union jack at Perth game

Joe DiMaggio

A lot of people died for that flag in many many wars it deserves respect

With respect Laurence, while there may be many legitimate arguments for displaying a union flag at a Scottish football match that is not one of them. A lot of people died fighting for the Nazi swastika or the flag of Imperial Japan as well.. By your logic they are also worthy of respect.

And it happens again!

I was told that ICT fans were squaring up to each other in the pub over the same young boys with the union flag.

Supposedly the boys were shouting that we are a British team, playing in a British league supported by British people! I think it is clear that this flag is now brought to game for political reasons and that it divides our support. Actually going by the poll on this site it goes against the views of our support. I think those boys should stop taking the flag to games as they obviously wouldn'nt support YES flags etc at our games.

They know it is best to leave it at home but still continue to take it to games. I want a unified support with no political support either way but this is dividing support with out a doubt. I had texts saying how they didn't like the union flag in the pub. They know it is not liked so enough is enough

Maybe they will stop coming when their big team is back in the top flight in a couple of years time...assuming they are not liquidated again in the meantime.

And it happens again!

I was told that ICT fans were squaring up to each other in the pub over the same young boys with the union flag.

Supposedly the boys were shouting that we are a British team, playing in a British league supported by British people! I think it is clear that this flag is now brought to game for political reasons and that it divides our support. Actually going by the poll on this site it goes against the views of our support. I think those boys should stop taking the flag to games as they obviously wouldn'nt support YES flags etc at our games.

They know it is best to leave it at home but still continue to take it to games. I want a unified support with no political support either way but this is dividing support with out a doubt. I had texts saying how they didn't like the union flag in the pub. They know it is not liked so enough is enough

Maybe they will stop coming when their big team is back in the top flight in a couple of years time...assuming they are not liquidated again in the meantime.

care to elaborate? 

I was looking back at old albums on CaleyJags.com and noticed this flag (Picture 92 of http://www.caleyjags.com/pa/g1213/121031_Rangers/index.html) and wondered if this would cause offence if it was to turn up at a game?

The fans who have that flag have both Scottish and English connections, hence the Scottish and English flag joined together and the message that Terry may be English but he has Scotland in his heart with ICT. I see no problem with that flag and there has never been any problem when they have taken it to games.

The fans who have that flag have both Scottish and English connections, hence the Scottish and English flag joined together and the message that Terry may be English but he has Scotland in his heart with ICT. I see no problem with that flag and there has never been any problem when they have taken it to games.

Thank you , exactly right Lizi

Edited by DerbyDave

• 3 weeks later...