably said something like "It'll give us a real fillip if we score our next penalty. I want to see our next taker, fill the net!!"

Cue...Philip Roberts!

He actually, allegedly, said "I want to Rob-'earts of their place in final, the cheatin feckers" and the rest is history, allegedly. :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

The way things are going at present we could even get international media acclaim by the end of the season.

We are forcing these so called pundits to talk about us and the words from them are just beginning to sound a little less patronising.  Fear is creeping into their realisation that the south and the OF is no longer monopolising the Scottish game, something confusing is coming into their lives.

Something called Inverness Caledonian Thistle is becoming a threat and a force to be reckoned with. How on earth are they going to cope with such a tragedy??????

• Agree 2