League Cup Semi Final Draw - Hearts!

Kingsmills

Further to my earler post re no trains did not the SPFL / SFA said they would consult with the clubs

if so why did we agree to this time on a Sunday

Because the SFA/SPFL couldn't run a bath never mind an organisation.

• Agree 1

said on another thread or maybe this one before the semi draw, if we got hearts and the game was at easter road we should refuse to fulfil our commitment to play. how can they describe it as a neutral venue.

( how much did Estonia, if it was them, get fined for not turning up against Scotland) 

was at easter road at weekend and the atmosphere created from our support, was first class. said to my mates after game I must go to more away games.

now after this decision it will be bbc tv for my party of 4 people.

time to make a stand

said on another thread or maybe this one before the semi draw, if we got hearts and the game was at easter road we should refuse to fulfil our commitment to play. how can they describe it as a neutral venue.

( how much did Estonia, if it was them, get fined for not turning up against Scotland) 

was at easter road at weekend and the atmosphere created from our support, was first class. said to my mates after game I must go to more away games.

now after this decision it will be bbc tv for my party of 4 people.

time to make a stand

Please don't do that! Our players deserve our support so much. Can't let the folks at the BBC or SPFL win!

• Agree 3

Disgraceful decision. Venue and kick off time couldn't be any more biased against ICT fans. Was looking forward to the semi final, but have no intention of attending anymore. Hope the club plays hardball with this one. They really need to take a stand against these ****s.

• Agree 1

Evening All, 

Hibee here not hear to gloat or anything like that, 

Last season ICT took over our pub called the four in hand (massive hibs pub) when you played that MOB on the semi-final.  I met a lot off very decent ICT supporters had a drink and a right good day (Obv apart from the result)

Whilst i agree that it's a very poor decision again from the SPFL with regards to the venue and timing and IMO it probably should have been at Tannadice, If you do come back down to Easter Road i would just like to say that you are more than welcome to take over our Pub and use it as your own for the day against that manky mob! Although a do appreciate you all probably hate hibs right now last season when you came down was fantastic and hope we can do it again and hope for a better result! 

• Agree 2

There's no sense whatsoever in the choice of venue for both semi's but thats how it is so lets make the most of it. Also remember that Hibs fans never stole Butcher so we should be nice to them in hope some will turn up at the game and boost our crowd and the takings.

Yup i would agree with you their mate, Tynecastle a would think has maybe been chosen to give that mob a bit of revenue, Easter Road probably because it's the biggest stadium outside Glasgow, Hearts don't have a very impressive record at ER in the cup games in the "neutral venue" Agreed i no a few hibs supporters that did go to watch ICT, I live 30 seconds from the Ground but i chose to go to the pub and it was rammed with a good bunch off ICT fans i made a lot off friends that day. 

My mobile phone calendar tells me that 2 February is Groundhog Day. Well last season's experience is going to be repeated with this absolutely disgraceful decision. Same again in 2015, 16, 17 .............?

We do enough travelling up and down to the Central Belt each season so the least the powers that be could do is give us less of a journey. That on the back of two away league games at Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. As well as this being a short trip for Jambos, playing the games at Tynecastle and Fester Road devalues the whole cup semi final experience. It should have been ICT v Hearts at Perth and Aberdeen v St Johnstone at Tannadice - no brainers.

I suppose the SPFL/SFA think that as we have a small fan base our views won't matter. WELL, I for one will not wish to fork out for such a trip for the second year in a row and will park myself in front of my tv that afternoon. :frustrated01:

I've just emailed the SPFL (aka. the incompetant brigade) to register my disgust with the choice of venue, which is also the location for the Ramsdens Cup Final and I don't see Rangers leaving many fans at home for that! There is obviously money changing hands here for some reason or another (surprise surprise!) and though it may not do much in the grand scheme, I think if more people got in contact directly then it will show how ridiculous this descision is. I say this and I live in Edinburgh! But my convinience is not as important as fairness for my fellow supporters.

• Agree 1

Location and time disgusting Time to make a stand When does Sporting integrity come in to play. Before Hollyrood was built our current first minister once said it does not matter if parliament is held in a tin shed as long as it is held in Scotland. The Scottish parliament carries a lot of weight on its shoulders and stands for honesty integrity and truth. I would like the Scottish government to decide if the nominated Location, day and time is deemed to be honest and fair. Similar to Alex Salmonds comment the match does not have to be held in the city of Edinburgh in a large stadium, the most important thing is that the match is played but it has to be played with honesty integrity and fairness. I have heard of some teenagers who are planning to travel to Edinburgh on the Saturday evening and sleeping rough in Winter just so that they can afford to see their Highland team play football on a Sunday. Make a stand.

The club needs to oppose this decision. If the date, time and venue can not be changed (which it probably wont) ICT should, in my opinion lay on free buses for fans, or at a discount price, to encourage fans who are having second thoughts.

The club have objected to this. I believe they, and CIT, are looking at what can be done transport wise.

Evening All, 

Hibee here not hear to gloat or anything like that, 

Last season ICT took over our pub called the four in hand (massive hibs pub) when you played that MOB on the semi-final.  I met a lot off very decent ICT supporters had a drink and a right good day (Obv apart from the result)

Whilst i agree that it's a very poor decision again from the SPFL with regards to the venue and timing and IMO it probably should have been at Tannadice, If you do come back down to Easter Road i would just like to say that you are more than welcome to take over our Pub and use it as your own for the day against that manky mob! Although a do appreciate you all probably hate hibs right now last season when you came down was fantastic and hope we can do it again and hope for a better result! 

Is this the pub that promised food(I never seen any) for the fans and said there was plenty of room(sardines) and ran out of some drinks?  Think I will give it a miss if it is.

Edited by Dewsburydude
  • Agree 1