Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Where does it say that he's rejected our offers?

Well if he'd accepted I think we'd have been told by now! The club tried and failed to tie him down earlier this season, there was reference to it in an interview with Terry a few weeks ago, I think the word "stalled" was used to describe the talks.

Having just got us into another Semi Final and with us still sitting far above Hibs It makes no sense. He knocked back the Championship interest last season cos of what we stood to achieve last season. This season is no different if not better. I think he is determined to make his mark here. Whether that be gaining a European spot or winning a trophy (or both for all you optimists). I think if that is achieved only then he will look to leave. If it happens this season then it wouldnt surprise me if he moves on, but only to a club down South. I really dont see him going anywhere else in Scotland, especially a nothing club like Hibs. 

At the moment they certainly are. They are facing another season of mid table mediocrity if they are lucky. They have a bunch of players who arent very good and dont play well together and fans who are so quick to jump on their backs if any touch they take on the field is not a goal. Theyve also been stuck in this cycle for quite a few years now. Easter Road is one of the most hostile atmospheres in the league just now. They may have money but its not made any bit of difference for Hughes, Calderwood or Fenlon.

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1

"Sunshine On Abriachan"

My team was broken, my team was broken
Brewster Brewster Brewster Brewster 
My team was broken, my team was broken

You saw it, You claimed it
You touched it, You saved it

My tears are drying, my tears are drying
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
My tears are drying, my tears are drying

Your beauty and kindness
Made tears clear my blindness

While I'm worth my room on this earth
I will be with you
While the Chief, puts sunshine on Abriachan
I'll thank Him for His work
And your birth and my birth.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
  • Agree 1

the push seems to be coming from chick young on bbc scotland. He has said that butcher was in the frame an was interested in the job when fenlon was appointed and he thinks the same this time that butcher would be interested. Robbo is worried that the poor crowds may swing him to leave

Guest Mahonio

He was also "interested" in Barnsley job yet stayed due to Malpas refusing to leave us or something along same lines so don't be surprised if same thing happens here.

Personally I dont think Terry would be successful at Hibs. I think it would be a backward step for him. Other managers have failed there. Hibs have a cancer clinging to them in the shape of Rod Petrie and, until he's cut away they'll always be where they are now.

Rod Petrie cold be the fly in the Hibs ointment --but exactly how I don't know. However he was controversial in the past so....?

The other side of the coin is,however, that he seemed to support Fenlon all the way so?

And Hibs ran Hearts ragged in the first half of the League Cup a few days ago so it could be that they have excellent players but Fenlon was just not the ruthlsss S.O.B. that, say, Alex Ferguson, was.

There's a thought! Ferguson to Easter Road. Retirement is not all it's cracked up to be with bo0redom and inactivity having its effect . O.K Time to get back on the bike now so "Cheers".

Views?