League Cup Semi Final Draw - Hearts!

Kingsmills

The club needs to oppose this decision. If the date, time and venue can not be changed (which it probably wont) ICT should, in my opinion lay on free buses for fans, or at a discount price, to encourage fans who are having second thoughts.

free buses for supporters who still want to attend with the cash required to pay for them taken from the gate receipts, before it is divvy'd up between the teams. 

The club needs to oppose this decision. If the date, time and venue can not be changed (which it probably wont) ICT should, in my opinion lay on free buses for fans, or at a discount price, to encourage fans who are having second thoughts.

free buses for supporters who still want to attend with the cash required to pay for them taken from the gate receipts, before it is divvy'd up between the teams. 

That would be far more fair, just add it in as a cost same as stewarding etc. Why should the the club itself be forced to be out of pocket due to the ineptitude of the cup organisers by laying on buses?  Bear in mind a 50 seater coach would probably cost around £450.

Talking of transport, is talking acceptance of location don't do it.

The SPFL have been paid for the match to be on the TV, the venue is irrelevant, I think you would have mental health issues if you choose to tune in to watch the stands, instead of the match itself.

They can cover it at any stadium.

ICT must have good legal eagles as they must have been a great help with the Marius Nickulae case. I would imagine Easter road was not specified as a cup semi final venue before the tournament commenced there fore it must be deemed unlawful and bias.

I am questioning the competence of the governing body of Scottish football and it wouldn't be for the first time. 

I think Pittodrie should be the 1st  revised venue.  We played Dunfermline there once for a Scottish cup replay, the replay was meant to be played at Hampden but the competent governing at the time decided Aberdeen would be A FAIR AND NEUTRAL LOCATION FOR BOTH PARTIES.

Fair and neutral would also mean looking at Hearts supporters getting there on time. If we look at the Scotrail web site neither ICT nor Hearts fans can get to Pittodrie on the trains for a 12.30 kick off. TV money of say £80,000 potentially split 4 ways is probably an important bonus for both clubs.  I do not know what it would cost the SPFL to pay for a football special from Inverness but if that cost say £10k we might then have a brilliant away day although it would depend on demand for seats. The Scottish Government could pull strings here.

If we insisted on a 3 pm kick off in Edinburgh all four clubs would lose cash but it could be winner takes all and sporting integrity might win through in the end. 

Would Hearts be interested in a two legged semi final using our respective pitches?

Looking at trains, even a lunchtime kick off on Saturday would be a lot better. There are at least 2 trains that  will get there in plenty of time for kick off from Inverness from only £22.60 rtrn. And the fact that I could then get to the game didn't cross my mind! :wink:

Edited by Dewsburydude

Looking at trains, even a lunchtime kick off on Saturday would be a lot better. There are at least 2 trains that  will get there in plenty of time for kick off from Inverness from only £22.60 rtrn. And the fact that I could then get to the game didn't cross my mind! :wink:

Us, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Northern Hearts fans all travelling to Edinburgh on the same day - can't see that happening. If they moved the location of the game and gave us a lunch time Saturday, that could work.

The idea that we should accept de facto home advantage in favour of Hearts because it'll bring in more revenue is a con. If it tips the balance in favour of Hearts then we'll completely miss out on the far greater revenue that comes from getting to the final.

I'd rather a medium sized crowd and safe passage to the final than a bumper crowd and losing again.

I'm completely over this now, last season i hated the fact we played at Easter Road but it doesn't phase me now, i know we are the better team and will come out on top regardless.  If we got Celtic, Rangers or even Partick in a cup final and it was played at Hampden would you be annoyed because its only a couple miles for each of those clubs?

• Agree 2

Us, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Northern Hearts fans all travelling to Edinburgh on the same day - can't see that happening. If they moved the location of the game and gave us a lunch time Saturday, that could work.

Edinburgh gets 60000 at Murrayfield for a Scotland game, there can't be more than 45000 at both games. and they would be staggered. 12.45pm and 3pm in opposite sides of the city.  I started thinking about this tounge in cheek, but I might be on to something. 

Edinburgh gets 60000 at Murrayfield for a Scotland game, there can't be more than 45000 at both games. and they would be staggered. 12.45pm and 3pm in opposite sides of the city.  I started thinking about this tounge in cheek, but I might be on to something.

Actually looks like this would be a good shout!

The idea that we should accept de facto home advantage in favour of Hearts because it'll bring in more revenue is a con. If it tips the balance in favour of Hearts then we'll completely miss out on the far greater revenue that comes from getting to the final.

I'd rather a medium sized crowd and safe passage to the final than a bumper crowd and losing again.

I rather see us win and the majority of the bumper crowd go home in floods of tears.

That would be far more fair, just add it in as a cost same as stewarding etc. Why should the the club itself be forced to be out of pocket due to the ineptitude of the cup organisers by laying on buses?  Bear in mind a 50 seater coach would probably cost around £450.

Since when did a 50 seater coach cost £450? Nearer £600 for the last two years at least - check with your CJT Treasurer! More cash required all round.

The club needs to oppose this decision. If the date, time and venue can not be changed (which it probably wont) ICT should, in my opinion lay on free buses for fans, or at a discount price, to encourage fans who are having second thoughts.

free buses for supporters who still want to attend with the cash required to pay for them taken from the gate receipts, before it is divvy'd up between the teams.

That would be far more fair, just add it in as a cost same as stewarding etc. Why should the the club itself be forced to be out of pocket due to the ineptitude of the cup organisers by laying on buses? Bear in mind a 50 seater coach would probably cost around £450.Since when did a 50 seater coach cost £450? Nearer £600 for the last two years at least - check with your CJT Treasurer! More cash required all round.

Hence why I said 'around'.