Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

It says on ssn that jimmy nicholl to take charge of hibs on saturday does that mean hes turned it down

Terry won't want to disrespect us by being in the dugout for the game if he has gone there. I hope I am wrong though.

It makes no footballing sense for Butcher to leave a nicely built team here to start again at Hibernian. Sure he can get more money to use on players and more money in his own pocket, but realistically he won't achieve anything greater at Hibs than here at Inverness.

I'm in hope he will do another Barnsley to hear what they have to offer, but I'll be surprised and disappointed if he accepts.

If he were to go I'd hope the club would put some kind of clause in to stop them from raiding our players in January.

Sadly, every player has a price and no clauses will change that. Contracts in football mean very little.

I got slated on this forum for not entirely joining in the celebrations when Billy signed a new contract! I protested that too many folk were celebrating the 'fact' he would be now definitely be with us for the next 2 seasons. Billy will leave us in the summer - he won't be hanging about here next year. He'll undoubtedly want to move on if Butcher goes!

It's the end of an era when Terry leaves. But the start of a new one... Nobody is bigger than the club. We'll all still be on here, typing our thoughts - regardless of who the manager is! We'll all have opinions even if the new boss is SpongeBob SquarePants!

He'd do alright!

Players? He's got a big pool to dip into!

As his name suggests he likes to play it square and 'soak up' the pressure. He'd be 5 Star!!!

Edited by Sneckboy

This is narcissism at its purest - clever, manipulative and purely egotistical. A step up from the Barnsley limelight. Will probably get him some more spondoolachs and elevate his rising iconic esteem in the Highlands. It will also endear him to all the "little people" across Britain. Finish it off with a veiled threat about the current contract and encourage more punters to attend matches. And of course should herald more TV punter appearances.

The man of the people, the working classes and the underdog. Shrewd. RESPECT.

Someone on Hibs.net has written the following - 

Just in the door from shopping and was chatting to a " Hibs Legend " in Ocean Terminal at 15.30.

" All being well , I understand , TB will be appointed Wednesday/Thursday but will only start officially Monday 11th . This to avoid any embarresment on Saturday . 
Haven't heard anything about MP or JB . " 

I know it's a wee bit "my sister's dog's friends says..." type of thing, but with the news that Jimmy Nicholl will take the team on Saturday, the scenario of how things will pan out doesn't sound that farfetched. 

Someone on Hibs.net has written the following - 

Just in the door from shopping and was chatting to a " Hibs Legend " in Ocean Terminal at 15.30.

" All being well , I understand , TB will be appointed Wednesday/Thursday but will only start officially Monday 11th . This to avoid any embarresment on Saturday . 

Haven't heard anything about MP or JB . " 

I know it's a wee bit "my sister's dog's friends says..." type of thing, but with the news that Jimmy Nicholl will take the team on Saturday, the scenario of how things will pan out doesn't sound that farfetched. 

That site was full of this stuff this week. Suposedly Butcher was at Easter Road last night for meetings but he said himself that it was not true today.

I think Nicholl being appointed to take the team would happen either way as it is only 3 days away and he will be working with the team in training and hibs have no definite date of when they will appoint a manager or dont actually know if Butcher will accept. They had no choice than to have him in charge on Sat.

There is still hope!

Why would ICT approve an approach today, when last night they said they'd reject it and thus, should Butcher resign to speak to Hibs, would get no compensation?  I think they know Butcher must be keen and the likelihood of him leaving ICT is very high.

Edited by Renegade

If Terry does go ( hope he does not) at least he will be available in a year or so when they sack him or any other they appoint

The only factor that I think would swing it for him would be the supporters, we were to of league and could not get much more than 4000 into stadium

If he goes its only our own fault

Edited by CaleyTom

Why would ICT approve an approach today, when last night they said they'd reject it and thus, should Butcher resign to speak to Hibs, would get no compensation?  I think they know Butcher must be keen and the likelihood of him leaving ICT is very high.

One of the local journalists stating on twitter that he queried this last night and was told that the club never stated that we would refuse permission. Was wrongly reported apparently!

One of the local journalists stating on twitter that he queried this last night and was told that the club never stated that we would refuse permission. Was wrongly reported apparently!

Standard of reporting has been dodgy at best

• Agree 1

This is narcissism at its purest - clever, manipulative and purely egotistical. A step up from the Barnsley limelight. Will probably get him some more spondoolachs and elevate his rising iconic esteem in the Highlands. It will also endear him to all the "little people" across Britain. Finish it off with a veiled threat about the current contract and encourage more punters to attend matches. And of course should herald more TV punter appearances.

The man of the people, the working classes and the underdog. Shrewd. RESPECT.

narcissism-and-preaching.jpg

• Agree 1

Things for Terry to say:

It was simply an offer and an opportunity that I had to look at and seriously consider. Hibs are a big, big club.

I just couldn't let down MY players and the loyal but small fan base in Inverness.

I just wish that the people of Inverness would show more appreciation and support.

I have something to prove this season. Who knows what next season may bring ?

Perhaps a sign of a tear, a stutter, a poignant moment of hesitation would be a non verbal accoompianment.