Scott Fox - cheat or professional

bauhaus

In lieu of Scott Fox's antics during the game today, was he just being "professional" in using the keepers protection to his advantage, or was he just pure dead cheating, as that to me appeared to be as bad as Ashley Young's simulation. 

Reminded me of Steven Presley and his play acting the day we got relegated. How many times did he go down holding his head, so the ref had to stop the game for a head knock. Fox fouled our player 4 times by pulling them over and acting like it was him who was fouled, should have been fouls the other way, and to my mind three penalties, but a better ref would have stopped it first time by awarding a penalty.

Will the SFA pull him up for simulation?  Will Euan Norris be put down the leagues to ref next week ? I doubt either will happen, but if we were Celtic, there would be such a song and dance about this

• Agree 1

Total cheat. I hope Partick are proud of their cheating goalie. So obvious to the fans but an oblivious referee. Norris is a useless ref - always was, always will be - yellow cards for lots of minor infringements and no red to a major cheat. I hope Fox sleeps easy tonight and smiles - what comes around goes around - Fox's day will come and he wont be smiling then. Booooooo again boooooo

• Agree 1

at the end of the day he stopped us winning the game! of course it makes us angry but if it was Dean Brill doing it we would all think it was total genius. Scott Fox clocked on straight away that Euan Norris was a soft referee and used it to his advantage! Its the ref at fault here, not Scott Fox

Why do we persist in using the term "professional" foul.  These fouls are unprofessional fouls.  Many of us who work in the health service, teaching, police etc know what being professional is.  Part of being professional is behaving with integrity and not circumventing rules or laws for your own self interest.  Having cheating behaviour branded as "professional" is really quite offensive. 

But aside from that, I fail to understand why football's ruling bodies tolerate this.  It seems that any remotely 50:50 incident is always given in favour of the defender.  Week in week out we see defenders with their arms round forwards,  blatant pushes in the back and pulling shirts and the referees simply ignore it.  When the forwards do this or it is a bit of a 50:50 incident the foul is always given to the benefit of the defending side.  People come to football to see goals.  If the officials only applied the laws of the game there would be less cheating, more goals and more people would watch.

• Agree 5

All the ICT fans around me just started to watch him and not anything else on the pitch when it came to corners. He pulled down McKay when Foran scored and then he won a free kick as the goal was chalked off, he must of dived at least 4 times and still never got caught so its just ridiculous! A good friend of Tom Daly I suspect.....

Frankly, I have never seen a goalkeeper acting so badly throughout a match in over forty years of watching football. That the referee let it go was surprising, that the player is so lacking in professional self respect is astonishing.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

at the end of the day he stopped us winning the game! of course it makes us angry but if it was Dean Brill doing it we would all think it was total genius. Scott Fox clocked on straight away that Euan Norris was a soft referee and used it to his advantage! Its the ref at fault here, not Scott Fox

Fox is a cheat and I would NOT think Dean Brill was a total genius if he did it he would be a cheat as well!

As a member of the goalkeepers union I've got to say my bit here.

He's a cheat, I've made the most of fouls before but I've never just thrown myself to the deck like he did today.