Inverness C.T. -V- Partick Th

Scotty

2 goals chalked off, one because the assistant referee doesn't know the rules and another that looked ridiculously soft for a foul on Scott Fox.

We should have seen the game out regardless but these two decisions have cost us dearly.

we played well i thought and should have had 3 goals but we were robbed by some poor officiating again Euan Norris had a stinker. The winner was just poor but with Brill having had such an excellent season we cant be to harsh he probs was looking to find a way to get forward and took his eye off the ball. The corner incident was apparently draper touched it twice which he didnt on sky but the up shot it was a goal and the second was also a goal if not it is a penalty billy does not make any movement towards the keeper. So gutted it was 3 points for the taking but i thought we played well against a side that reminds me of us from last season and most other seasons very good away from home. People who think this was a given were deluded but I think Watkins deserves to get a game he is very pacey and could be a good weapon. Derby next week we can move on we will lose games but we played well so lets not be to critical

• Agree 1

In the real world (not the one inhabited by the officials) it was ICT 3-2. Not just did the linesman appear to not know the rules, it now seems he told three contradictory stories about what happened. In any case if there was a problem he had to flag then, he didn't, nor did he when the goal was scored, nor when the Ref awarded the goal - he put his flag up in response to a comment from a Partick Thistle player, huh what?!  Then the one in the second half which was either a goal or a penalty.... Then there was the advantage that was called back the moment there was a clear advantage! :(

Edited by skifreak
  • Agree 1

We certainly bossed the game in 1st 20 mins and could have been 2 up, then lost that goal thought we lost our way a little after that until the disallowed goal . Watched it on TV  Draper put the ball in the arc stopped it then played it after telling the  linesman he had just taken it and then tells Doran he had . So if there was a problem why then did the linesman not flag immediately. Perfectly good goal disallowed. Great start to the second half but I thought we just let Partick back into it and some slack passing could have had us in trouble. 2nd Disallowed goal is either a goal or a Penalty as Fox had is left hand round McKays neck and pulled him to the ground. Unfortunately for us a real Blunder from Brill cost us the game.

I liked the look of Watkins when he come on but why Terry waits to 90 mins to make the last sub. I don't understand

Is it the Jinx of TV we never seem to get a result when we appear

We now must win next week or our season could very quickly disintegrate

Bitterly disappointed with that defeat, saw the replay of the corner and the goal should of defo stood, also Scott Fox fouled Billy McKay for Richie Forans disallowed goal, not the other way around so we were defo hard done by there. Hopefully well bounce straight back v County, I really don't want to lose to them like we did today.....

As in ice hockey in North America, there surely should be a video judge to rule on controversial incidents.

The crowd rarely shows resentment against the decisions of the judges who sit up in their booth to view these incidents which are controversial or debateable.

It's a fair and unbiased way of resolving hotly contested goals since there are two or three cameras focused directly on the goal lines etc,

• Agree 1

I can take the defeat. I wouldnt be a football fan if I couldnt. Its the nature of it all that leaves me feeling bitter (not Adams bitter though, dont worry.)

Dont get me wrong we werent flawless. We allowed Partick too much time and space which is what got them their goals, with a little help from Deano who with the exception today has been more or less flawless since he joined.

He may have cost us a point but Euan Norris and his genius of a linesman cost us 3. The fact he and his officials dont know all of the rules they are allegedly meant to be enforcing says it all. Anyone who has watched it back will clearly hear Draper say "Ive taken the corner" Why oh why does he wait till the attack has played out and goal has been scored...

I was so glad to see us reply instantly after half time. Osbourne should have gone. He was on a yellow card and pushed Draper, nice bit of consistency. But great delivery and good leap from Warren. His first goal at TCS. Thought we would kick on and the sad thing is we did. Forans header was well taken but a sudden gust of wind was enough to send Fox sprawling (a recurring theme all afternoon). If anything he was fouling Billy. Had his hands all over him. 

Both teams made a go but I thought we would eventually get out in front but it didnt happen. Real howler from Deano but I dont want to be too critical of him. He has done so well since he arrived and hes human. Hope he bounces back. We pressed for the equalizer but it didnt come. We were unlucky from the set pieces we gained late on in the game. No idea why Norris pulled the free kick back on Polworth. Boy had a great chance on goal. 

Greenhalgh did ok today. Unlucky not to score with his effort and stuck in a few good crosses. Watkins looks like a good option too. Good burst of pace and on initial view a good work rate. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Vincent was missed today at both ends of the pitch. Partick found a lot of space at times with ease and there were also lost causes that werent chased down that he would have gone for.

Got to shrug this off. We didnt lose today on poor play. Can let off steam by saying what we say but the reality is that it wont change the outcome. Got to dust ourselves off and prepare for the invasion of Dingwall. Bring it on!

• Agree 1

we played well i thought and should have had 3 goals but we were robbed by some poor officiating again Euan Norris had a stinker. The winner was just poor but with Brill having had such an excellent season we cant be to harsh he probs was looking to find a way to get forward and took his eye off the ball. The corner incident was apparently draper touched it twice which he didnt on sky but the up shot it was a goal and the second was also a goal if not it is a penalty billy does not make any movement towards the keeper. So gutted it was 3 points for the taking but i thought we played well against a side that reminds me of us from last season and most other seasons very good away from home. People who think this was a given were deluded but I think Watkins deserves to get a game he is very pacey and could be a good weapon. Derby next week we can move on we will lose games but we played well so lets not be to critical

OK

We had 2 goals chalked off and in stadium  kept seeing  their defence and keeper  just kept holding onto billy when saw on tv shocking ref and lino

we need to take our chances  we seemed to just not bet there at the final moment

Seem not know to play without Vincent did not work last time and not today we seemed to be playing 10 v11

would have accepted us still 2nd today despite result  but need to look at next week

cannot affrd another loss

Were you at the game anniemac. We were not at our best but should have won or got at least a draw. Players tried hard and did enough to win but the vital element which you sometimes need, luck was not there. To say some players start every week and deliver very little is harsh in the extreme

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/inverness-ct-v-partick-thistle-report-r1082

Report added to News Page :sad:

"Inverness were denied at least a share of the points by unheralded incompetency from the match officials, and in full view of a watching TV audience.

• Agree 1

As others have said, I can take a defeat. Last week, you could say nothing other than we were rotten, deserved nothing out of the game and that's exactly what we got. Today was a different story. It was an open game from the off between two sides that played the ball on the deck whenever they could, and with luck, we could have been two goals up in 15 minutes. That's not indicative of a poor performance.However, we weren't up but whichever way you want to look at it Partick never looked threatening until they took a well worked goal. That was it from them in an attacking sense until Dean Brill gave them an unintentional hand. Gary Warren's equaliser should have cued an onslaught and that's exactly what would have happened if Foran's goal had stood, as Partick would have had to come out and chase the game. We would have picked them off as we did Hibs.

That brings us to the officials. I've watched some pretty awful displays in my time but very few when you can actually say that refereeing incompetence actually won someone a game. That was one of them. Doran's goal was a lack of knowledge from the officials and at this level that's unacceptable. I don't know what the linesman was thinking; I've heard at least three pseudo explanations and not one makes sense. Ross Draper told him what he was doing and he acknowledged him (a conversation clearly picked up by Sky) and nothing contrary to the rules took place thereafter. It was therefore a perfectly good goal. As if that's not bad enough, Issac Osbourne should have been sent off in the second half, and the referee was going for his card after a lunge at Draper but changed his mind. Why? The decision to disallow Foran's goal was mystifying. Scott Fox, who had behaved "professionally" all afternoon, actually hauled Billy Mckay into the net. If it wasn't a goal, it was penalty. The tin hat for me was Mr. Norris pulling Polwarth back at the end when he was through on goal for a clear scoring chance, to award a free kick for a previous tackle.

There are those who will say that the officials can and do have an off day, and that's true. In any other profession if you clearly misapplied the rules, ignored others and didn't even know an important one you'd be fairly lucky to be in a job after it, never mind protected by your employers as Mr. Norris will be despite the fact that his team of officials are the reason we lost that game.

• Agree 2

Theres more to the game than working your socks off how about actually trying to go past the fullback instead of constantly checking inside ,tracking back when you dont have the ball and delivering a better ball from set plays more often than not