Well done England

culduthel

A big well done and congratulations  to England for qualifying for the World Cup in Brazil. The only British team in it this time around.  They have achieved something that the Scottish team has failed to achieve for a long, long time now.   So  England deserve our applause for carrying the British Flag and British hopes to Brazil next year. Gives us something to follow and support.

Hope they get a group with Brazil or Germany or Spain in it.  Will make for great viewing.  I reckon they will get through the group stages and get to the semis but doubt they will get past there.  Would be great if they won it though.

You are kidding aren't you the only reason England got through is because they had an easier group compared to the other home nations, also they won't be flying the British flag they will fly the english flag and being honest we all want to see them get thumped in the group stages 

As a modest Englishman I wasn't going to say anything. After all, we've only qualified for the world cup finals  - again.

It's not as if we've won it yet - or should that also be "again"?

I appreciate that England's group was easier for England than the groups were for the other home nations, but that is becasue England did not have to compete against a top seed side being a top seed side themselves.

Look on the bright side though.  Scotland seem to be improving under Strachan and I imagine they will be in demand for a lot of friendlies with teams heading to Brazil.  This will help in getting ranking points and building a good momentum ahead of the Euro qualifiers.  Meanwhile England will be rebuilding after failing to meet expectations in Brazil.

• Agree 2

I appreciate that England's group was easier for England than the groups were for the other home nations

The highest ranked team they beat in qualification are ranked 54th in the world and has a population of just 620,000 (Montenegro). Away from home, the highest ranked team they beat was Moldova who were 141st at the time.

Qualified comfortably and looking a good team (as usual, in qualification), but too early start getting carried away. But the media will get carried away anyway!

blah blah blah. Yes they have qualified but the real pleasure comes when the media start picking the bones off the team after 3 or 4 games. Its in Brazil, so we can be confident that England will not be the first European country to succeed in South America, they aint got enuff about them to achieve.

Germay, Holland, Belgium with Spain from Europe, Hosts, Colombia, Argentina with Uruguay from Sud America. Only the American's have an outside chance of getting close to the final from the rest of the world.