Scotty

Observations:

Mantis sent me a text from Nacimiento wanting updates - where the feck is that?

Adams is a complete ***.

Macgregor will blame anyone but himself, even farmer Fraser for turning on his kettle at halftime causing a surge in power!, and if he claims the fault was outwith the stadium, how did every other electrical device(including the pitch length electronic advertising board) not get affected? and why were stewards running about getting the food shops to turn everything off? 

Knew Raven was out but didn't see Tremarco and Shinnie swapping sides, Shinnie did ok but is not a right back for sure.

Watkins needs a lot of heading practice - counted 4-5 high balls directed to him that he completely missed, might have been better throwing him a space hopper.

Warren and Meekings are excellent.  Foran had a complete off day - hardly any passes he made were completed. Nick did not do feck all, apart from a fresh air shot when in on goal.

Thought, despite what gobshyte said we were the better team, looked more dangerous, and more likely to win the game.

Anyway, was not a good day out, car spashed a puddle all over me jeans, had to drive the mini bus-so no beer before the game, planned after game sesh was cancelled by a call from the missus saying she needed picked up as she'd had a few too many drinks, so no after match beverage....  sigh

Edited by caley100

Nacimiento is in Almeria. But to the game he has some good points. Shinnie looked lost and I am not shure why we had to go for that option. Tremarco did well though. That was a hard game for Watkins to start but I thought that he showed some nice touches and it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in the second half when the game opened up. Nick really should have scored but I still do not think that we are playing him in the right position. The weather last night would also have suited Toby so disappointed that he didn't start. Brill looked confident and the clanger last week was evidently forgotten. Foran was gobbing too much again for my liking but he was getting stuck in. I thought that draper was the best of the bunch - and where exactly was Doran playing ?

I am another one who was impressed by Carl Tremarco's performance last night. The strength that he had to boot Ivan Sproule off the park most of the half was rather enjoyable and added much fire power to the derby. He must start the game when ever it gets rescheduled.

Stumbled across this gem on the County site.

".....inevitably fans attention is already turning to the next home match, as local rivals Inverness Caledonian Thistle travel to Dingwall on Friday the 25th of October. Over the years Victoria Park has earned a fantastic reputation for the atmosphere generated under the floodlights, and the first ever Friday night Derby to be played at the league's most Northerly ground is sure to be a particularly special occasion for all football fans."

:amazed:

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/staggies-prepare-for-killie-caley.aspx

• Agree 1

Spoke to a guy in the main stand who had come from Kaiserslautern to watch the game. He is heading down to the Partick match, I hope he has better luck down there. I think that is roughly 1100 miles.

Well that beats my journey of an 800 mile round trip from Wakefield. I don't get to make it to many matches so was very excited to make it to this one so I booked 2 days of annual leave, spent £85 train fare and for what, half a match. I'm not expecting county to reimburse me but I am going to write to the club and ask none the less as I think they should do considering it was not extenuating circumstances or the weathers fault.  

Kaiserslautern eh?  I remember way back about the late "sixties" Hibs beat them handily 4-0 at Easter Road under the floodlights.

Best goal I have ever seen from at least 40 yards scored by someone who looked like Eddie Turnbull--Bughtmaster will remember him;  his era like? :laugh:

Unlike the County game, the atmosphere was not electric but  the scoreline did light up my week...... :canada:  :scotland:

http://overthebridge.info/showthread.php?tid=1156&pid=29278#pid29278

One County fan thinks that we should be charged for replayed game and also an admin fee to "get it right up us". Stay classy lads, stay classy.

OTB is interesting reading just now with a number of them swallowing MacGregor's garbage about it not being Ross Countys fault and they are agreeing it was the rain to blame.

http://overthebridge.info/showthread.php?tid=1156&pid=29278#pid29278

One County fan thinks that we should be charged for replayed game and also an admin fee to "get it right up us". Stay classy lads, stay classy.

OTB is interesting reading just now with a number of them swallowing MacGregor's garbage about it not being Ross Countys fault and they are agreeing it was the rain to blame.

Some thick posters on there. Ha ha the guy posted this apparently not even realising that they would have had to pay again as well! Oh and agree that a lot of them are swallowing the party line hook line and sinker...lol

Spoke to a guy in the main stand who had come from Kaiserslautern to watch the game. He is heading down to the Partick match, I hope he has better luck down there. I think that is roughly 1100 miles.

Well that beats my journey of an 800 mile round trip from Wakefield. I don't get to make it to many matches so was very excited to make it to this one so I booked 2 days of annual leave, spent £85 train fare and for what, half a match. I'm not expecting county to reimburse me but I am going to write to the club and ask none the less as I think they should do considering it was not extenuating circumstances or the weathers fault.  

You got to beat me at golf.  That is an occurance so unusual I would have thought that alone would be well worth the train fare and taking two days annual leave!

Dundee Utd charged both their fans and Rangers fans half price for a re-arranged game that had been abandoned at half time.

I think this led to a boycott from Rangers fans for that game. (This being before they boycotted anyone who didn't think they should be able to skip 3 leagues straight to the top)

I very much doubt this will happen for this game though as to his credit Roy Macgreggor seems quite reasonable in offering support to fans. Did he not put on free busses for Hearts fans for a game that was postponed last season.

After the game the announcer said to keep hold of the match tickets for the re-arranged game. I went and ripped mine up before the game without thinking!

• Agree 1

I don't think there's any chance that anyone will be charged again. I think there might be something on the County site saying that tickets will be valid and folk will get a refund if they so wish.

If any club tried to charge again for a game I was at, there's not a chance I'd go back and pay twice.

Delighted with the way the whole team pulled together and dominated the 1st half, great training session for the cup match.

I would say we are back to seeing the same quality of football that pushed us up the table so quickly. It was also a good taster for the arm chair viewers to come along to the next home game.

Should be first come first served. How will any official know whether a guy who doesn't have a stub had one or not at the first game?

By allowing anyone in free of charge, at least they will get interested fans to, hopefully, pack the house.

Atmosphere seems to be to be more important now than money.

Or the boss can  hire double decker buses to surround the ground for all those who can't get into the park. Great P. R. for County and a good time will be had by all, especially the fans in the upper level of the buses. :cheer01:

• Agree 1

The (very very) small print on the back of the ticket stubs says that we can present them to gain entry to the re-arranged match. If you do not wish or are unable to attend you can appy for a refund within 14 days of the rearranged fixture being announced and presentation of the stub at "the stadium". Not clear if that is our (where I bought my ticket) or their stadium.

More insult to injury when we got stuck in a traffic jam in Castle Street for half an hour because the police could not handle the surge of fans leaving along High Street and Station Road. We sat and listened to slippery Roy MacGregor's excuses for the power failure and then more drivel from the pundits on BBC Sportsound.

The 16th November is the obvious choice to replay the game before snow and flooding are likely cause problems in December, January and February. A 2pm kick off would also avoid the risk of the lights going out on us again.

From Ross County:

REFUND INFORMATION FOR ROSS COUNTY V ICTFC FRIDAY 25th OCTOBER

Following the unfortunate abandonment of the game versus Ross County at the Global Energy Stadium on Friday 25th October please see below the official statement from Ross County FC regarding their refund policy for the match.

Abandonment of the match after kick-off

In the event of the abandonment of a match after kick-off a person shall be permitted to enter the stadium for a rearranged fixture on the presentation of the ticket stub and subject to compliance with any other arrangements as may be announced at the time. A person who does not wish to attend the rearranged playing of the match shall be entitled to a refund, the amount of which shall be determined by the selling club acting reasonably. In such an event the refund will only be paid when an application for refund has been received at the stadium within 14 days of the announcement of the rearranged playing of the match enclosing the ticket stub.

Therefore our message to all fans is to keep their ticket stubs safe and await the rearranged date, any specific queries on the details above please contact Ross County FC.

Kind regards,

Ranald Gilbert

General Manager

Ross County Football Club

The Global Energy Stadium, Victoria Park

Dingwall

IV15 9QZ

Telephone: 01349 860860

Thanks Scotty, that's very useful info.

I wonder why there's been no hint as to the rearranged date yet from the SPFL? I can't see why there's not been an announcement  As speculated on this forum, a suitable date would be the International break next month. There aren't too many more alternatives in the immediate calendar.

It's not fair on the already inconvenienced fans who may have to juggle life/work rotas etc.! No doubt television contracts are having to be re-negotiated or something - fans are dictated to too much these days by TV and corporate considerations!

SPFL - Please inform the lifeblood of the game - the fans - when the game's due to go ahead. We need to know whether to apply for a refund or plan our arrangements for the 'replayed' game. Stop taking us for granted!!

Thanks Scotty, that's very useful info.

I wonder why there's been no hint as to the rearranged date yet from the SPFL? I can't see why there's not been an announcement  As speculated on this forum, a suitable date would be the International break next month. There aren't too many more alternatives in the immediate calendar.

It's not fair on the already inconvenienced fans who may have to juggle life/work rotas etc.! No doubt television contracts are having to be re-negotiated or something - fans are dictated to too much these days by TV and corporate considerations!

SPFL - Please inform the lifeblood of the game - the fans - when the game's due to go ahead. We need to know whether to apply for a refund or plan our arrangements for the 'replayed' game. Stop taking us for granted!!

Could the international break not see us short a player or two? I wouldnt want to go into a replay without McKay. Not sure if NI are planning a senior friendly for then though. There is also the very slim chance that Shinnie could get a call as well.

:crazy: IHE--Captain Scarlet, eh?

Wow! Promotion and recognition at long  last. Thank you Admiral Sir IHE. I must have spliced your main braces very well in our last Port of Call. Are they still holding up yer dungarees mun?

Will this caricature of HMS Sneck disguised as a ferry take double decker buses though?

One thing is certain--if it does, and we can get four on, if the thing sinks we will go down with Caley Thistle flags waving gaily in the breeze and a cheer on our blue and red lips....

Captain Scarlet?....YES!!! :ictscarf: (It's the boy in me that keeps me young  :wink: )

May as well mention this here as well but my jacket went missing on Friday night from the back of the "singing section" of the away stand. Don't suppose anyone happened to notice it? It's a brown mountain warehouse waterproof with a set of keys in one of the pockets.