Damn Yankees .. DRUM CORPS/ American Style

Scarlet Pimple

Hi Folks

Many of you probably have never seen, or even heard of Drum Corps,  U.S. A. Well here it is --take your pick of the 4  outings featured here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cYfDf4t6I&list=PLoV0Au6frsp-gPpGe4hZmur-6WOcJSSeP

Comprised mostly of college or university or school bands it is very big in America, not in Canada as far as I know.

What you will see here are the practices, called run-throughs, just prior to suiting up in their uniforms to march into the stadium for the Play-offs.    At this point it's a big spectacle.

The band in these pre-tourney practices  are called the Academy and I notice that they were in the

U.S.  semi-finals in 2012......so you can  judge for yourself how good they are.

I just wonder how many hours they have to put in to get to this level of unison and skill.

The players are very dedicated  and are practicing here on outside lots (plots of land --usually referred to in North America as the piece of land that homes or buildings are placed upon). 

This is for your enjoyment so go for it.  Comments please.

Cheers,  Scarlet