merger with C#unty?

ForzaCaley

You just gotta laugh at the mock outrage at the mere mention of a merger with County

There are some very deluded ICT fans on here who think they could boot this into touch should such a merger ever surface

Like twenty years ago the fans would not have any say whatsoever and the decision to merge would already have been agreed before any token vote or disharmony could take place

I see ICT fans that fall into very different categories so let's see

1. Caledonian Fc fans - very few if any embraced the new club, (I'm talking off the ones that attended Telford St regularly but also travelled to away games)

The remaining although very small in number(the ones that picked and chooses their games, the johnny come latelys and gloryhunters )would vote YES to merge because let's face it they did it before although they might be looking for freebie season tickets yet again

2. Thistle Fc fans - without a shadow of doubt they would vote YES, they were quite happy to see their team being killed off so they can see their new team play in Blue while everyone called them Caley, they are a disgrace and they always will be in my eyes, they showed no loyalty and they are deeply untrustworthy

3. Incomers fans - think this would be more split but at a guess I'd say 70-30 in favour of merging as like the Thistle fans you have to question their loyalty, I doubt many have ICT at heart but they do have money to burn hence why they have season tickets and plenty time on their hands

4. Newer/younger ICT fans - like the fans twenty years ago I'd hope the younger generation of Invernessians would attempt to block such a merger and they would consist mainly of NO voters but we all know that this might not be enough so let's just hope for their sakes this vote will never come to fruition

One things for certain the local media would be up for it especially if there was another book on the pipeline

I'll be honest I can't ever see a merger between ourselves and County as I doubt they would even entertain it, although that's not to say Clach or Inverness City could not get involved at some stage which could be a possibility

Inverness FC or Inverness United with a completely neutral playing kit could be the way forward, some may scoff at such an idea but far more scoffed at the idea of Caley and Thistle merging

We are top of the SPL yet we can only muster 3000 home fans!! That alone tells me there is something far wrong

Dougal

Edited by dougal

^^^^^

Alias

It's got nowt to do with stirring the melting point think you'll find I'm only contributing to a thread started by some roaster

In fact you'll only find me discussingthe merger now when provoked into doing so

Dougal

Dougal I can imagine you're quite the life and soul of a party mate, you come out with such outrageous statements while making no attempt to back them up. If you're so against the club you're under no obligation to support them, simple as.

You just gotta laugh at the mock outrage at the mere mention of a merger with County

There are some very deluded ICT fans on here who think they could boot this into touch should such a merger ever surface

Like twenty years ago the fans would not have any say whatsoever and the decision to merge would already have been agreed before any token vote or disharmony could take place

I see ICT fans that fall into very different categories so let's see

1. Caledonian Fc fans - very few if any embraced the new club, (I'm talking off the ones that attended Telford St regularly but also travelled to away games)

The remaining although very small in number(the ones that picked and chooses their games, the johnny come latelys and gloryhunters )would vote YES to merge because let's face it they did it before although they might be looking for freebie season tickets yet again

2. Thistle Fc fans - without a shadow of doubt they would vote YES, they were quite happy to see their team being killed off so they can see their new team play in Blue while everyone called them Caley, they are a disgrace and they always will be in my eyes, they showed no loyalty and they are deeply untrustworthy

3. Incomers fans - think this would be more split but at a guess I'd say 70-30 in favour of merging as like the Thistle fans you have to question their loyalty, I doubt many have ICT at heart but they do have money to burn hence why they have season tickets and plenty time on their hands

4. Newer/younger ICT fans - like the fans twenty years ago I'd hope the younger generation of Invernessians would attempt to block such a merger and they would consist mainly of NO voters but we all know that this might not be enough so let's just hope for their sakes this vote will never come to fruition

One things for certain the local media would be up for it especially if there was another book on the pipeline

I'll be honest I can't ever see a merger between ourselves and County as I doubt they would even entertain it, although that's not to say Clach or Inverness City could not get involved at some stage which could be a possibility

Inverness FC or Inverness United with a completely neutral playing kit could be the way forward, some may scoff at such an idea but far more scoffed at the idea of Caley and Thistle merging

We are top of the SPL yet we can only muster 3000 home fans!! That alone tells me there is something far wrong

Dougal

post-4861-0-24668000-1380829313.jpg

• Agree 2

I seriously think that Dougal has totally hit the mark with 1,3 and4 whilst 2 is the wind up. I am in the 1 a category and would NEVER go to a game again. The yoof in category 4 would then also understand the feelings of 1993-94.

But you could get proper use of your half and half scarf!

• Agree 1