Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Do people honestly think that if TB was going to say his goodbyes to the players that he would do it so publicly...especially when he was at the stadium with them shortly beforehand?

The STV news showing Terry leaving the stadium saying he was going to work was shot BEFORE the footage at training...I would say order of events deliberately altered to cause confusion and keep people tuning in to the news.

Why do people continue to pedal press reports as being "fact" when they are, time and again, proven to be nothing but inaccurate speculation?

As far as I am concerned, Terry Butcher is the manager of ICTFC until such time as we are officially informed otherwise....and I don't believe that is set to change any time soon.

• Agree 4

For those who don't believe the media are leading them by the nose, try this wee experiment....

Watch the STV footage of Terry at training with the thought he is leaving in your head.  You perceive that the claps from players are a "wish you well" gesture.

Watch the same footage with the thought he is staying in your head.  You perceive the the claps are because Terry has just told them he is staying and they are happy at the news.

It's well document scientific fact that our perception of the things we see are heavily influenced by what we hear and either of the above scenarios is possible...along with a few others.  Heck, he might have jut told them a joke or done one of those "thinking outside the box" teasers he often does and the claps were for that!

I know that Butcher is staying but why isn't he taking charge tomorrow at Easter Road ? Why did he turn up at the stadium when he knew that the press were there ? Why doesn't he just say summat to end all the speculation ?

P.S. I know the answers.

He`s on the sic, an old head injury flares up from time to time, rendering him insane, thinks he`s a pre- Madonna or something :frustrated01:

I know that Butcher is staying but why isn't he taking charge tomorrow at Easter Road ? Why did he turn up at the stadium when he knew that the press were there ? Why doesn't he just say summat to end all the speculation ?

P.S. I know the answers.

He`s on the sic, an old head injury flares up from time to time, rendering him insane, thinks he`s a pre- Madonna or something :frustrated01:

Feck me that is close - here is a clue.

Narcissists, with their ability to "get others to buy into their vision and help them make it a reality," are natural magnets for the "'co-dependent' ... [with] the tendency to put others' need before their own".[9]Sam Vaknin considered that codependents, as "the Watsons of this world, 'provide the narcissist with an obsequious, unthreatening audience ... the perfect backdrop.'

Whilst not dismissing any theories heard to date this simply smells like a compo problem to me. He wants to go, they want him, what is left Sherlock!

Sure does....and if Rod wants his perceived Dream Team then he'll have to pay for it. However in the long run the only winners will be ICTFC ... a nice little compo package and a new raw fledgling manager like Barry Ferguson (or maybe an older Alex Mcleish type manager) Just look where them that thought the grass was greener are now eh..Brewster et al ??? !!!!

Guest Mahonio

Why don't we just see what happens?! Announcement will be made on Monday - you heard it here first!

That's what Mr Harvey said on STV, he also says that whoever is in away dugout tomorrow may well be an indication to if Tel stays or not.

Why don't we just see what happens?! Announcement will be made on Monday - you heard it here first!

That's what Mr Harvey said on STV, he also says that whoever is in away dugout tomorrow may well be an indication to if Tel stays or not.

I think something we have learnt this week is not to listen to the journalists who clearly know as much as us!

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

He's obviously leaving.

That's impression I'm getting to but I do understand CaleyD point of view as well, hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

Mr Harvey has been disingenuous at best today.